- 1,818 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: QC, Philippines
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 4/13/14 at 2:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 4/4/14 at 4:56am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 163post #2431 of 83352/4/13 at 2:56pmI pair my normal AK100 with the Pico DAC/amp and Pico slim. They all match their respective sizes.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2432 of 83352/4/13 at 2:59pmpost #2433 of 83352/4/13 at 3:04pm
No, I only use the amp section but the Pico that I use is the DAC/Amp version. The Pico slim is attached to the side for IEMs.post #2434 of 83352/4/13 at 3:09pmQuote:
OK, thanks...................................post #2435 of 83352/4/13 at 3:15pm
I don't know what your point is.
So does the SR 71-A.
SR71-A is the replacement for the SR-71. Mainly due to parts changing, they both used 2 standard 9V batteries for power.
The SR-71-B is the balanced version (b for balanced not for battery) which did not use 9v batteries it had an internal battery pack which could be charged.post #2436 of 83352/4/13 at 4:41pm
I'm about to pull the trigger on a RWAK100. I'm interested in what cans do you/would you use with this?
I have the HD800's but do not want to take these outside or on vacation with me. I was considering the Vmoda M100.
Any other suggestions where sound quality is priority uno followed by comfortable fit? Budget for walk around cans is $500 +-.
Joepost #2437 of 83352/4/13 at 4:45pm
Hi, i am looking to upgrade my iems to something better, something that works better with my ak100. I am currently enjoying my hifiman 262 and fischer audio tandems, but am looking at an upgrade to something with better detail and soundstage. Right now i am looking at the final audio heaven iv and earsonics sm3 v2. Anyone tested either of these on the ak100? i am especially concerned with the fad since it is balanced armature and i am already having problems with my gr10 playing properly on my ak100. Thanks.post #2438 of 83352/4/13 at 5:56pmpost #2439 of 83352/4/13 at 6:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Achmedisdead
Amazon does have extraneous tags on their files...comments, discnumber, ID3.v1 etc. I always clean them up when I get them. Maybe that is affecting your player?
I use MP3Tag....here are my option settings for MP3's....
Using those options, the files play and are recognized on every player I have used.....Sansa, Samsung, Creative, Cowon, Apple, Sony, and anything running Rockbox.Quote:Originally Posted by TheGrumpyOldMan
Never had any problems with Amazon MP3s on any device, incl. the AK100, and honestly I strongly doubt that tags would affect the actual audio data, as per the symptom of cutting off the last seconds of a track... On the other hand the iRiver codec implementations (not just MP3) seem to be a bit finicky to put it nicely, so I guess it's possible.
Keep in mind if your re-convert an already lossy file (i.e. MP3) it will further deteriorate. You can convert it into a lossless one like FLAC or ALAC but that would be a bit of a waste of space... I guess it's worth a shot just to test if the track is not somehow corrupted.
If you're on a Mac, Kid3 is a nice free tag editor that does batch conversions etc.Quote:Originally Posted by kcee
I was only suggesting a reconvert as a starting point to see if the file itself has an issue or the player. I think most people on here know reconverting a lossy file will cause it to further deteriorate.
I would delete the re-converted file after testing it to avoid any confusion. You never know clearing out the tags is easy and it may be a culprit too, small chance but maybe.Quote:Originally Posted by james444
Amazon mp3 files contain "record company required data" in addition to the usual mp3 tags, which contain your purchase details and make it possible for copyright owners to identify you. Maybe that's what's causing your problem.
Read more about it here, this site also provides a tool to remove these extra tags.
Can't use mp3tag - windows only. Kid3 tag software didn't help. Converting the MP3 to ALAC did. It's cutting 9 seconds off the song I tested with. I haven't tried James' link yet.
Edit: can't use James' link - windows only. So what could possible be causing a 9 second cut-off?
Edited by shotgunshane - 2/4/13 at 6:14pmpost #2440 of 83352/4/13 at 6:21pmQuote:
Yes, you can use a 64gb micro card. I am using one now. You do have to reformat it into fat32 though. No exfat support. It don't think 128 micro cards are available yet.post #2441 of 83352/4/13 at 6:48pmQuote:
Thanks...................................post #2442 of 83352/4/13 at 7:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by AnakChan
Take a look at the Pico Slim amps. They're tiny. As for myself, I occasionally pair my RWAK100 with the Ortofon MHd-Q7 but it's more of a boxy look. I don't mind 'cos I really love the MHd-Q7
I am waiting my ak100 to arrived . I also interesting on ortofon mhdq7. Eventhough is not slim but i really love the looks..especially with that volume potpost #2443 of 83352/4/13 at 7:24pmpost #2444 of 83352/5/13 at 1:10am
Quote:Originally Posted by shotgunshane
Can't use mp3tag - windows only. Kid3 tag software didn't help. Converting the MP3 to ALAC did. It's cutting 9 seconds off the song I tested with. I haven't tried James' link yet. Edit: can't use James' link - windows only. So what could possible be causing a 9 second cut-off?
If I understand correctly, the conversion fixed the issue? I guess you could go back from that to MP3 and see if it fixes the issue...
I also doubt that mp3tag or other de-AmazonTagging tools would fix the issue any more than Kid3 would... this is strange indeed. I still think it may be a somewhat corrupt download, and would suggest to re-download at least one of the faulty tracks to test this, maybe by alternate means (newest version of Amazon Downloader? Direct?)
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Headphone Sightings 2 16 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Desktop vs Portable listening... 16 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 31 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 40 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 59 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › FS GoldRing DR150 BRAND NEW,SEALED 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob