Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 77

post #1141 of 8677

Yep it is definitely portable....

post #1142 of 8677
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

My friend AK 100 best combo rig
Source : high end dap Astell & Kern AK 100 as transport
Dac : Ibasso DB 1
Amp : alo Rx 3 B
Headphone : LCD 2 rev 1
Cable :
AK 100 > Ibasso DB 1 use optical cable
Ibassp Db1 > alo Rx 3 B use hiroshe to RSA balance DIY Norse 2
LCD 2 rev 1 to alo Rx 3 G use Norse 2 with RSA balance connector
Looks great,...but the ak100 is supposed to be a standalone device. You shouldn't need the extras,...only your iem's and the player.
post #1143 of 8677
Quote:
Originally Posted by tds101 View Post


Looks great,...but the ak100 is supposed to be a standalone device. You shouldn't need the extras,...only your iem's and the player.

Come on now....you're trying to bring common sense into it? There's no place for that stuff here! biggrin.gif

post #1144 of 8677

You know it! ;)
 

post #1145 of 8677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

Come on now....you're trying to bring common sense into it? There's no place for that stuff here! biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

You know it! wink.gif

 

Damn you BOTH for being RIGHT!!! Head-Fi makes you go gear cRazY!!! biggrin.gif
post #1146 of 8677
Quote:
Originally Posted by tds101 View Post


Damn you BOTH for being RIGHT!!! Head-Fi makes you go gear cRazY!!! biggrin.gif


Hey think of it this way. I've taken my DX100/T1 combo with my 1Plus2s shopping at costco. Holding the rig as I push the cart! ;). I was unshaven that day. People probably thought I was some terrorist with hearing aids ;).


Edited by lee730 - 12/23/12 at 5:26am
post #1147 of 8677
Sigh,...if only the dx100 had better battery life.
post #1148 of 8677
Quote:
Originally Posted by tds101 View Post

Sigh,...if only the dx100 had better battery life.


Yep. But since it charges so fast I don't really mind. I generally don't have power sessions longer than its battery will last. It takes a little over 2 hours to fully charge so really fast for a battery of its size. The Sflo2 and Hifiman 601 took 6 to 7 hours to fully charge and I think their battery capacity is even less but around the same amount of battery life.

post #1149 of 8677
My personal reasoning is if the player gets less runtime than the clipzip I own I'll pass. I don't use the clipzip because of that reason,... Well, I also find the sq to be boring,...and I personally prefer to NOT use Rockbox.
post #1150 of 8677
Quote:
Originally Posted by tds101 View Post

My personal reasoning is if the player gets less runtime than the clipzip I own I'll pass. I don't use the clipzip because of that reason,... Well, I also find the sq to be boring,...and I personally prefer to NOT use Rockbox.


That is why I also have a player that crushes every other player in the battery life area to sound quality ratio (Studio V 3rd ANV). So in the end I ain't missing anything :).

post #1151 of 8677
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Hey think of it this way. I've taken my DX100/T1 combo with my 1Plus2s shopping at costco. Holding the rig as I push the cart! ;). I was unshaven that day. People probably thought I was some terrorist with hearing aids ;).

That's mainly what I use my Clip Zips for nowadays....at work, and when I am out shopping (or walking when it isn't freezing out).

Around the house, I'm always using my rockboxed Mini or 5.5G iPods with amp and bigger headphones....but if I'm not home and something happens to one of the Clips, no biggie......they're durable and cheap enough to easily replace if necessary. But a DX100? No way I'd walk through a grocery store with that....lol. I'd be too worried about something happening.....

 

 

700 very_evil_smiley.gif


Edited by Achmedisdead - 12/23/12 at 5:55am
post #1152 of 8677

I haven't been able to find out a lot of info on the UI of the AK100, from what I've read about the iBasso, I think I'd rather use that device since I'm already using Android on my phone.

 

Is there any info on the AK100 UI?  It may be that the RWAK100 does turn out to be the best choice.

post #1153 of 8677

lol I'm not worried about it. It stays on me and I was listening to music the entire time. Hell I'm a very mellow person but if you put me in a bad situation (trying to take my stuff) beware. I become extremely dangerous when put in those types of situations. Pretty much I'm not worried about self defense (something I call second nature :P) if you are talking about that.
 


Edited by lee730 - 12/23/12 at 5:59am
post #1154 of 8677
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Hey think of it this way. I've taken my DX100/T1 combo with my 1Plus2s shopping at costco. Holding the rig as I push the cart! ;). I was unshaven that day. People probably thought I was some terrorist with hearing aids ;).

 

 

whatcha talkin bout

post #1155 of 8677
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

lol I'm not worried about it. It stays on me and I was listening to music the entire time. Hell I'm a very mellow person but if you put me in a bad situation (trying to take my stuff) beware. I become extremely dangerous when put in those types of situations. Pretty much I'm not worried about self defense if you are talking about that.
 

Well, not just that, but also the drop factor....I'm assuming you have a case of some sort for it?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP