Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 93

post #1381 of 8591

There is no such thing as iPod migration. iTune and Apple players are a closed ecosystem and moving to a different brand is usually a pain in the a**e. I won't get caught again. mad.gif

post #1382 of 8591
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post

There is no such thing as iPod migration. iTune and Apple players are a closed ecosystem and moving to a different brand is usually a pain in the a**e. I won't get caught again. mad.gif

Actually, I can sync my iPod with MediaMonkey, J.River, Songbird, and quite a few other programs. And these programs can easily convert your files during transfer to the codec of your choice. I believe even Foobar2000 will do this as well (but I'm not 100% sure on this one). 

 

There no longer is the dreaded "Apple lock-in" to contend with. Try new toys & ENJOY my friend!!!

post #1383 of 8591
Quote:
Originally Posted by tds101 View Post

Actually, I can sync my iPod with MediaMonkey, J.River, Songbird, and quite a few other programs. And these programs can easily convert your files during transfer to the codec of your choice. I believe even Foobar2000 will do this as well (but I'm not 100% sure on this one). 

There no longer is the dreaded "Apple lock-in" to contend with. Try new toys & ENJOY my friend!!!

I agree. There aren't any problems syncing any i-device any longer. I like the idea off a more interactive interface than my iModded 128gb cf card player...but again..as the guys here said...if the SQ is about the same...I'd be pissed. However there's still the huge draw of not carrying around a brick (DAP + amp)...
post #1384 of 8591

Well its good to hear more players are starting to support ipods in general. But upgrades in apple software can swiftly put an end to that so keep that in mind. It is what ruined it for me some time ago on Media Monkey. I still haven't gone back to putting music on my iphone4 yet. It's still quite empty lol.
 

post #1385 of 8591

I was an android enthusiast since the beginning...rooting every single device I could get my paws on...then my Galaxy Nexus destroyed 32GB of music...I was pissed and went with a Touch...and it worked flawlessly...then I found out you can rip open and RWA can do an iMod to a Video...and I was like...AWESOME! Better SQ! Then I got rid of the hard drive and went to a 128GB CF card and rockbox...it's pretty flawless...except you have to have an amp attached like a conjoined twin. I'd very much like to lower the footprint of my portable rig. I was just reading in the Tera Player thread that converting the 320kbps mp3's to anything else will make them sound worse on any of these devices...is that true?

 

Do any of you guys have any experience with that?

post #1386 of 8591

Converting form Lossy to Lossless won't get you better quality. Lossy is Lossy and you can't get back the info lost from conversion from Lossless to Lossy. I say not worth using mp3s generally unless space is your up-most concern or you can't obtain the tracks in Lossless. I rather have better sound quality and I get that from Lossless. Heck I'd be using WAV if the space was available because even I feel that sounds slightly better than FLAC. But until space goes up and is cheaper I won't even consider it. I use cPlay for that very reason and I still feel it is the best sounding player on the PC. I put it to VHQ, Phase 20, bandwidth 95.
 

post #1387 of 8591
At the office I need to use a " non leaking " closed type headphone. So, which High-quality "non leaking " headphone do you recommend with My ( Very Soon ) coming RWAK 100 ? Has someone tried with a AK100 an Ultrastone Edition 8. Or Ultrastone Signature PRO ?

Tanks in avance
post #1388 of 8591
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

At the office I need to use a " non leaking " closed type headphone. So, which High-quality "non leaking " headphone do you recommend with My ( Very Soon ) coming RWAK 100 ? Has someone tried with a AK100 an Ultrastone Edition 8. Or Ultrastone Signature PRO ?
Tanks in avance

 

The Ultrasone 8 is worth it for the bling in that it's basically IMO an uber-Beats for those with taste. Not for the sound (or, in my cranius titanicus case apparently, the isolation). I've been looking at the Signature, but after a number of Ultrasones I think I'm more suspicious that it'll be more of the same (i.e. branding uber sonics at the high end). I'd rather go with a decent multi-driver BA IEM... assuming the AK100 can drive them OK. Of course you'd have to forego the bling...

post #1389 of 8591
;-) I'm defitively not a " bling Guy "...
post #1390 of 8591
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

At the office I need to use a " non leaking " closed type headphone. So, which High-quality "non leaking " headphone do you recommend with My ( Very Soon ) coming RWAK 100 ? Has someone tried with a AK100 an Ultrastone Edition 8. Or Ultrastone Signature PRO ?
Tanks in avance

What kinda music?

post #1391 of 8591
Our best set up with AK 100 as transport drive LCD 2 rev 3



post #1392 of 8591

Holy Christ bro! That's "portable"? LOL

post #1393 of 8591

^^ my beat up $50 hp-120 would do the same thing...not nearly as purty though....

post #1394 of 8591
Quote:
Originally Posted by icefalkon View Post

Holy Christ bro! That's "portable"? LOL

I bet it would be popular with airport security! ksc75smile.gif

post #1395 of 8591
Quote:
Originally Posted by icefalkon View Post

Holy Christ bro! That's "portable"? LOL

TRANS-portable xD

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP