- 3,002 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Hotlanta
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- looking for advice for sleeping iem in the $100 range Last post on 8/16/11 at 6:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy headphones for anthem/epic trance. Last post on 5/1/11 at 2:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- of all the mp3 players that can use the current stable Rockbox port, which is best? Last post on 9/10/10 at 5:51pm in Portable Source Gear
- help me choose my new mp3 player! Last post on 9/12/10 at 6:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Audiobook player with specific requirements Last post on 9/2/10 at 2:44am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Edited on 5/13/13
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 140
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am using a windows computer. I don't know if this will be useful for you or not. There is a hidden "system" folder with ak100.sys files in addition to what looks like database files. I don't know what tuner.dat is for. Using the directory command from the command prompt option, the contents of that drive are: <snip>
Thanks for providing that. Looks actually the same as on a Mac, I discussed them (incl. System folder) in an earlier post. I was hoping there would be UNIX-style hidden folder (starting with a dot) which are hidden by default in the Finder/Explorer. Since you used the command prompt, they would have shown up though.
I have a copy of my set of folders and alas putting them back didn't help either. The AK100 just doesn't see the drive as a whole, incl. those folders...
And to be very clear: The download is a .zip file, you first need to unzip it (OS X has support built-in, just double-click on the file) then put the resulting AK100.hex file in the root folder of the INTERNAL drive, as in daseinpdx's example listing a couple of posts back.
It's more likely a function of the browser: if it's set to automatically open files, it may forward it to the Archive Utility for extraction. So it will depend on the browser used and its security settings.
I'm thinking about getting an AK100 + ALO National. This would solve the impedance issue and give me ability to drive basically anything OTG. I'm on the fence about buying a RWAK100, and I would have use of the National with other gear that really need amplification. The footprint match of the AK100 and the National is basically identical and they are small units so I don't think the setup would be too bulky for portable use. What do you guys think about this? Price wise it's about the same as RWAK anyways. Appreciate your input!
You REALLY need to read through the thread,...
Quick update: iRiver finally got back to me regarding my little issue, they'll forward my email to the techs and we'll see...
Also, I finally received my Tzar 350 which I preordered quite a while ago. Was looking to get some IEMs that I'd actually really like, and with those there definitely should be no impedance issue whatsoever with the AK100, even considering the 8x rule...
Don't want to double-post, so here's my conclusion at this time: "After all I've tried in the past year, really noticeably good or at least improved experiences have become increasingly rare, and I'm happy to say the Tzar 350 is one of those." If you're interested in more details, head over to the Tzar thread.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
- › Is burn in real or placebo? 1 second ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 9 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 seconds ago
- › My UE900 with box, most acessories (used some tips) for your... 10 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 12 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi-dentification! 2 minutes ago
- › Need a recommendation for the Best Closed Circumaural headphones... 3 minutes ago
- › How to prepare Piccolino wire the easy way 4 minutes ago
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe