Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 92

post #1366 of 8797
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrumpyOldMan View Post

Quote:

Yes, several people including me. No problem so far.

 

So 160GB flash player is a reality :)

post #1367 of 8797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post

 

So 160GB flash player is a reality :)

 

 

 

Jump to 3min

post #1368 of 8797
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamakazam View Post

 

 

 

Jump to 3min

Cool. I checked the specs and it seems interesting. With a lot of space, MicroUSB for no additional cables, small size it looks great. Would like to see more positive reviews and a fix from AK to make it more low-impedance-friendly and it might be a good idea to upgrade my current A867.

post #1369 of 8797
Quote:
Originally Posted by icefalkon 
Although I would like to single one member out in particular because of their rudeness and condescending attitude to most if not all contrary views without a thread of experience with the AK100, ( What? You don't like that I spoke my MIND about a unit that generated 70 pages of fluff at the time? When was I condescending to ANYONE but the individual I was posting TO? Get over yourself already! )
Actually, I wasn't referring to you there, but understand the reason you thought so. Sorry if I offended you.

Anyway, the points made since my post may result that from here on critiques of this device will be based on members' actual observations with it rather than the speculation which dominated the thread to this point.
post #1370 of 8797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpfe8851 View Post


Actually, I wasn't referring to you there, but understand the reason you thought so. Sorry if I offended you.
Anyway, the points made since my post may result that from here on critiques of this device will be based on members' actual observations with it rather than the speculation which dominated the thread to this point.

Ha! No harm no foul bro!

 

Look...lol...we're all humans here...F'd up humans with silly retarded sides to our personalities. It's just words on here. If we all could actually TALK...we'd either hate each other or get along really well. It's a new year. There's no reason to get upset over a damn music player. I mean...it's still just a music player right? It hasn't grown lips and put on lipstick...cause...for a thousand bucks...you know what it should be able to do right? 

 

;)

 

LOL

post #1371 of 8797

well, i heard at the shop with an amperior.

couldnt say how good they were, but was surprised to find them so much more than a regular iriver.

seems promising tho.

 

living in korea i can bag a new one for less than the usa so might look into one.

a bit disappointing to know that w4 sounds great with them. just sold mine last week


Edited by ss2625 - 1/2/13 at 6:52am
post #1372 of 8797

Today is a day of presents...the old school and the new portable. RWAK100 delivered, and received a Victor QL-5 from my father in-law :-

 

 

1000

post #1373 of 8797

beautiful picture

post #1374 of 8797

I agree with caracara...that's a great pic bro.

post #1375 of 8797
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Today is a day of presents...the old school and the new portable. RWAK100 delivered, and received a Victor QL-5 from my father in-law :-


1000

Hi Sean

Please share your impression between AK 100 vs RWA AK 100

Is the sound quality from RWA AK 100 has a lot of improvement in detail, clarity

Transparency. And has better power as well .?

Please advise

Thank you
post #1376 of 8797

post #1377 of 8797
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post


Hi Sean
Please share your impression between AK 100 vs RWA AK 100
Is the sound quality from RWA AK 100 has a lot of improvement in detail, clarity
Transparency. And has better power as well .?
Please advise
Thank you

 

Sure I can the next time I hit the shops. But I'd probably want to give the RWAK100 a 48 hr burn-in at least. And I don't know how well burnt in the shop's AK100 will be.

 

Actually, Doesn't VisceriousZERO have the AK100 and RWAK100 coming? That may be a more controlled test. Anyhow if he can't do this, I'll see if I can make some time to do so but it won't be anytime soon due to burn-in, etc.

post #1378 of 8797
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Sure I can the next time I hit the shops. But I'd probably want to give the RWAK100 a 48 hr burn-in at least. And I don't know how well burnt in the shop's AK100 will be.

Actually, Doesn't VisceriousZERO have the AK100 and RWAK100 coming? That may be a more controlled test. Anyhow if he can't do this, I'll see if I can make some time to do so but it won't be anytime soon due to burn-in, etc.

Once my RWAK100 hits I'll be able to give my impressions smily_headphones1.gif Vinnie told me that it'll take another week for mine since he ran out of stock of the first batch smily_headphones1.gif

I look forward to thine impressions still xD

EDIT:
Spoke too soon, just got an email from Vinnie, my RWAK100 arrives today.

You rock, dude!
Edited by VisceriousZERO - 1/2/13 at 10:41am
post #1379 of 8797
Waiting also for my RWAK100... It's shipped already, so I Hope to have it before end of the week.

in the mean time, I am still trying to get an answer to my "migration" concern: Since I am migrating from iPOD I have 2 "Usability" question :

- I have today 3000 music files well organized under iTune in several play lists, with some file being present in several playlists. This has been a lot of work... So; is there a way to transfer my iTune library, WITH THE COMPLETE SOPHISTICATED "PLAYLIST STRUCTURE", to the RWAK100. This will save me 100's hours of selection work.

- As I said, under iTune, the same music files can be present in several different playlist ( slow music, best off, 80's....). If I do the same with the RWAK100, will the file be present only once on the mass storage or several times ? In other world, if a 20 Mo music file is present in 3 different playlists, will it take 20 Mo or 60 Mo (3 times) of the precious limited storage space ?

thanks in advance
post #1380 of 8797

I had Vinnie add me to the people interested in the group buy.  If that doesnt work out, ill probably just get a used DX100. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP