- 3,547 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Hotlanta
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productAstell&Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable Systemtagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:12am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:41am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/13/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 140post #2086 of 77321/22/13 at 9:06amDon't put it in any folder.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2087 of 77321/22/13 at 10:28am
Quote:Originally Posted by daseinpdx
I am using a windows computer. I don't know if this will be useful for you or not. There is a hidden "system" folder with ak100.sys files in addition to what looks like database files. I don't know what tuner.dat is for. Using the directory command from the command prompt option, the contents of that drive are: <snip>
Thanks for providing that. Looks actually the same as on a Mac, I discussed them (incl. System folder) in an earlier post. I was hoping there would be UNIX-style hidden folder (starting with a dot) which are hidden by default in the Finder/Explorer. Since you used the command prompt, they would have shown up though.
I have a copy of my set of folders and alas putting them back didn't help either. The AK100 just doesn't see the drive as a whole, incl. those folders...post #2088 of 77321/22/13 at 10:33am
And to be very clear: The download is a .zip file, you first need to unzip it (OS X has support built-in, just double-click on the file) then put the resulting AK100.hex file in the root folder of the INTERNAL drive, as in daseinpdx's example listing a couple of posts back.post #2089 of 77321/22/13 at 10:38ampost #2090 of 77321/22/13 at 11:27am
It's more likely a function of the browser: if it's set to automatically open files, it may forward it to the Archive Utility for extraction. So it will depend on the browser used and its security settings.post #2091 of 77321/22/13 at 1:19pmQuote:AK100 does not has LO and how do you bypass the 22 ohm impedance in the circuitry with external amp?Originally Posted by esmBOS
I'm thinking about getting an AK100 + ALO National. This would solve the impedance issue and give me ability to drive basically anything OTG. I'm on the fence about buying a RWAK100, and I would have use of the National with other gear that really need amplification. The footprint match of the AK100 and the National is basically identical and they are small units so I don't think the setup would be too bulky for portable use. What do you guys think about this? Price wise it's about the same as RWAK anyways. Appreciate your input!post #2092 of 77321/22/13 at 1:25pmpost #2093 of 77321/22/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
You REALLY need to read through the thread,...post #2094 of 77321/22/13 at 1:34pmpost #2095 of 77321/22/13 at 2:08pmpost #2096 of 77321/22/13 at 2:18pm
Quick update: iRiver finally got back to me regarding my little issue, they'll forward my email to the techs and we'll see...
Also, I finally received my Tzar 350 which I preordered quite a while ago. Was looking to get some IEMs that I'd actually really like, and with those there definitely should be no impedance issue whatsoever with the AK100, even considering the 8x rule...
Don't want to double-post, so here's my conclusion at this time: "After all I've tried in the past year, really noticeably good or at least improved experiences have become increasingly rare, and I'm happy to say the Tzar 350 is one of those." If you're interested in more details, head over to the Tzar thread.post #2097 of 77321/22/13 at 2:19pmpost #2098 of 77321/22/13 at 2:36pmpost #2099 of 77321/22/13 at 6:01pm
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Creative Sound Blaster new série Z 28 seconds ago
- › measurements are models 41 seconds ago
- › HD800 vs HE500 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Portable Amp for DT880 600ohm 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Mango Tree Wood Cups.BLACK Fit HE-400 , HE-500 , HE-4,... 4 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Review 4 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital