Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 190

post #2836 of 8357
I never had the ak100 gui hang while playing. That part was quite stable. Sounds like they need to reinstall the firmware.
post #2837 of 8357
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie0904 View Post

i tried ak100 at my local shop.
the device hang twice throughout a 30 min listening. software quite unstable.

 

Mine has never hung on me, not even once.

post #2838 of 8357

Mine hung on me a couple times but that is very minor as I see it. I've had such issues on my other players as well so.

post #2839 of 8357
I have to laugh at people who complain about iriver software and wish it would work better with itunes. That iriver software is absolutely worthless, but so is itunes. Would never re-install either ever again. It's like when I had my cowons and I tried out jetaudio, ha no thanks.
post #2840 of 8357
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee View Post

I have to laugh at people who complain about iriver software and wish it would work better with itunes. That iriver software is absolutely worthless, but so is itunes. Would never re-install either ever again. It's like when I had my cowons and I tried out jetaudio, ha no thanks.


Well that's not the point though. What about Foobar, Media Monkey and Jriver? They all support playlists to my knowledge and I think iRiver should be supporting m3u files without issues. Seems most Korean players (even Cowon) has major issues with playlist support. I mean why is that so hard to get right? I find playlist to be very convenient. I started using them on my Sansa Fuze and even on my iphone4. Even the DX100 supports playlists (still not perfect though). I just like the organization it brings. The music shows up in the order you put it in. That's sweet. :)

post #2841 of 8357
Just received mine yesterday actually. And talking about hang problem...mine even worse. It wont power up unless usb plugged to device. So sad.
post #2842 of 8357
Funny...I've not seen any of these problems that others are seeing.

RWAK100 is still going strong.
post #2843 of 8357
Dup
post #2844 of 8357
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzic4life View Post

Just received mine yesterday actually. And talking about hang problem...mine even worse. It wont power up unless usb plugged to device. So sad.

Fyi: my problem solved.
After i did upgrade the firmware...now my ak100 is okay....means i love it moooore biggrin.gif
post #2845 of 8357
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee View Post

I have to laugh at people who complain about iriver software and wish it would work better with itunes. That iriver software is absolutely worthless, but so is itunes. Would never re-install either ever again. It's like when I had my cowons and I tried out jetaudio, ha no thanks.

 

Can't take you seriously when you compare itunes with the iriver software.  You may not like itunes but it is at least servicibly functional.  I have my iPod wirelessly sync with itunes on my computer and I don't have to touch it ever again, and smart playlist actually works, computer magic literally just happens.  The iriver software does nothing of that sort. 

 

And yes, why doesn't the ak100 just mount as a drive with media monkey or Jriver which could sync to usb mass storage? 

post #2846 of 8357

I am sorry,  so far in itunes is doing better in doing syncs compared to near everything else i use just because its so easy to use,  is it a trend now where everything apple made will get bashed no matter if it does work properly

post #2847 of 8357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrias View Post

I am sorry,  so far in itunes is doing better in doing syncs compared to near everything else i use just because its so easy to use,  is it a trend now where everything apple made will get bashed no matter if it does work properly

 

I love iTunes myself and have been using it all the while. It is neat and aesthetically pleasing to use. Its ability to integrate with audiophile playback software such as Audirvana+ and Amarra on my Mac is a huge plus. Using it with my iPad is a bliss as well.

 

While I don't understand the bashing of iTunes, the preference on softwares quoted as being 'much better' than iTunes are backward in my experience.

post #2848 of 8357

I can piggy back anything using mediamonkey and itunes, people also seems to tout drag and drop as an advantage, i dont want to drag and drop 9gb of music to ensure i have everything i want on my dap

post #2849 of 8357
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post

 

I love iTunes myself and have been using it all the while. It is neat and aesthetically pleasing to use. Its ability to integrate with audiophile playback software such as Audirvana+ and Amarra on my Mac is a huge plus. Using it with my iPad is a bliss as well.

 

While I don't understand the bashing of iTunes, the preference on softwares quoted as being 'much better' than iTunes are backward in my experience.

 

What I find is that people usually bash iTunes because it won't let them do drag&drop and file explorer organisation, which is understandable but IMO if you have thousands of songs drag&drop is really not a good solution at all.  I've always maintained that a modern DAP should be meta-data driven (I mean really nearly all formats support some sort of tagging and I want to be able to use it for organisation, not just look at it!) but it looks like high-end DAPS usually don't do this which makes navigation and syncing incredibly frustrating.  I've also tried a lot of media software and iTunes is arguably quite competent in comparison to a lot of other alternatives.  The only other piece of software which measures up in useability and design is actually Microsoft's Zune software (which introduced wifi syncing first before iPod too). 

 

Other players like Media Monkey and JRiver aren't bad, but maybe a little TOO much tweaking so they get kind of cluttered.

post #2850 of 8357
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post

 

I love iTunes myself and have been using it all the while. It is neat and aesthetically pleasing to use. Its ability to integrate with audiophile playback software such as Audirvana+ and Amarra on my Mac is a huge plus. Using it with my iPad is a bliss as well.

 

While I don't understand the bashing of iTunes, the preference on softwares quoted as being 'much better' than iTunes are backward in my experience.

X2

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP