Yep it is definitely portable....
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productAstell&Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable Systemtagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 1/23/14 at 8:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:41am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 77
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1142 of 808812/23/12 at 5:10amQuote:Looks great,...but the ak100 is supposed to be a standalone device. You shouldn't need the extras,...only your iem's and the player.Originally Posted by rudi0504
My friend AK 100 best combo rig
Source : high end dap Astell & Kern AK 100 as transport
Dac : Ibasso DB 1
Amp : alo Rx 3 B
Headphone : LCD 2 rev 1
AK 100 > Ibasso DB 1 use optical cable
Ibassp Db1 > alo Rx 3 B use hiroshe to RSA balance DIY Norse 2
LCD 2 rev 1 to alo Rx 3 G use Norse 2 with RSA balance connectorpost #1143 of 808812/23/12 at 5:15amQuote:
Come on now....you're trying to bring common sense into it? There's no place for that stuff here!post #1144 of 808812/23/12 at 5:18ampost #1145 of 808812/23/12 at 5:23amQuote:
Damn you BOTH for being RIGHT!!! Head-Fi makes you go gear cRazY!!!post #1146 of 808812/23/12 at 5:25amQuote:
Hey think of it this way. I've taken my DX100/T1 combo with my 1Plus2s shopping at costco. Holding the rig as I push the cart! ;). I was unshaven that day. People probably thought I was some terrorist with hearing aids ;).
Edited by lee730 - 12/23/12 at 5:26ampost #1147 of 808812/23/12 at 5:28ampost #1148 of 808812/23/12 at 5:39am
Yep. But since it charges so fast I don't really mind. I generally don't have power sessions longer than its battery will last. It takes a little over 2 hours to fully charge so really fast for a battery of its size. The Sflo2 and Hifiman 601 took 6 to 7 hours to fully charge and I think their battery capacity is even less but around the same amount of battery life.post #1149 of 808812/23/12 at 5:45amMy personal reasoning is if the player gets less runtime than the clipzip I own I'll pass. I don't use the clipzip because of that reason,... Well, I also find the sq to be boring,...and I personally prefer to NOT use Rockbox.post #1150 of 808812/23/12 at 5:51amQuote:
That is why I also have a player that crushes every other player in the battery life area to sound quality ratio (Studio V 3rd ANV). So in the end I ain't missing anything :).post #1151 of 808812/23/12 at 5:53amQuote:
That's mainly what I use my Clip Zips for nowadays....at work, and when I am out shopping (or walking when it isn't freezing out).
Around the house, I'm always using my rockboxed Mini or 5.5G iPods with amp and bigger headphones....but if I'm not home and something happens to one of the Clips, no biggie......they're durable and cheap enough to easily replace if necessary. But a DX100? No way I'd walk through a grocery store with that....lol. I'd be too worried about something happening.....
Edited by Achmedisdead - 12/23/12 at 5:55ampost #1152 of 808812/23/12 at 5:55am
I haven't been able to find out a lot of info on the UI of the AK100, from what I've read about the iBasso, I think I'd rather use that device since I'm already using Android on my phone.
Is there any info on the AK100 UI? It may be that the RWAK100 does turn out to be the best choice.post #1153 of 808812/23/12 at 5:57am
lol I'm not worried about it. It stays on me and I was listening to music the entire time. Hell I'm a very mellow person but if you put me in a bad situation (trying to take my stuff) beware. I become extremely dangerous when put in those types of situations. Pretty much I'm not worried about self defense (something I call second nature :P) if you are talking about that.
Edited by lee730 - 12/23/12 at 5:59ampost #1154 of 808812/23/12 at 5:59amQuote:post #1155 of 808812/23/12 at 6:00amQuote:Originally Posted by lee730
lol I'm not worried about it. It stays on me and I was listening to music the entire time. Hell I'm a very mellow person but if you put me in a bad situation (trying to take my stuff) beware. I become extremely dangerous when put in those types of situations. Pretty much I'm not worried about self defense if you are talking about that.
Well, not just that, but also the drop factor....I'm assuming you have a case of some sort for it?
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 1 minute ago
- › Two new HifiMan players announced: HM700 and HM802 3 minutes ago
- › Thanks from a lurker, but in need of a new portable media player 3 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 6 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 6 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › ath-m50, dt-1350, what's next? 7 minutes ago
- › Taking Koss Portapro to the Limit (cool mods). 7 minutes ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 7 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 8 minutes ago
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude