- 3,782 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Hotlanta
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productAstell&Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable Systemtagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 3/11/14 at 4:50pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:41am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
i had these headphones from last 8 months and i am enjoying it a lot for listening classical, jazz.these headphones offer proper imaging to the vocals of the artist and music it fairly do justice...
These headphones are a great pair for home use, and use for movies, videos and ect. They deliver great sound quality, but I wouldn't consider it hi-Fi though. I listen to mostly Metal and Rock...
I was overall unimpressed with the Focal Spirit One cans. I'm hardly a connoisseur of headphones, but I was let down a bit by the sound and the manufacturer's advertising. I compared these to...
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 140post #2086 of 81631/22/13 at 9:06amDon't put it in any folder.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2087 of 81631/22/13 at 10:28am
Quote:Originally Posted by daseinpdx
I am using a windows computer. I don't know if this will be useful for you or not. There is a hidden "system" folder with ak100.sys files in addition to what looks like database files. I don't know what tuner.dat is for. Using the directory command from the command prompt option, the contents of that drive are: <snip>
Thanks for providing that. Looks actually the same as on a Mac, I discussed them (incl. System folder) in an earlier post. I was hoping there would be UNIX-style hidden folder (starting with a dot) which are hidden by default in the Finder/Explorer. Since you used the command prompt, they would have shown up though.
I have a copy of my set of folders and alas putting them back didn't help either. The AK100 just doesn't see the drive as a whole, incl. those folders...post #2088 of 81631/22/13 at 10:33am
And to be very clear: The download is a .zip file, you first need to unzip it (OS X has support built-in, just double-click on the file) then put the resulting AK100.hex file in the root folder of the INTERNAL drive, as in daseinpdx's example listing a couple of posts back.post #2089 of 81631/22/13 at 10:38ampost #2090 of 81631/22/13 at 11:27am
It's more likely a function of the browser: if it's set to automatically open files, it may forward it to the Archive Utility for extraction. So it will depend on the browser used and its security settings.post #2091 of 81631/22/13 at 1:19pmQuote:AK100 does not has LO and how do you bypass the 22 ohm impedance in the circuitry with external amp?Originally Posted by esmBOS
I'm thinking about getting an AK100 + ALO National. This would solve the impedance issue and give me ability to drive basically anything OTG. I'm on the fence about buying a RWAK100, and I would have use of the National with other gear that really need amplification. The footprint match of the AK100 and the National is basically identical and they are small units so I don't think the setup would be too bulky for portable use. What do you guys think about this? Price wise it's about the same as RWAK anyways. Appreciate your input!post #2092 of 81631/22/13 at 1:25pmpost #2093 of 81631/22/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
You REALLY need to read through the thread,...post #2094 of 81631/22/13 at 1:34pmpost #2095 of 81631/22/13 at 2:08pmpost #2096 of 81631/22/13 at 2:18pm
Quick update: iRiver finally got back to me regarding my little issue, they'll forward my email to the techs and we'll see...
Also, I finally received my Tzar 350 which I preordered quite a while ago. Was looking to get some IEMs that I'd actually really like, and with those there definitely should be no impedance issue whatsoever with the AK100, even considering the 8x rule...
Don't want to double-post, so here's my conclusion at this time: "After all I've tried in the past year, really noticeably good or at least improved experiences have become increasingly rare, and I'm happy to say the Tzar 350 is one of those." If you're interested in more details, head over to the Tzar thread.post #2097 of 81631/22/13 at 2:19pmpost #2098 of 81631/22/13 at 2:36pmpost #2099 of 81631/22/13 at 6:01pm
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 3 seconds ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 8 seconds ago
- › I'm confused about the Sennheiser Momentum On ear 11 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 54 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--first arrivals on page 19, first... 1 minute ago
- › Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :) 1 minute ago
- › Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 1 minute ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PMX60 Headphones by sagar khichi
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by Cobaltius
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones by guidfail
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude