Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread - Page 67

post #991 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Depends what genre I'm listening too, my mood, how much of CK4's potency I can take in a single session with H-100. I'd say 65% of my time is with C3 the rest with CK4+, mainly because CK4 is just so strong in mid range areas, whereas C3 has that timbre I love and is balanced. The Cowon S9 just sits there really after hearing the Colorflys, you really understand how mainstream the Cowons sound, especially when they sound lazy at higher volumes. The S9 has great bass response but there's more to it than a low end, that's where the Colorfly's come in and take over.
This

With this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4VK9_CfOLQ
This

With this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCtSa0exAH0

Oh right, thanks. Is the bass response on the S9 a lot better than the C3? And is the C3 fragile? Looks like it can crack if I accidentally drop it.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #992 of 1259
C3 has lesser quantity better quality bass (don't worry you'll be fine) Stop freaking out about the bass. tongue_smile.gif

C3 is surrounded by a metal chassis and fairly heavy for it's size, We ain't talking about no plastic casing here, even the front touch panel appear solid. The build is admirable. smile.gif Heavier than the S9, you'll know what I mean when you remove it from the cool box it comes in.

S9 = 90grams

C3 = 109grams.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 12/11/12 at 2:40am
post #993 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I purchased through Merock, mine took about 12 days. He's only saying 20 days t cover himself. I could be wrong though leaning towards you will have it by the 21st.

 

Where is this Merock? - I bought mine through this HK ebay seller bigbargainonline, dispatched within 2 hours after purchase which was impressive, and it has been a week so hopefully I can get mine sometimes this week or maybe next week?

post #994 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

C3 has lesser quantity better quality bass (don't worry you'll be fine) Stop freaking out about the bass. tongue_smile.gif
C3 is surrounded by a metal chassis and fairly heavy for it's size, We ain't talking about no plastic casing here, even the front touch panel appear solid. The build is admirable. smile.gif Heavier than the S9, you'll know what I mean when you remove it from the cool box it comes in.
S9 = 90grams
C3 = 109grams.

 

Speaking of Cowon, is it worth buying the X7 do you reckon mate?

I'd love to have another HDD based player, as you know SQ of ipod classic is not that flash

post #995 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

Where is this Merock? - I bought mine through this HK ebay seller bigbargainonline, dispatched within 2 hours after purchase which was impressive, and it has been a week so hopefully I can get mine sometimes this week or maybe next week?

Here's Merock, but don't worry, bigbargainonline are just as reliable. Both are solid sellers, I bought my CK4+ from bigbargainonline. which arrived in 10 days to Straya! wink.gif As yourself they had it shipped within 2 hours of purchasing. Fingers crossed by Friday? But let's see with the postage. I remember thinking that was quick!

Merock

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221128029338?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

Speaking of Cowon, is it worth buying the X7 do you reckon mate?
I'd love to have another HDD based player, as you know SQ of ipod classic is not that flash

I don't think so, not until you hear the C3, you may very well change your mind completely.

I haven' heard X7 but I've owned a few Cowons, C2, D2+, S9. I rate them higher then ipod SQ, especially if you're keen on taking advantage of BBE, Mach3bass / battery life. Great watching a battery bar not move from full charge for three days. I mean... this is only opinion because I've heard them and kind of moved on I'd like to think, I feel they're still in the mainstream, right on border edge of moving away from mainstream and a little pricey unless you source them cheaply. But far above what an ipod offers IMO and they do sound great, especially the higher models.


I was just listening to Holly Brook (Skylar Grey) actually with my C3 ./ H-100 combo. So relaxing. Wait until you hear the separation on this combo. wink.gif
Edited by H20Fidelity - 12/11/12 at 3:22am
post #996 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlooienuker View Post

Well you are in Straya? Hmm, its been about 12 days now and it has yet to come. I will post impressions as I get it. Might not use that adapter as the C3 may not be loud enough. 

 

You are right in thinking the C3 will not be loud enough with the adaptor. 

post #997 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post


x 2

 

 x 3

 

Great combination.

post #998 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Here's Merock, but don't worry, bigbargainonline are just as reliable. Both are solid sellers, I bought my CK4+ from bigbargainonline. which arrived in 10 days to Straya! wink.gif As yourself they had it shipped within 2 hours of purchasing. Fingers crossed by Friday? But let's see with the postage. I remember thinking that was quick!
 

 

Righto...fingers crossed lets hope I can get it this week, I am going away this weekend so it would be good if I can take it away with me :)

 

So anyway, I have just received my adaptor, I didn't buy them from the same place that yous bought from, but anyway, first impression...

 

HOLY CRAP!!

 

OK so it kinda tames the bass a little, though it also tames the treble spark (which is good), and also, most importantly, it gets rid of the 'hollowness', though the mid is still a little recessed.

the downside is that, even it does improve the sound by quite a considerable margin, I have to use an amp with it (E11) because using it direct off iDevices, even if I turn up the volume to max, it is comparable roughly to 40%-50% volume without the adapter...

post #999 of 1259

Want to give a big thanks to the forum contributors on this thread, especially to H20Fidelity.  Over time, I've read the entire thread and everyone's thorough descriptions and opinions have been very insightful & helpful.  Thank You "H20Fidelity" & "nick n" for your personal helpfulness.  Apologize for the lack of contact recently due to serious family issues.

 

Have decided to take an educated plunge and purchase both the H-100 (awaiting response back from shinwoo) and the Colorfly C3 8GB (bigbargainsonline).

 

I'm a speaker/headphone person and I'm very much looking forward to my 1st experience with an IEM.  My lone DAP is a Cowon D2+ I purchased a couple of years back adapting to this mobile world we live in.  Don't know if an IEM will be to my liking but I'm very much looking forward to determining this for myself.

 

Thank you all for your contributions and assistance!


Edited by bcallen - 12/11/12 at 3:13pm
post #1000 of 1259
I bought zach915's H 100's. Been tip fiddling with them. I like foams or silicone w foam inserts. My favourite on my TF 10's was those cheap Chinese blue foam kiwis from ebay. They fit the H 100's but detract from the bass. Stock yellow centered yellow foam in silicone much better but a bit too bright. vmoda bliss oval with half cut complys inserted round the post are very good. But still a touch bright on some things. Kiwis warm...touch to lossey on details and air but great upper bass midrange balance...but I give up some air, soundstage and low bass impact. Got some smaller kiwis coming . I hate having to spend for complys. I got some freebies with my TF 10's but have used them up. Am now using a half comply half kiwi sandwich mounted on a stock silicone post I cut out. Its sounds better in either direction than the others...but I'm still playing with it. I guess I will.order some comply T 500's. At this point I can tell you that these clobber the Tf 10. But you have to go deep ear full insertion. These are neutral, slightly cool...can be bright with some music but they resolve detail ans texture. They play louder and are more dynamic. The tf 10 sounds bloated in the midbass and does not extend as low. I have some good drum stuff and there is magic. Speed...impact...extension and slam...but no bloat. On def leopard I set two eq points. 30hz with a 6db slope and 200 with a 9 db slope. Bump it up 1.5db and .75db respectvely. That gives a nice extra upper midbass kick if I want. That was the only thing I missed from my UE's. With a little EQ...wow! I'm comparing with my upgraded cable Tf 10's. Stock it's not worth bothering.
Midrange is another world...Tf 10 much more recessed and thinner. The cable upgrade helped a lot but this is much better and it completely blends from upper bass through lower midrange. This allows instruments to sound integrated with under and overtones tied to a resonant body. Voices...oh my gosh. And it creates air and space around them and a sense of size. If this is an 8.5 to 9, I say that because I used to own a very good high end audio system, then the UE is at best a 7 and stock maybe 6. On Klipsch S4's a 3.5. Midrange is forward compared to the 10 but they are too rcessed. But you can hear behind the singer in a good recording. Listen to some Renaissance plainchant in a church....goosebumples. Harps, guitars, and violins bloom in away that approaches Grado Headphones, used to own ref One. around 6k there can be some briteness...but unlike tf 10...it isn't as obvious. Brighter recordings will light the T peos up a bit too much but on good recordings it comes off as accurate ans resolving like a very good electrostatic or ribbon tweeter. So much detail. On my rock stuff I set eq at 8k with a 9db slope and drop it about 1.5 db. That takes the harsh edge off and calms a bit of sibalance in those situations. I would elaborate but you gwt the idea. It will take a month or so to fully settle into these but I love em. Now just need to fine tune them. One more thing. Last night I sat down with my dual foamie eartips in as far as I could scrunch them and listened To How to Dismantle an atomic bomb,U2, and blended in to the couch for an hour. I just got them after work yesterday. Thanks Zach
post #1001 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

 

Righto...fingers crossed lets hope I can get it this week, I am going away this weekend so it would be good if I can take it away with me :)

 

So anyway, I have just received my adaptor, I didn't buy them from the same place that yous bought from, but anyway, first impression...

 

HOLY CRAP!!

 

OK so it kinda tames the bass a little, though it also tames the treble spark (which is good), and also, most importantly, it gets rid of the 'hollowness', though the mid is still a little recessed.

the downside is that, even it does improve the sound by quite a considerable margin, I have to use an amp with it (E11) because using it direct off iDevices, even if I turn up the volume to max, it is comparable roughly to 40%-50% volume without the adapter...

And dont forget that it makes your 3.5mm jack twice as big. My friends always ask me why its so big haha. Wont even bother explaining it.

post #1002 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwtriode View Post

... One more thing. Last night I sat down with my dual foamie eartips in as far as I could scrunch them and listened To How to Dismantle an atomic bomb,U2, and blended in to the couch for an hour. I just got them after work yesterday. Thanks Zach

 

Glad you're enjoying your H-100s. I've pretty much settled on the Comply T500 tips after trying a variety of others. Hope that purchase works out for you if you order them.


Edited by digirato - 12/11/12 at 4:12pm
post #1003 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

Righto...fingers crossed lets hope I can get it this week, I am going away this weekend so it would be good if I can take it away with me smily_headphones1.gif

So anyway, I have just received my adaptor, I didn't buy them from the same place that yous bought from, but anyway, first impression...

HOLY CRAP!!

OK so it kinda tames the bass a little, though it also tames the treble spark (which is good), and also, most importantly, it gets rid of the 'hollowness', though the mid is still a little recessed.
the downside is that, even it does improve the sound by quite a considerable margin, I have to use an amp with it (E11) because using it direct off iDevices, even if I turn up the volume to max, it is comparable roughly to 40%-50% volume without the adapter...


I have a 75ohm adapter coming this week, hopefully today actually, I can give my thoughts but honestly? I don't need one, my love is true to H-100, I don't feel it needs anything. wink.gif lol I mean switching between three different sources gives enough variation with this IEM. H-100 will reveal rather effortlessly what a source is trying to to tell you. It's strange, the best sound I can get out of this IEM, is with Colorfly CK4+, it absolutely sounds like you're at a concert, huge stage, explosive mid range detail is almost too intrusive, creams everything else. But! that's not to say I think it's tiring, unbalanced, a touch cold with back seated bass and treble. (curve shaped like this /\ imo) CK4+ not suitable for critical listening. It's like a roller coaster ride at the show, and actually measures like one too, tongue.gif good for a quick blast but tiring, exhausting, fatiguing. C3 however works overly well. it may be slightly limited in detail compared though it doesn't to anything wrong and I feel it actually has better treble, bass and separation because it's measures flat / sounds flat, which is what we want.

I'm not joking, C3 sends me into like little hypnotic trances with the right music, it grabs certain samples using them like a metronome. That's what I love about it.

Designers of C3 got it nailed (but you need H-100 to complete the transaction) wink.gif Which you have.



Quote:
Originally Posted by bcallen View Post

Want to give a big thanks to the forum contributors on this thread, especially to H20Fidelity.  Over time, I've read the entire thread and everyone's thorough descriptions and opinions have been very insightful & helpful.  Thank You "H20Fidelity" & "nick n" for your personal helpfulness.  Apologize for the lack of contact recently due to serious family issues.

Have decided to take an educated plunge and purchase both the H-100 (awaiting response back from shinwoo) and the Colorfly C3 8GB (bigbargainsonline).

I'm a speaker/headphone person and I'm very much looking forward to my 1st experience with an IEM.  My lone DAP is a Cowon D2+ I purchased a couple of years back adapting to this mobile world we live in.  Don't know if an IEM will be to my liking but I'm very much looking forward to determining this for myself.

Thank you all for your contributions and assistance!

You're most welcome bcallen, there's no need to appolgize , I hope you enjoy the sound like many others are. I hope everything ok on the home front for you.

Good music needs to be listened to in a relaxed state. smile.gif



Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwtriode View Post

I bought zach915's H 100's. Been tip fiddling with them. I like foams or silicone w foam inserts. My favourite on my TF 10's was those cheap Chinese blue foam kiwis from ebay. They fit the H 100's but detract from the bass. Stock yellow centered yellow foam in silicone much better but a bit too bright. vmoda bliss oval with half cut complys inserted round the post are very good. But still a touch bright on some things. Kiwis warm...touch to lossey on details and air but great upper bass midrange balance


Thanks for the mega cool impressions jgwtriode, Yet another happy camper on the H-100 bus. *toot toot*
Edited by H20Fidelity - 12/11/12 at 4:41pm
post #1004 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlooienuker View Post

And dont forget that it makes your 3.5mm jack twice as big. My friends always ask me why its so big haha. Wont even bother explaining it.

 

Yeah my wife asked me that last night, she said "What's that?" and I said "Oh, that is for hearing protection, to even up the volume"...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I have a 75ohm adapter coming this week, hopefully today actually, I can give my thoughts but honestly? I don't need one, my love is true to H-100, I don't feel it needs anything. wink.gif lol I mean switching between three different sources gives enough variation with this IEM. H-100 will reveal rather effortlessly what a source is trying to to tell you. It's strange, the best sound I can get out of this IEM, is with Colorfly CK4+, it absolutely sounds like you're at a concert, huge stage, explosive mid range detail is almost too intrusive, creams everything else. But! that's not to say I think it's tiring, unbalanced, a touch cold with back seated bass and treble. (curve shaped like this /\ imo) CK4+ not suitable for critical listening. It's like a roller coaster ride at the show, and actually measures like one too, tongue.gif good for a quick blast but tiring, exhausting, fatiguing. C3 however works overly well. it may be slightly limited in detail compared though it doesn't to anything wrong and I feel it actually has better treble, bass and separation because it's measures flat / sounds flat, which is what we want.
I'm not joking, C3 sends me into like little hypnotic trances with the right music, it grabs certain samples using them like a metronome. That's what I love about it.
Designers of C3 got it nailed (but you need H-100 to complete the transaction) wink.gif Which you have.
You're most welcome bcallen, there's no need to appolgize , I hope you enjoy the sound like many others are. I hope everything ok on the home front for you.
Good music needs to be listened to in a relaxed state. smile.gif
Thanks for the mega cool impressions jgwtriode, Yet another happy camper on the H-100 bus. *toot toot*

 

Yeah well, I started with ipod classic and H-100 mate, so yeah where you have Cowon, and C3, so I think in this case you have a little unfair advantage on the accompanying gear haha etysmile.gif but anyhoo, I am loving my setup at the moment with H-100 + adapter + E11 + iDevices, I was listening to it for 4 hours last night, pure bliss, it just takes away the hollowness of the mid (so this is to all the haterz out there - the mid no longer sound like it's coming out of a 'tunnel' with this adapter).

 

I got this little notice from the post office, so this either could be my C3, or my Amazon order with my baby girl's new xmas toy from Amazon, or even my wife's ASOS order...I'm really hoping that this will be my C3 so I can start enjoying it tonight...

post #1005 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

 

Yeah my wife asked me that last night, she said "What's that?" and I said "Oh, that is for hearing protection, to even up the volume"...

 

Haha thats a great way to explain it. I just told my friends it makes it makes it look sexy and they were staring at me thinking how is that sexy. Well, they are truely missing out using their earpods or whatever. 

 

Yeah, my tracking for the C3 said it had arrived in New Zealand this morning so hopefully it could come tomorrow or the following day. Running out of patience, cannot wait no longer... frown.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread