Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 115

post #1711 of 8638

What is the cost of this RWA AK100?  

post #1712 of 8638

A few tips on the MP3Tags I've noticed :-

 

1) not always but if Album Artists is blank, it may classify the whole track as Unknown Album & Unknown Artists (under the Album category at least)

2) it doesn't seem to be a fan of "Compilations". It puts those tracks under an album "1". Recommend to remove the Compilations flag on the track (I found this on XLD but not on MP3tag)

3) Keep Album Artwork under 500x500 if possible, if it's too big, it won't appear

4) Some albums, I needed to place track order for it to appear in order - so far only on my SACD ripped/converted/down sampled. Possibly an isolated issue.

 

Others which I don't know if has any impact at all :-

 

1) I always genre categorise

2) I ensure only 1xalbum artwork per track. If there's a 2nd I delete

 

Edits:

10/01/13 4:00 - added (4)

post #1713 of 8638
Thanks AnakChan, good ideas I'll have to try this weekend!
post #1714 of 8638
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

Better things seem to take longer to run in. Probably because they are more revealing. So, are you using HiDeff on the RWA vs the 3rd?


Nope. Standard 16/44 which I'm gonna use 99.9 percent of the time when I'm out. Generally I feel HiDef material is much more suited to the desktop rig.

post #1715 of 8638
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

A few tips on the MP3Tags I've noticed :-

 

1) not always but if Album Artists is blank, it may classify the whole track as Unknown Album & Unknown Artists (under the Album category at least)

2) it doesn't seem to be a fan of "Compilations". It puts those tracks under an album "1". Recommend to remove the Compilations flag on the track (I found this on XLD but not on MP3tag)

3) Keep Album Artwork under 500x500 if possible, if it's too big, it won't appear

4) Some albums, I needed to place track order for it to appear in order - so far only on my SACD ripped/converted/down sampled. Possibly an isolated issue.

 

Others which I don't know if has any impact at all :-

 

1) I always genre categorise

2) I ensure only 1xalbum artwork per track. If there's a 2nd I delete

 

Edits:

10/01/13 4:00 - added (4)

 

Ahh so basically how I recommend setting mp3tags up in my guide ;). I started setting up all my tags that way in relations to the Studio V and DX100. :)

 

If you can find some coding to have Artists automatically added tot he Album Artist plane that would greatly speed that addition up. Just do your entire library in one batch and save :).


Edited by lee730 - 1/9/13 at 2:25pm
post #1716 of 8638
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNBC View Post

What is the cost of this RWA AK100?  

$895

post #1717 of 8638

Best way to batch is copy your files and them use those instead of the originals to convert. Select replace existing and this way, if you use a folder structure for artist, then albums, it will be maintained.

post #1718 of 8638

True. But I've been applying album artist tag to all my files. Plus I've deleted all comments or continue to do so if I see them :).
 

Anyways I'm trying to figure out how to get playlists working properly on my AK100. Someone posted about this but no specifics on exactly how to do it. Plus I really don't want to use that spam-ware program provided by iriver. It installed something extra that I did not know about... Does iriver only support Pls files and not m3u? This is a bizarre choice if so...


Edited by lee730 - 1/9/13 at 2:42pm
post #1719 of 8638
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Nope. Standard 16/44 which I'm gonna use 99.9 percent of the time when I'm out. Generally I feel HiDef material is much more suited to the desktop rig.

I'm the same.

post #1720 of 8638

+ 250-300usd for a 1ohm resistor?

post #1721 of 8638

Less the resistor.wink_face.gif Vinnie said the mod was difficult. 3 hrs of labor, a bit of expensive wire and a little extra for the one that dies on the operating table sound about right. If he can do it in 1 hour, it may be a bit much but who you gonna call? Ghostbusters?

post #1722 of 8638

I'm really enjoying this player though at low volume listening. Around 22 volume. 30 to 33 is my maximum pretty much. I can't imagine going much higher ;).
 

post #1723 of 8638

Thanks for the info.  Definitely subscribed to this thread.  Would definitely want the resistor for sensitive IEMs.  I guess nobody has a loaner for either version.   

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodeefex View Post

$895

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyaems View Post

+ 250-300usd for a 1ohm resistor?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

Less the resistor.wink_face.gif Vinnie said the mod was difficult. 3 hrs of labor, a bit of expensive wire and a little extra for the one that dies on the operating table sound about right. If he can do it in 1 hour, it may be a bit much but who you gonna call? Ghostbusters?

post #1724 of 8638
What would happen to my 8.A if I just plug it into a normal AK100? Fireworks?
post #1725 of 8638

uh...no firezwok...i thunk u wud here noizes wen u hit ur playz...?!?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP