Yep it is definitely portable....
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 5/3/15 at 8:36pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
I am an amateur recording engineer that mainly uses a laptop pc on location with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The bus power is no doubt as noisy as a baby with a full diaper that's up way past...
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 77
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My friend AK 100 best combo rig
Source : high end dap Astell & Kern AK 100 as transport
Dac : Ibasso DB 1
Amp : alo Rx 3 B
Headphone : LCD 2 rev 1
AK 100 > Ibasso DB 1 use optical cable
Ibassp Db1 > alo Rx 3 B use hiroshe to RSA balance DIY Norse 2
LCD 2 rev 1 to alo Rx 3 G use Norse 2 with RSA balance connector
Come on now....you're trying to bring common sense into it? There's no place for that stuff here!
Damn you BOTH for being RIGHT!!! Head-Fi makes you go gear cRazY!!!
Hey think of it this way. I've taken my DX100/T1 combo with my 1Plus2s shopping at costco. Holding the rig as I push the cart! ;). I was unshaven that day. People probably thought I was some terrorist with hearing aids ;).
Edited by lee730 - 12/23/12 at 5:26am
Yep. But since it charges so fast I don't really mind. I generally don't have power sessions longer than its battery will last. It takes a little over 2 hours to fully charge so really fast for a battery of its size. The Sflo2 and Hifiman 601 took 6 to 7 hours to fully charge and I think their battery capacity is even less but around the same amount of battery life.
That is why I also have a player that crushes every other player in the battery life area to sound quality ratio (Studio V 3rd ANV). So in the end I ain't missing anything :).
That's mainly what I use my Clip Zips for nowadays....at work, and when I am out shopping (or walking when it isn't freezing out).
Around the house, I'm always using my rockboxed Mini or 5.5G iPods with amp and bigger headphones....but if I'm not home and something happens to one of the Clips, no biggie......they're durable and cheap enough to easily replace if necessary. But a DX100? No way I'd walk through a grocery store with that....lol. I'd be too worried about something happening.....
Edited by Achmedisdead - 12/23/12 at 5:55am
I haven't been able to find out a lot of info on the UI of the AK100, from what I've read about the iBasso, I think I'd rather use that device since I'm already using Android on my phone.
Is there any info on the AK100 UI? It may be that the RWAK100 does turn out to be the best choice.
lol I'm not worried about it. It stays on me and I was listening to music the entire time. Hell I'm a very mellow person but if you put me in a bad situation (trying to take my stuff) beware. I become extremely dangerous when put in those types of situations. Pretty much I'm not worried about self defense (something I call second nature :P) if you are talking about that.
Edited by lee730 - 12/23/12 at 5:59am
lol I'm not worried about it. It stays on me and I was listening to music the entire time. Hell I'm a very mellow person but if you put me in a bad situation (trying to take my stuff) beware. I become extremely dangerous when put in those types of situations. Pretty much I'm not worried about self defense if you are talking about that.
Well, not just that, but also the drop factor....I'm assuming you have a case of some sort for it?
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 26 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 34 seconds ago
- › Vape-Fi 41 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › LG G4 as a portable source (2015 model not G3)? 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 4 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 5 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)