Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread - Page 64

post #946 of 1259

Just as a bit of further information, I have examined closely the adaptor I bought and it has been put together well, out of quality components. One end has a PAILICCS connector on it and the other end is a YONGSHENG connector (which is one of Neutrik's brand names). The cable in between is 7N, silver plated OFC and inside, everything has been very neatly soldered and heatshrink applied very carefully. The resistors are described as "military grade", I have no way of verifying that however as they are heatshrunk and I cannot get at them.

 

Very nice quality, and having made a rough assessment of the price of the components, I could not have assembled it for a cheaper price than I paid for it. The two connectors alone would cost me approx £7 in the UK and I would have to buy a whole metre of 7N cable just to get a piece that was 6cm long or so, add in heat shrink, resistors and my time, and you are into a sum considerably more than the cost of this adaptor from Hong Kong wink.gif

post #947 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post

Just as a bit of further information, I have examined closely the adaptor I bought and it has been put together well, out of quality components. One end has a PAILICCS connector on it and the other end is a YONGSHENG connector (which is one of Neutrik's brand names). The cable in between is 7N, silver plated OFC and inside, everything has been very neatly soldered and heatshrink applied very carefully. The resistors are described as "military grade", I have no way of verifying that however as they are heatshrunk and I cannot get at them.

 

Very nice quality, and having made a rough assessment of the price of the components, I could not have assembled it for a cheaper price than I paid for it. The two connectors alone would cost me approx £7 in the UK and I would have to buy a whole metre of 7N cable just to get a piece that was 6cm long or so, add in heat shrink, resistors and my time, and you are into a sum considerably more than the cost of this adaptor from Hong Kong wink.gif

 

 

Yes, I'm not saying it's a bad investment or overpriced. It's just that you're fixed to 75Ohm that way. Have you wondered what would result of adding even more impedance to the H-100? The DIY route can easily answer that question... wink.gif

post #948 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

 

 

Yes, I'm not saying it's a bad investment or overpriced. It's just that you're fixed to 75Ohm that way. Have you wondered what would result of adding even more impedance to the H-100? The DIY route can easily answer that question... wink.gif

 

Well I know what adding more impedance would do atm, without getting my amp back from loan. It would leave me unable to get sufficient volume that I could even hear the H100 biggrin.gif

 

Agree with you entirely though, experimenting is fun cool.gif

post #949 of 1259

OK just a small information for those who owns a lot of iDevices - I have ipod classic (un-rockboxed), iphone4s, and ipad3 (not the latest one, but the 3 with slower processor); unamped, H-100 pairs best with ipad, follows by iphone4s, and ipod classic.

 

Testing was done on 320k MP3's on all 3 devices, and with ipad and iphone, it was also done on sky.fm's 256k stream, and Spotify/Rdio/MOG 320k stream.

 

I've never done this until earlier today, and it surprised me that ipod classic has the worst quality on H-100 on 320k MP3's

 

I've done the test with several of my IEMs too, on some the difference is barely hearable, but with H-100 its pretty noticable.

post #950 of 1259

djvkool, yes, the H-100 are very sensitive to source pairing (and any other variable factor too, like tips, insertion depth, music quality, etc). Thanks for sharing some more info that confirms this... 

post #951 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post

 

I have noticed that the Fiio E07K is now available to order, I wonder should I just leave my E7 on loan with my friend and order an E07K...tongue.gif

 

Which I have now ordered. I have zero willpower. evil_smiley.gif

post #952 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post

Which I have now ordered. I have zero willpower. evil_smiley.gif

 

I didn't even noticed that new model existed! tongue.gif Why didn't you go straight to the E17? Price or functions? popcorn.gif

post #953 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

 

I didn't even noticed that new model existed! tongue.gif Why didn't you go straight to the E17? Price or functions? popcorn.gif

 

It is literally just out. Wasn't on Amazon UK yesterday, but is today.

 

Combination of factors (in no particular order):

 

1. Love the E7 but it is out on loan atm.

2. The E17 pulls too much power over its USB port to connect to a Samsung Galaxy S3 using a USB OTG cable, whereas the E7 is fine and this E07K should be too.

3. All the DAC's are the same across the Fiio models so upgrading to the E17, would have got me more amplification power, but what else?

4. I don't need some of the functionality of the E17, whereas I do need the dual headphone output on the E7 and E07K

5. Price. The E07K slots in at the same price as the E7

6. Improved opamps and device functionality of the E07K compared to the E7. 

 

The E07K on the face of it, looks to be a much improved E7, for the same price. ClieOS has also done some initial RMAA measurements and declared it a worthy upgrade from an E7.

 

Taking into account all the above, then for £69 in the UK, it's a no-brainer purchasing decision rolleyes.gif

post #954 of 1259

How do these bad boys compare to others in the price range (GR-07, BA-200, RE-262, EPH-100, UE-700)? I am a Hair Band, New Rock kind of dude (Steelheart to BuckCherry). Deep Punchy Bass, wide sound stage, recessed is not a characteristic I like. Thanks
 

post #955 of 1259

I am a big GR07 fan and these blow the GR07 out of the water. They are also better that the UE TF10. I can't comment on the other IEM's you list.

 

They do have a slight recess on the mids to my ears, but it's not excessive and I haven't completed burn-in yet, so that may change. They have a tight, punchy bass with good extension, good sound stage and a sparkling and extended treble response.

 

The only thing I have in my current collection of IEM's that beats them, is my Cosmic Ears HY3 CIEM, and the HY3 is twice the price of the T-PEOS H100. The H100 are, as other people have said, highly dependant on source and tips being used - get either of them wrong and they can sound awful - get them right however and you will be rewarded with an excellent sound, with plenty of detail, clarity and quality. The sound will not suit anyone that prefers a smooth sound however, the trebles on these are simply too sparkly to allow for that, although they can be tamed a bit with the right tips and source.

post #956 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post

The only thing I have in my current collection of IEM's that beats them, is my Cosmic Ears HY3 CIEM, and the HY3 is twice the price of the T-PEOS H100. The H100 are, as other people have said, highly dependant on source and tips being used - get either of them wrong and they can sound awful - get them right however and you will be rewarded with an excellent sound, with plenty of detail, clarity and quality. The sound will not suit anyone that prefers a smooth sound however, the trebles on these are simply too sparkly to allow for that, although they can be tamed a bit with the right tips and source.

Can you elaborate a bit on what your Cosmic Ears HY3 does better for you? Also, anything that the H-100 has over the HY3? Thanks in advance.

post #957 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post

Can you elaborate a bit on what your Cosmic Ears HY3 does better for you? Also, anything that the H-100 has over the HY3? Thanks in advance.

The HY3 has a superior bass response, in terms of extension, quality and quantity. It has a much more balanced presentation too, with the bass, mids and trebles all equal in the mix. Mids on the HY3 have more depth and are centre, neither forward or recessed. It's treble however is the biggest difference, and is not sparkly like the H100, instead being smooth and rolling off at the top end. The HY3 also has a better soundstage - not that there is anything wrong with the H100, it's just that the HY3 is better here too.

The two IEM's are completely different tonally, the HY3 is a balanced, smooh presentation right across the board, and the H100 while people seem to think it has a slight 'U' curved sound signature, to my ears has more in common with the TF10's sound, with accentuated bass and trebles and slightly recessed mids. I would qualify that by saying that I am still in burn-in stage and it wouldn't be uncommon for mids to come forward a bit once the dynamic has had time to sort itself out..

In short, if you want sparkly, detailed trebles, pick the H100, if you want a smoother more balanced sound then pick the HY3. They are not the same price however, so it's perhaps not a reasonable comparison. I think the H100 is very good indeed for the price, and paired with the right tips and source, will wipe the floor with many other things at the same price. Pair the H100 with a Sansa Clip and the tips that came with the H100, and your ears will tell you there is no bass response and the treble is like nails on a blackboard. Pair it with a Colorfly C3 and put the tips on it that came with the Vsonic GR07 however, and the H100 is transformed into something wonderful for the price it is. I've said it here before and I will say it again, cos it is worth repeating, I have never come across any IEM that is so sensitive to source and tip pairing as the H100 is.
Edited by phlashbios - 12/6/12 at 12:55pm
post #958 of 1259

Hows the cable on this? Is it flimsy? 

post #959 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illbetheone View Post

Hows the cable on this? Is it flimsy? 

The cables actually pretty good, it's different to other cables I've owned. Has like a protective sheathing over it below the Y spilt which gives it strength from snags. It feels rather durable and of decent thickness. I like it. Click the photo to zoom in for a closer look.

post #960 of 1259

My adapter just came in, I dont know how people say this is a downgrade or has not effect... Honestly, it dampens the treble and brings out the mids although it does not make the mids forward its a good boost and thats with my S9... Its actually smaller than I expected when I saw it for the first time in person and although it adds quite a bit to the weight and length of the 3.5mm jack I reckon its worth it. If you have an H-100 and think the mids are too thin or too laid back which I reckon everyone will feel the same then grab one of these from eBay and enjoy your new H-100. I dont know if I'm imagining but bass seems to be tighter and extends deeper down although seems a tad slower... Probably just me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread