Yep it is definitely portable....
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on Yesterday at 5:30 am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 77
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My friend AK 100 best combo rig
Source : high end dap Astell & Kern AK 100 as transport
Dac : Ibasso DB 1
Amp : alo Rx 3 B
Headphone : LCD 2 rev 1
AK 100 > Ibasso DB 1 use optical cable
Ibassp Db1 > alo Rx 3 B use hiroshe to RSA balance DIY Norse 2
LCD 2 rev 1 to alo Rx 3 G use Norse 2 with RSA balance connector
Come on now....you're trying to bring common sense into it? There's no place for that stuff here!
Damn you BOTH for being RIGHT!!! Head-Fi makes you go gear cRazY!!!
Hey think of it this way. I've taken my DX100/T1 combo with my 1Plus2s shopping at costco. Holding the rig as I push the cart! ;). I was unshaven that day. People probably thought I was some terrorist with hearing aids ;).
Edited by lee730 - 12/23/12 at 5:26am
Yep. But since it charges so fast I don't really mind. I generally don't have power sessions longer than its battery will last. It takes a little over 2 hours to fully charge so really fast for a battery of its size. The Sflo2 and Hifiman 601 took 6 to 7 hours to fully charge and I think their battery capacity is even less but around the same amount of battery life.
That is why I also have a player that crushes every other player in the battery life area to sound quality ratio (Studio V 3rd ANV). So in the end I ain't missing anything :).
That's mainly what I use my Clip Zips for nowadays....at work, and when I am out shopping (or walking when it isn't freezing out).
Around the house, I'm always using my rockboxed Mini or 5.5G iPods with amp and bigger headphones....but if I'm not home and something happens to one of the Clips, no biggie......they're durable and cheap enough to easily replace if necessary. But a DX100? No way I'd walk through a grocery store with that....lol. I'd be too worried about something happening.....
Edited by Achmedisdead - 12/23/12 at 5:55am
I haven't been able to find out a lot of info on the UI of the AK100, from what I've read about the iBasso, I think I'd rather use that device since I'm already using Android on my phone.
Is there any info on the AK100 UI? It may be that the RWAK100 does turn out to be the best choice.
lol I'm not worried about it. It stays on me and I was listening to music the entire time. Hell I'm a very mellow person but if you put me in a bad situation (trying to take my stuff) beware. I become extremely dangerous when put in those types of situations. Pretty much I'm not worried about self defense (something I call second nature :P) if you are talking about that.
Edited by lee730 - 12/23/12 at 5:59am
lol I'm not worried about it. It stays on me and I was listening to music the entire time. Hell I'm a very mellow person but if you put me in a bad situation (trying to take my stuff) beware. I become extremely dangerous when put in those types of situations. Pretty much I'm not worried about self defense if you are talking about that.
Well, not just that, but also the drop factor....I'm assuming you have a case of some sort for it?
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 47 seconds ago
- › TH900 rattle in the right channel. 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 1 minute ago
- › Just got my ODAC and meh... 2 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 4 minutes ago
- › all reviews on Burson Audio gear are gone? 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3