Yep it is definitely portable....
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productAstell&Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable Systemtagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/11/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/11/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 11/30/13 at 12:00pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:41am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 11/26/13 at 10:46am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: Yesterday
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 77
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1142 of 766112/23/12 at 5:10amQuote:Looks great,...but the ak100 is supposed to be a standalone device. You shouldn't need the extras,...only your iem's and the player.Originally Posted by rudi0504
My friend AK 100 best combo rig
Source : high end dap Astell & Kern AK 100 as transport
Dac : Ibasso DB 1
Amp : alo Rx 3 B
Headphone : LCD 2 rev 1
AK 100 > Ibasso DB 1 use optical cable
Ibassp Db1 > alo Rx 3 B use hiroshe to RSA balance DIY Norse 2
LCD 2 rev 1 to alo Rx 3 G use Norse 2 with RSA balance connectorpost #1143 of 766112/23/12 at 5:15amQuote:
Come on now....you're trying to bring common sense into it? There's no place for that stuff here!post #1144 of 766112/23/12 at 5:18ampost #1145 of 766112/23/12 at 5:23amQuote:
Damn you BOTH for being RIGHT!!! Head-Fi makes you go gear cRazY!!!post #1146 of 766112/23/12 at 5:25amQuote:
Hey think of it this way. I've taken my DX100/T1 combo with my 1Plus2s shopping at costco. Holding the rig as I push the cart! ;). I was unshaven that day. People probably thought I was some terrorist with hearing aids ;).
Edited by lee730 - 12/23/12 at 5:26ampost #1147 of 766112/23/12 at 5:28ampost #1148 of 766112/23/12 at 5:39am
Yep. But since it charges so fast I don't really mind. I generally don't have power sessions longer than its battery will last. It takes a little over 2 hours to fully charge so really fast for a battery of its size. The Sflo2 and Hifiman 601 took 6 to 7 hours to fully charge and I think their battery capacity is even less but around the same amount of battery life.post #1149 of 766112/23/12 at 5:45amMy personal reasoning is if the player gets less runtime than the clipzip I own I'll pass. I don't use the clipzip because of that reason,... Well, I also find the sq to be boring,...and I personally prefer to NOT use Rockbox.post #1150 of 766112/23/12 at 5:51amQuote:
That is why I also have a player that crushes every other player in the battery life area to sound quality ratio (Studio V 3rd ANV). So in the end I ain't missing anything :).post #1151 of 766112/23/12 at 5:53amQuote:
That's mainly what I use my Clip Zips for nowadays....at work, and when I am out shopping (or walking when it isn't freezing out).
Around the house, I'm always using my rockboxed Mini or 5.5G iPods with amp and bigger headphones....but if I'm not home and something happens to one of the Clips, no biggie......they're durable and cheap enough to easily replace if necessary. But a DX100? No way I'd walk through a grocery store with that....lol. I'd be too worried about something happening.....
Edited by Achmedisdead - 12/23/12 at 5:55ampost #1152 of 766112/23/12 at 5:55am
I haven't been able to find out a lot of info on the UI of the AK100, from what I've read about the iBasso, I think I'd rather use that device since I'm already using Android on my phone.
Is there any info on the AK100 UI? It may be that the RWAK100 does turn out to be the best choice.post #1153 of 766112/23/12 at 5:57am
lol I'm not worried about it. It stays on me and I was listening to music the entire time. Hell I'm a very mellow person but if you put me in a bad situation (trying to take my stuff) beware. I become extremely dangerous when put in those types of situations. Pretty much I'm not worried about self defense (something I call second nature :P) if you are talking about that.
Edited by lee730 - 12/23/12 at 5:59ampost #1154 of 766112/23/12 at 5:59amQuote:post #1155 of 766112/23/12 at 6:00amQuote:Originally Posted by lee730
lol I'm not worried about it. It stays on me and I was listening to music the entire time. Hell I'm a very mellow person but if you put me in a bad situation (trying to take my stuff) beware. I become extremely dangerous when put in those types of situations. Pretty much I'm not worried about self defense if you are talking about that.
Well, not just that, but also the drop factor....I'm assuming you have a case of some sort for it?
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › $43 fake Beats Studios 29 seconds ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 2 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 10 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 10 minutes ago
- › Superlux Express Train 12 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 13 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi