Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 166

post #2476 of 8781
Quote:
Originally Posted by toads View Post

ok i spent way too much time this afternoon trying to convert my new Sandisk 64gb microSD form exFAT to FAT32 on windows 7....

 

WTF is the deal....??!1?...

 

tried the panasonic utility...useless....formats the card, but only to exFAT...no option i can see to change file sys to 32...?

 

tried the hp utility...converted to FAT32, performed a quick format...pc 'sees' it, can drag 'n drop files to it, but the RWAK doesn't see any files despite the fact it sees the card...

 

would a  full erase re-format provide different results that a quickie...?

 

does having a dedicated card reader make any difference....?...this was attempted with card loaded in RWAK....

 

 

what am i missing....?...help anyone...?

 

TIA

 

Here you go "Mr. Know It All" lol (joke). :P

 

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

 

If you still have issues formatting it then I'd say you'll need a dedicated card reader as well but I don't think that should be the case. Just make sure you format the card and not the AK100 or you may be screwed.


Edited by lee730 - 2/5/13 at 8:35pm
post #2477 of 8781

Stupid glitches.....


Edited by lee730 - 2/5/13 at 8:45pm
post #2478 of 8781
Quote:
Originally Posted by toads View Post

ok i spent way too much time this afternoon trying to convert my new Sandisk 64gb microSD form exFAT to FAT32 on windows 7....

 

WTF is the deal....??!1?...

 

tried the panasonic utility...useless....formats the card, but only to exFAT...no option i can see to change file sys to 32...?

 

tried the hp utility...converted to FAT32, performed a quick format...pc 'sees' it, can drag 'n drop files to it, but the RWAK doesn't see any files despite the fact it sees the card...

 

would a  full erase re-format provide different results that a quickie...?

 

does having a dedicated card reader make any difference....?...this was attempted with card loaded in RWAK....

 

 

what am i missing....?...help anyone...?

 

TIA

 

Hey,

 

1. Don't put card in AK100 to format.

(a. it doesn't work)

(b. u may accidentally format the wrong drive, such as the AK100 partition as well)

 

2. Use a Card Reader

 

3. Use "DISKGENIUS" to format it.

a. Format as FAT32 64GB by Windows itself ( if can't recognize, go for 32GB)

b. Format again using DISKGENIUS as FAT32 64GB

c. Should be shown as 64GB SD card in Windows

 

http://www.diskgenius.cn/
http://www.diskgenius.cn/help/formatpart.asp

 

or  using EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition

 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2041679

 

 

4. Copy songs to directly through Card Reader ONLY

 

Mine is SanDisk 64GB micro SDXC (for Mobile) Class 10

 

It works for my AK100 and Colorfly C4

 

Now I am just Waiting for 128GB micro SD.... when can it be released? :(


Edited by jackrabbitslim0 - 2/5/13 at 8:44pm
post #2479 of 8781
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee View Post


Having owned both I do not even think they are comparable, the sound signature of both those devices couldn't be more different IMO.
Then when you factor in build quality, UI, portability and SQ its not even close. I firmly believe my RWAK100 is much closer to being worth its price then a cheaply made and always breaking HM-801.
I would keep my RWAK100 over an HM-801 in a heartbeat.

 

If by different sound signatures, you mean quality, then yes.  They are different.  Like USDA Prime Steak vs. Choice Steak.

 

But the HM-801 is one ugly looking steak that tastes amazing.

 

I prefer steak that tastes better than it looks on the outside.

 

I don't know what you're doing with your HM-801 but both of mine are still working just fine.

post #2480 of 8781
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrabbitslim0 View Post

 

Hey,

 

1. Don't put card in AK100 to format.

(a. it doesn't work)

(b. u may accidentally format the wrong drive, such as the AK100 partition as well)

 

2. Use a Card Reader

 

3. Use "DISKGENIUS" to format it.

a. Format as FAT32 64GB by Windows itself ( if can't recognize, go for 32GB)

b. Format again using DISKGENIUS as FAT32 64GB

c. Should be shown as 64GB SD card in Windows

 

http://www.diskgenius.cn/
http://www.diskgenius.cn/help/formatpart.asp

 

or  using EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition

 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2041679

 

 

4. Copy songs to directly through Card Reader ONLY

 

Mine is SanDisk 64GB micro SDXC (for Mobile) Class 10

 

It works for my AK100 and Colorfly C4

 

Now I am just Waiting for 128GB micro SD.... when can it be released? :(

 

thx...jackrabbit...!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

 

Here you go "Mr. Know It All" lol (joke). :P

 

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

 

If you still have issues formatting it then I'd say you'll need a dedicated card reader as well but I don't think that should be the case. Just make sure you format the card and not the AK100 or you may be screwed.

 

oh yeah i forgot i tried that utility too...didn't work...errored something about the drive in use...???

post #2481 of 8781
Quote:
Originally Posted by toads View Post

 

thx...jackrabbit...!

 

 

oh yeah i forgot i tried that utility too...didn't work...errored something about the drive in use...???


guiformat is the one that i used to format my sansa 64 gb cards.  I used it twice and it worked both times.   Maybe one of the other formatting utilities had not released control of the card when you tried to use guiformat.

 

I was running it from xp though using the built in card reader on my laptop.  I suppose it could make a difference with a different os and usb plugin in adapter.  Don't know for sure though.

post #2482 of 8781

Yeah, I found WinXP to be the easiest way to format a 64GB MicroSDXC card.

 

But I've good luck with EaseUS Partition Master thus far.

 

I find it ironic that Sandisk Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC packages are often labeled with Android logo's yet, with being formatted to exFAT by default, they don't work in many Android devices.

post #2483 of 8781
Quote:
Originally Posted by toads View Post

 

thx...jackrabbit...!

 

 

oh yeah i forgot i tried that utility too...didn't work...errored something about the drive in use...???


As posted above, try restart the computer and then try use the program. Can you run guiformatter as administrator? That could be the issue. If not then all I can say is you will need a card reader to format it....

post #2484 of 8781

I highly suggest using a dedicated Card Reader, rather than the AK100.

 

Btw, I am using Win 7 and open the Format Software as The Administrator is a MUST.

 

Besides, Try not to use Leave Your FAT32 64GB formatted SD Card in your AK100 when you connect your AK100 to PC,

Coz sometimes, it may cause Format / Reading Error on your SD Card. 

 

But I recall reading from some forums ppl can format the SD Card and Transfer Files through the AK100.

I just forgot the details. Sadly, The transfer speed is not as fast as using a Card Reader.

 

Well, Any one Tried -->  SD-Micro to SD Card Adapter ??

 

http://linitx.com/product/11922

 

Wishing that can use Dual 128GB SD Card -->

 

32+128+128 = 288GB!

 

or even 32 + 256 + 256 = 0.5 TB !!!  

 

 

Also, How about this --> Micro SD to USB Drive

 

http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/21/microsd-to-usb-mobidapter-is-a-smartphones-best-friend/


Edited by jackrabbitslim0 - 2/6/13 at 12:47am
post #2485 of 8781
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrabbitslim0 View Post

[snip]

 

Well, Any one Tried -->  SD-Micro to SD Card Adapter ??

 

http://linitx.com/product/11922

 

[snip]

 

Not new, not tried on the RWAK100 but tried on the DX100 (from 5 pages back) :-

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630288/the-new-iriver-ak100-a-high-end-dap/2415#post_9126929

post #2486 of 8781
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Not new, not tried on the RWAK100 but tried on the DX100 (from 5 pages back) :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630288/the-new-iriver-ak100-a-high-end-dap/2415#post_9126929

Actually, yes I did try it and confirmed that it worked on the ak100 several posts back- that's what lead you to post
a link from the dx100 thread after tongue.gif
Edited by ChrisSC - 2/6/13 at 6:24am
post #2487 of 8781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post

If by different sound signatures, you mean quality, then yes.  They are different.  Like USDA Prime Steak vs. Choice Steak.

But the HM-801 is one ugly looking steak that tastes amazing.

I prefer steak that tastes better than it looks on the outside.

I don't know what you're doing with your HM-801 but both of mine are still working just fine.

yeah normal daily use and the buttons broke or became unfunctional twice.
have an hm-602 as well and had it break twice under normal daily use. who thought those sliders where a good idea ?
they didn't even make me return my last hm-602, they just replaced it ! shows how much they value their product.

hifiman has **** quality, and its well known that the performance tests make it a laughable device.

the fact that you have 2 amazes and baffles me at the same time.
post #2488 of 8781
I sent iRiver one of my Amazon mp3 songs that was cutting off several seconds. They confirmed it is doing it for them as well and are turning it over to the development team to implement a firmware fix.
post #2489 of 8781
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee View Post


yeah normal daily use and the buttons broke or became unfunctional twice.
have an hm-602 as well and had it break twice under normal daily use. who thought those sliders where a good idea ?
they didn't even make me return my last hm-602, they just replaced it ! shows how much they value their product.

hifiman has **** quality, and its well known that the performance tests make it a laughable device.

the fact that you have 2 amazes and baffles me at the same time.

 

You are more then welcome to be baffled, Junior.

post #2490 of 8781
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

I sent iRiver one of my Amazon mp3 songs that was cutting off several seconds. They confirmed it is doing it for them as well and are turning it over to the development team to implement a firmware fix.


Where was it cutting off?  The beginning, end, or somewhere in the middle?

 

What was the bit rate and sample rate of the file?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP