Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 176

post #2626 of 8516
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

None of the colours are available now. As mentioned, this is a survey.

 

I like the red option most, personally. Seems appropriate to get the RWAK100 in red too. I think I'll wait and see if this comes to pass.

post #2627 of 8516
Quote:
Originally Posted by fzman View Post

isn't otg an Android thing?  I don;t think the AK100 runs Android - QED

OTG or USB On-The-Go is not exclusively for Android device only. 

 

OTG is a feature that allows USB devices such as digital audio players (DAP) to act as a master/host, allowing other USB devices such as a USB thumb drive or external USB HD to communicate with the host.

I believe iRiver has a pool of firmware/software engineers who can easily add this OTG features into the AK100. Just curious why they did not do it.


Edited by cyberalpha11 - 2/10/13 at 7:42am
post #2628 of 8516
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

OTG or USB On-The-Go is not exclusively for Android device only. 

 

OTG is a feature that allows USB devices such as digital audio players (DAP) to act as a master/host, allowing other USB devices such as a USB thumb drive or external USB HD to communicate with the host.

I believe iRiver has a pool of firmware/software engineers who can easily add this OTG features into the AK100. Just curious why they did not do it.

Thanks for the skinny - I thought it was an Android thing, not a USB  thing - Portable USB drives are pretty small these days, and quite capacious as well.  

 

Cool r-to-r by the way, I have a Tascam 32  1/2 track machine, although it gets very little use, I like having it.


Edited by fzman - 2/10/13 at 7:54am
post #2629 of 8516
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

I believe iRiver has a pool of firmware/software engineers who can easily add this OTG features into the AK100. Just curious why they did not do it.

 

Because it is not a sfotware-only thing. It requires the USB plug/ chip to support USB OTG

post #2630 of 8516
It is also something that get added on the player , thus increasing cost (or decreasing profit) and its not exactly a demanded feature, you dont exactly see people demanding that they should be able to lug their 2tb hdd and connect it to their media player
post #2631 of 8516
I want a red one too.

RED Wine Audio Style! Haha
post #2632 of 8516

Hi,

 

Newbie here getting into the hobby.  I ordered my RWAK100 this past Friday.  Will the RWAK100 drive my HD800's?  If not, what headphones and/or high end in ear monitors would you suggest?  Should I "line out" into an external portableamp?

 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

 

...and I thought my pseudo commercial wine making hobby was expensive!! gs1000.gif

 

 

Regards,

 

Joe

post #2633 of 8516
Quote:
Originally Posted by joegiz View Post

If not, what headphones and/or high end in ear monitors would you suggest?  Should I "line out" into an external portableamp?

It is honestly a hard question to answer and will depend on alot of personal preferences, what you want to spend, what your main goal will be etc etc

The good thing is, the red wine version is alot more versatile when it comes to driving alot of different iems and cans without an amp needed in alot of cases.

I would suggest starting with what you have and progressing from there, you may be surprised at how competent the little guy can be.
post #2634 of 8516
Quote:
Originally Posted by joegiz View Post

Hi,

 

Newbie here getting into the hobby.  I ordered my RWAK100 this past Friday.  Will the RWAK100 drive my HD800's?  If not, what headphones and/or high end in ear monitors would you suggest?  Should I "line out" into an external portableamp?

 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

 

...and I thought my pseudo commercial wine making hobby was expensive!! gs1000.gif

 

 

Regards,

 

Joe


it will produce music with hd800, but it certainly wont make it sings

post #2635 of 8516

Where and how much is the lowest price you can buy this mp3?

post #2636 of 8516
airkitoy please check your pm inbox.
post #2637 of 8516
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbigger View Post


it will produce music with hd800, but it certainly wont make it sings

Agreed. You need to add some juice to the setup to make your reference headphones sound properly.

post #2638 of 8516

I have to make this little confession of mine - I absolutely love the pairing of the RWAK100 and the ER4P!

 

They are a pair made in heaven. The sound is so correct and coherent. No spike, no trough, no sibilance. Nothing is out of place. Best of all, details ooze out effortlessly.

 

The pairing won't satisfy basshead, those who demands warm/lush/full sound, nor those who wanted a wide and deep soundstage. The ER4P is a monitoring IEM with a neutral FR, flat soundstage with decent width. The RWAK100 is able to retain all the strengths of the ER4P and give it a very clean sound and black background. It's been quite a while since I have found such a lovely pairing in any portable setup.

 

I will await the arrival of my C4 before posting my impression of the RWAK100.

post #2639 of 8516
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Looks like the AK100 may come out in different colours. A survey was going on as to which colour would be popular. I guess this was the "upgrade" in the end.

 

Their booth was full so I didn't get a chance to talk to them.

 

 

 

 

 

wow, all looks good imho. Gold could have been a limited edition, silver could just be another color apart from the black, and the red... could be marketed to promote support for AIDS or smth. =D

 

 

 

anyways i would have gotten the Gold. it looks just too cliche.

 

 

 

and now im thinking... when would they launch it =D


Edited by Fatalethal - 2/13/13 at 8:38am
post #2640 of 8516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalethal View Post

...and the red... could be marketed to promote support for AIDS or smth. =D

 

 

rolleyes.gif....and PINK for Breast Cancer and Mary Kay....and don't forget CAMO for Hunters, etc., etc...rolleyes.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP