- 4,803 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Hotlanta
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 5/3/15 at 8:36pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 140
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am using a windows computer. I don't know if this will be useful for you or not. There is a hidden "system" folder with ak100.sys files in addition to what looks like database files. I don't know what tuner.dat is for. Using the directory command from the command prompt option, the contents of that drive are: <snip>
Thanks for providing that. Looks actually the same as on a Mac, I discussed them (incl. System folder) in an earlier post. I was hoping there would be UNIX-style hidden folder (starting with a dot) which are hidden by default in the Finder/Explorer. Since you used the command prompt, they would have shown up though.
I have a copy of my set of folders and alas putting them back didn't help either. The AK100 just doesn't see the drive as a whole, incl. those folders...
And to be very clear: The download is a .zip file, you first need to unzip it (OS X has support built-in, just double-click on the file) then put the resulting AK100.hex file in the root folder of the INTERNAL drive, as in daseinpdx's example listing a couple of posts back.
It's more likely a function of the browser: if it's set to automatically open files, it may forward it to the Archive Utility for extraction. So it will depend on the browser used and its security settings.
I'm thinking about getting an AK100 + ALO National. This would solve the impedance issue and give me ability to drive basically anything OTG. I'm on the fence about buying a RWAK100, and I would have use of the National with other gear that really need amplification. The footprint match of the AK100 and the National is basically identical and they are small units so I don't think the setup would be too bulky for portable use. What do you guys think about this? Price wise it's about the same as RWAK anyways. Appreciate your input!
You REALLY need to read through the thread,...
Quick update: iRiver finally got back to me regarding my little issue, they'll forward my email to the techs and we'll see...
Also, I finally received my Tzar 350 which I preordered quite a while ago. Was looking to get some IEMs that I'd actually really like, and with those there definitely should be no impedance issue whatsoever with the AK100, even considering the 8x rule...
Don't want to double-post, so here's my conclusion at this time: "After all I've tried in the past year, really noticeably good or at least improved experiences have become increasingly rare, and I'm happy to say the Tzar 350 is one of those." If you're interested in more details, head over to the Tzar thread.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › USB microphone makes O2/ODAC stop working 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 4 minutes ago
- › I don't like western cosplayers imitating Anime characters, they... 5 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › 11th Calgary Head-Fi Meet Sunday May 31st, 2015 at University of... 7 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2