Funny you should say that...someone just told me about using the airline adapter with the Heir 4Ai's...hmmm...maybe I should dig it out.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 4/13/14 at 2:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 7/18/14 at 2:31am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
First I’d like to thank Salsera and Brainwavz for sending me a review sample of the S5. Brainwavz are a brand that I am quite familiar with. They have many IEMs that are often praised on Head-Fi...
This is a Review of FiiO E11k portable headphone amplifier. http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000060416193&MenuID=105026001, available from FiiO's US distributor MICCA Store:...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 117
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm using it to burn in the unit, not listen to music ;). Figured I could also burn in those ear buds at the same time. So you are hoping the adapter fixes an issue you have with the 4Ai's sound?
I'll need to do more comparing and extended listening but my early thoughts are that the RWAK100 rivals the UHA-6s with OPA209 for transparency, resolution and articulation. Especially with the TG334. It's a technically superb combo.
The 8As are euphoric and musical sounding. Expansive sound stage for a BA, bass-heavy but very well controlled and deep bass. Its an integrated sound. Non-fatiguing for long listening sessions and due to its nature, its a great all-arounder with many genres of music. It excels in Rock music in particular which is a bit tricky for most IEMs to be honest.
I hope my unit continues to improve. So far it is starting to impress me but still not the best sounding DAP in my possession currently. We'll see.
youre just spoiled lee. lol coming from a clip zip, i am happy.
Who knows, maybe when you decide to sell in the future I'll be ready to pull the trigger!!! Keep me in the back of your mind,...LOL!!!
Keep me in the front
Anyone knows how this player goes with beye dt1350?, I think this is the nicest looking high grade audiophile player to grace the market currently , but I keep hearing that its extremely temperamental to what it is plugged with
No not true. The DX100 is more temperamental that it :)
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here 2 seconds ago
- › Possible alternative choice to Audeze LCD 2 10 seconds ago
- › Hifiman EF-5 headphone amplifier mods and rolls 56 seconds ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 57 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 2 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 2 minutes ago
- › Losing virginity late in life 4 minutes ago
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by TheGame21x
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Klonatans
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)