- 2,031 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: QC, Philippines
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 11/16/14 at 12:34pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 10/23/14 at 7:52am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/28/14
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 163
Gear mentioned in this thread:
No, I only use the amp section but the Pico that I use is the DAC/Amp version. The Pico slim is attached to the side for IEMs.
I don't know what your point is.
So does the SR 71-A.
SR71-A is the replacement for the SR-71. Mainly due to parts changing, they both used 2 standard 9V batteries for power.
The SR-71-B is the balanced version (b for balanced not for battery) which did not use 9v batteries it had an internal battery pack which could be charged.
I'm about to pull the trigger on a RWAK100. I'm interested in what cans do you/would you use with this?
I have the HD800's but do not want to take these outside or on vacation with me. I was considering the Vmoda M100.
Any other suggestions where sound quality is priority uno followed by comfortable fit? Budget for walk around cans is $500 +-.
Hi, i am looking to upgrade my iems to something better, something that works better with my ak100. I am currently enjoying my hifiman 262 and fischer audio tandems, but am looking at an upgrade to something with better detail and soundstage. Right now i am looking at the final audio heaven iv and earsonics sm3 v2. Anyone tested either of these on the ak100? i am especially concerned with the fad since it is balanced armature and i am already having problems with my gr10 playing properly on my ak100. Thanks.
Amazon does have extraneous tags on their files...comments, discnumber, ID3.v1 etc. I always clean them up when I get them. Maybe that is affecting your player?
I use MP3Tag....here are my option settings for MP3's....
Using those options, the files play and are recognized on every player I have used.....Sansa, Samsung, Creative, Cowon, Apple, Sony, and anything running Rockbox.
Never had any problems with Amazon MP3s on any device, incl. the AK100, and honestly I strongly doubt that tags would affect the actual audio data, as per the symptom of cutting off the last seconds of a track... On the other hand the iRiver codec implementations (not just MP3) seem to be a bit finicky to put it nicely, so I guess it's possible.
Keep in mind if your re-convert an already lossy file (i.e. MP3) it will further deteriorate. You can convert it into a lossless one like FLAC or ALAC but that would be a bit of a waste of space... I guess it's worth a shot just to test if the track is not somehow corrupted.
If you're on a Mac, Kid3 is a nice free tag editor that does batch conversions etc.
I was only suggesting a reconvert as a starting point to see if the file itself has an issue or the player. I think most people on here know reconverting a lossy file will cause it to further deteriorate.
I would delete the re-converted file after testing it to avoid any confusion. You never know clearing out the tags is easy and it may be a culprit too, small chance but maybe.
Amazon mp3 files contain "record company required data" in addition to the usual mp3 tags, which contain your purchase details and make it possible for copyright owners to identify you. Maybe that's what's causing your problem.
Read more about it here, this site also provides a tool to remove these extra tags.
Can't use mp3tag - windows only. Kid3 tag software didn't help. Converting the MP3 to ALAC did. It's cutting 9 seconds off the song I tested with. I haven't tried James' link yet.
Edit: can't use James' link - windows only. So what could possible be causing a 9 second cut-off?
Edited by shotgunshane - 2/4/13 at 6:14pm
Yes, you can use a 64gb micro card. I am using one now. You do have to reformat it into fat32 though. No exfat support. It don't think 128 micro cards are available yet.
Take a look at the Pico Slim amps. They're tiny. As for myself, I occasionally pair my RWAK100 with the Ortofon MHd-Q7 but it's more of a boxy look. I don't mind 'cos I really love the MHd-Q7
I am waiting my ak100 to arrived . I also interesting on ortofon mhdq7. Eventhough is not slim but i really love the looks..especially with that volume pot
Can't use mp3tag - windows only. Kid3 tag software didn't help. Converting the MP3 to ALAC did. It's cutting 9 seconds off the song I tested with. I haven't tried James' link yet. Edit: can't use James' link - windows only. So what could possible be causing a 9 second cut-off?
If I understand correctly, the conversion fixed the issue? I guess you could go back from that to MP3 and see if it fixes the issue...
I also doubt that mp3tag or other de-AmazonTagging tools would fix the issue any more than Kid3 would... this is strange indeed. I still think it may be a somewhat corrupt download, and would suggest to re-download at least one of the faulty tracks to test this, maybe by alternate means (newest version of Amazon Downloader? Direct?)
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Looking for a "cheap" Closed OverEar Headphone for not to care... 4 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 seconds ago
- › Logitech X-530 replacements 46 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 47 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Logitech UE6000 2 minutes ago
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 2 minutes ago
- › How Do I Prove My Head-Fi Allegiance ! 2 minutes ago
- › Importance of clean USB power in my experience 2 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 3 minutes ago
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)