- Couple random musings on the RWAK100-
I still need more time before I give more than the preliminary impressions that I gave earlier, but I can comment on the interface:
Its generally very impressive- responsive, and minimalistic. This DAP is as straightforward as an apple product, and that's a good thing. Having said that, it still could be more polished:
1) I'm not sure if other (RW)AK100 owners experience this, but if I have an artist that starts with "The" (i.e.: "The Neighbourhood," "The Beatles"), it sorts the band as under "The" which sucks because now I have a list of bands that start with "The" in my artist list, when I should be able to find the Beatles in the "B" section, not the "T" section.
2) The other thing thats nonsensical is that the go back function is sometimes located in the bottom left corner and sometimes in the upper left corner- why not keep it consistent?
3) Lastly the missing search function- I agree it would be impossible to make a virtual keyboard on the touchscreen to find an artist/album/song- I think what they could do is use the volume dial as for a scroll function to go through the alphabet and use the play button on the side of the device for the enter function- sort of like what the mid 2000s Mercedes/BMWs did with their navigation sysems.
4) +1 on all of Anakchan's suggestions too
Unrelated to the interface- I can confirm that dsaloman's micro SD card to SD card extender/adapter trick that he used for the DX100 works also for the ak100. That means that if one were inclined and had the money, one could make this device have around 540gb of storage!
(2 256gb sd cards + 32gb internal memory)
Question to the (rw)ak100 owners: what small amps do you recommend pairing with this? I'd like to maintain the portable footprint, and I'm wondering if the rsa shadow's amp is (markedly) better than the internal amp... Anything else that I should look into? fiio e6, etc.
Thanks in advance,