Funny you should say that...someone just told me about using the airline adapter with the Heir 4Ai's...hmmm...maybe I should dig it out.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 5/3/15 at 8:36pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
I have typed up this review @audio-technica.com a few months back and I thought I should also put it here. First, I would like to apologize for my very vague description of the sound (and...
Just to be clear - this is a small portable speaker. So when I talk about bass, sound clarity and what not - keep that in mind. You can't compare it desktop speakers - No wait, you...
Sound Signature. If I were to describe this cans, the V shape would be fitting, but it is just a moderate V shape, nothing overly pronounced but not flat by any means. Bass. This is where the...
After spending some time auditioning and researching I've finally found that illusive nirvana, the perfect mix of price, design and sound for me. I wanted a DAC minus the frills. As a HD800...
I have felt compelled to attempt my first review after recently building Bottleheads premium diy headphone amplifier offering the Bottlehead Mainline. I have built a few of their kits now and...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 117
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm using it to burn in the unit, not listen to music ;). Figured I could also burn in those ear buds at the same time. So you are hoping the adapter fixes an issue you have with the 4Ai's sound?
I'll need to do more comparing and extended listening but my early thoughts are that the RWAK100 rivals the UHA-6s with OPA209 for transparency, resolution and articulation. Especially with the TG334. It's a technically superb combo.
The 8As are euphoric and musical sounding. Expansive sound stage for a BA, bass-heavy but very well controlled and deep bass. Its an integrated sound. Non-fatiguing for long listening sessions and due to its nature, its a great all-arounder with many genres of music. It excels in Rock music in particular which is a bit tricky for most IEMs to be honest.
I hope my unit continues to improve. So far it is starting to impress me but still not the best sounding DAP in my possession currently. We'll see.
youre just spoiled lee. lol coming from a clip zip, i am happy.
Who knows, maybe when you decide to sell in the future I'll be ready to pull the trigger!!! Keep me in the back of your mind,...LOL!!!
Keep me in the front
Anyone knows how this player goes with beye dt1350?, I think this is the nicest looking high grade audiophile player to grace the market currently , but I keep hearing that its extremely temperamental to what it is plugged with
No not true. The DX100 is more temperamental that it :)
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 4 seconds ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 35 seconds ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 38 seconds ago
- › FS: Decware ERR Speakers (2 Pair) 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 3 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Decware Zen Ultra Preamp 5 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by Feilong4
- › Sony SRSX3 Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Black) with... by xlordvader
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by MCouary
- › Arcam irDAC Audiophile Grade Digital to Analog Converter by cub3
- › Bottlehead Mainline by JamieMcC
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by viperxp
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone Amplifier by mark2410
- › Topping VX1 2x25W Hi-Fi Power Stereo Subwoofer Amplifier... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2