Yes, he is.
- 7,285 Posts. Joined 5/2010
- Location: east central NY state
- Select All Posts By This User
ive got an idle RB hp120 as well...beat up too...the hd crapped out and battery is near dead but up until then coupled optically with the modded (full BG caps stuffed in there, i mean stuffed) D10 and topkit...it sounded fantastic tonally....dynamics were compressed a bit and the soundstage a tad shallow and narrow, but great for rockin' out nonetheless....
actually jamato, i think you helped me out with some cap placement questions i had a few years back...!!!
I may have. I sold my D10 that was total Black Gates. The BG alone were worth a lot as they were all the best nonpolar. Oh well.
I am playing some Hirez stuff on the AK100 right now. WAV 24/196 and WAV.
My RWAK100 is going strong. Love the sound, love the size. Just need gapless. One note, having the eq off vs on w flat settings leads to markedly different sound, leading me to conclude the player's base/flat setting is not exactly flat.
The International is more powerful than the national, being able to power the HE-6, for example. The sound is also closer to neutral (compared to RSA Intruder).
If you're using only IEMs, the National is good, but the International is good for both full-sized cans and IEMs. V3 is decent but not good for IEMs due to heavy hiss.
HI guys~I am from HK. I hope that my English wont get you all mad><
I am using AK100 (not RWAK100 T_T) with Sennheiser IE800 earphone and Audio Technica ESW11LTD headphone.
I am considering to buy the ALO Audio the International. I would like to ask some questions:
1. Is it worth to buy the international if I just use the single ended?
2. If I connect the ak100 with the international through singled ended, will the dac part of the international override the ak100's? Or just override the amp part?
3. Should I turn the volume of ak100 to max while connecting with an amp? There are some cases that the volume of left and right earphones are different if i connect them in this way........but if i turn the amp's volume higher, it will be normal (but it is always too loud to listen).
Thanks so much for your help!
AK100, what a piece of trash. I hate it. I absolutely hate it. I have never hated something so much in my life. The sound is okay, but not worth the rest of the package, and certainly not worth the price. Overpriced even if it sold for $300. Wow.
Interesting. So what in particular do you not like? Seems to work fine for me.