Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread - Page 62

post #916 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

 

 

My advice to you at this point is to let them burn-in for while so that dynamic driver starts pounding it's awsome sub-bass! Also, if you can, try them with foam tips (Ts400 works great for me) and deep insertion... wink.gif

 

Yes indeed. As I said, will put 100 hours on them. Won't be using foamies however, as I hate them. Silicons only, for all universal IEM's as far as I am concerned.

 

Just while I am here, the B-100 freebie that came with them, as far as I know is a single BA. Fresh out of the box, it has bloated bass, and not particularly impressive mids or trebles. Not sure what its pricepoint is, but VSonic's VC02 walks all over it in terms of straight out of the box first impressions. I'll do some burn-in of the B-100 too, though I am not convinced of the value of burn in on BA's.

 

EDIT: Just found the tiny writing on the B-100 box. Yes, single BA, 56 Ohm impedance 102db SNR 


Edited by phlashbios - 12/4/12 at 7:49am

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #917 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post

 

Yes indeed. As I said, will put 100 hours on them. Won't be using foamies however, as I hate them. Silicons only, for all universal IEM's as far as I am concerned.

 

Just while I am here, the B-100 freebie that came with them, as far as I know is a single BA. Fresh out of the box, it has bloated bass, and not particularly impressive mids or trebles. Not sure what its pricepoint is, but VSonic's VC02 walks all over it in terms of straight out of the box first impressions. I'll do some burn-in of the B-100 too, though I am not convinced of the value of burn in on BA's.

 

 

I think the B-100's price was about the same as the VC02...

 

About the H-100, I really enjoy them except for some old/bad mastered Rock and Heavy Metal albuns! But the key for that is to have a source that pairs well with them. I use mine with a Rockboxed iPod Classic->LOD->iBasso P4, but if I listen to the same music from my Rockboxed Clip+, I can't enjoy them the same way... If you have multiple sources and amps, be sure to test them in different configurations! beerchug.gif

post #918 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

 

 

I think the B-100's price was about the same as the VC02...

 

About the H-100, I really enjoy them except for some old/bad mastered Rock and Heavy Metal albuns! But the key for that is to have a source that pairs well with them. I use mine with a Rockboxed iPod Classic->LOD->iBasso P4, but if I listen to the same music from my Rockboxed Clip+, I can't enjoy them the same way... If you have multiple sources and amps, be sure to test them in different configurations! beerchug.gif

 

Yep. Currently connected to my Colorfly C3. Will also be tried with Clip Zip (Rockbox), Cowon C2 and iPod 5th gen (Rockbox) may also add a Fiio E7 into the equation and I've that 75 Ohm adaptor on its way too to try tongue.gif

post #919 of 1259

Raphael K ! thanks for your good info. but, 

I think there is a misprint in the specification, "Connector : 3.5 mm/ 3pole"  is wrong because of microphone in the cable. It is right "Connector : 3.5 mm/ 4 pole".

post #920 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post

First off, I would like to say that the tips for these H-100's are differently sized than any other tips I have come across. I need the largest tips to get a fit with these (the ones with a dark blue core) and the tip seal with these is going to totally make the difference in terms of what you hear. I was getting very little bass from them until I moved up to the largest tips and got a better seal.

Do give your other IEM tips a try on them as well. I'm currently finding the best sound for me from the gray single flange UE tips (like those that come with TF10), though they aren't exactly the most secure fitting, so I'm just a little extra careful when removing the earphones from my ears. If you still have the GR07 MK2, then I'm sure you have tons of tips to experiment with.


Edited by PeterDLai - 12/4/12 at 2:33pm
post #921 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post

 

Yep. Seller called 'timo5528'. Wasn't expecting it though, it says nothing in the ebay ad about it, so a really nice surprise cool.gif

 

First off, I would like to say that the tips for these H-100's are differently sized than any other tips I have come across. I need the largest tips to get a fit with these (the ones with a dark blue core) and the tip seal with these is going to totally make the difference in terms of what you hear. I was getting very little bass from them until I moved up to the largest tips and got a better seal.

 

At the moment, fresh out of the box, trebles are excellent, with detail, crispness and good extension, mids are recessed but clear, and bass is sufficient in quantity, but not particularly well defined and lacks punch. This is pre-burnin however, and I am extremely familiar with IEM's changing their sound over time. I am going to put 100 hours on these and then post back with impressions.

 

I can sense that we are getting another passenger in the H-100 bus L3000.gif

post #922 of 1259
Experimenting with different tips really pays off with H-100.

I'm a firm believer in a smaller bore for this IEM, I don't think I've come across another IEM that is so adjustable over tip alterations. Someone sent me some Vmoda BLISS 3.0 tips yesterday, while the bore is almost identical in diameter to GR07, the nozzle hole sits roughly the same distance inside, Vmoda's outer section is slightly shorter in length, even just that height difference is achieving changes in a positive fashion. Also, they're the most comfortable tips I have ever worn and isolate really well. They seem to warm up the entire sig a touch, you lose a touch of that crispness or edge, the low end warms up a little. They're giving me a very nice balance and deep insertion more so than GR07 tips.




Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post

Yep. Currently connected to my Colorfly C3. Will also be tried with Clip Zip (Rockbox), Cowon C2 and iPod 5th gen (Rockbox) may also add a Fiio E7 into the equation and I've that 75 Ohm adaptor on its way too to try tongue.gif

That is a very good pairing for H-100, all members using H-100 /C3 to date are mighty impressed with what Colorfly C3 brings to the table. I can confirm too, C3 and H-100 gives great synergy, it's all about the mid-centric feel C3 has, makes H-100 mid range act completely different. Give vocals heft, a stiffer back bone everything comes forward slightly, vocals become much closer, very good sounding DAP with these IEM's.

I highly recommend anyone wanting to take their H-100 to the next level, try Colorfly C3. I prefer this pairing over my CK4+
Edited by H20Fidelity - 12/4/12 at 6:01pm
post #923 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Experimenting with different tips really pays off with H-100.
I'm a firm believer in a smaller bore for this IEM, I don't think I've come across another IEM that is so adjustable over tip alterations. Someone sent me some Vmoda tips yesterday, while the bore is almost identical in diameter to GR07, the nozzle hole sits roughly the same distance inside, Vmoda's outer section is slightly shorter in length, even just that height difference is achieving changes in a positive fashion. Also, they're the most comfortable tips I have ever worn and isolate really well. They seem to warm up the entire sig a touch, you lose a touch of that crispness or edge, the low end warms up a little. They're giving me a very nice balance and deep insertion more so than GR07 tips.

That is a very good pairing for H-100, all members using H-100 /C3 to date are mighty impressed with what Colorfly C3 brings to the table. I can confirm too, C3 and H-100 gives great synergy, it's all about the mid-centric feel C3 has, makes H-100 mid range act completely different. Give vocals heft, a stiffer back bone everything comes forward slightly, vocals become much closer, very good sounding DAP with these IEM's.
I highly recommend anyone wanting to take their H-100 to the next level, try Colorfly C3. I prefer this pairing over my CK4+

Although I do not have the V-moda tips I have my Fischer Audio tips form the DBA-02 and they fit albeit its quite a tight fit and is hard to get on and I used them with the H-100, I reckon they are  alot better than the H-100 tips. I have the GR07 tips although the seller only provided me with a few pairs and they are all too small for me so I cannot justify just yet on how well the GR07 tips sound on the H-100. The Fischer Audio tips dampen the treble slightly and I prefer that since it was a tad bright for me and it seems the mid bass is more controlled. I also have a C3 on the way and will post impressions then.

post #924 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlooienuker View Post

Although I do not have the V-moda tips I have my Fischer Audio tips form the DBA-02 and they fit albeit its quite a tight fit and is hard to get on and I used them with the H-100, I reckon they are  alot better than the H-100 tips. I have the GR07 tips although the seller only provided me with a few pairs and they are all too small for me so I cannot justify just yet on how well the GR07 tips sound on the H-100. The Fischer Audio tips dampen the treble slightly and I prefer that since it was a tad bright for me and it seems the mid bass is more controlled. I also have a C3 on the way and will post impressions then.

I was thinking these Vmoda tips would be perfect for you if you want to tame some of the brightness, these will do so more than GR07 tips. I don't really like the stock tips. I think you can achieve better imaging, staging and depth by using a smaller bore, but for sure these to lower the treble, almost a touch to much for my tastes, the warmer low end is nice though for my CK4. Sounds rather natural well....as natural as one can find in H-100. I'm terribly sorry those tips I sent haven't arrived Vlooienuker, I assure you they were on their way. If they don't turn up I am just very grateful it wasn't an item of very high value, then we would be in deep strife. Especially if it were a sale and money was involved.

I suggest you get on those GR07 tips I linked you via PM. just get a set on their way mate.

Here's the Vmoda tips anyway.

http://v-moda.com/bliss-3-0-fittings/
Edited by H20Fidelity - 12/4/12 at 5:56pm
post #925 of 1259

Good to see you are enjoying the V-moda tips and it's great you notice a difference and can articulate that for the rest of us.beerchug.gif

 

  Can you possibly post a picture of the GR07 tips side by side so we/I can see what you mean there exactly about the difference . Maybe a picture like above but with one GR07 on the other side?

--"Vmoda's outer section is slightly shorter in length"    this in particular.

 

Is it just me or is there a heck of a lot of people scooping up the C3 as well.

 

We should almost make a post with a list of currently used and tried tips, whether there are impressions there beside the particular ones listed or not.

 

These certainly seem to have wide changes and be easily affected by all the tips.

 

I must have been in the in-between point of the B-100 deal, but i did get an unexpected free excellent quality usb wallcharger which speeds up the C3 charging !


Edited by nick n - 12/4/12 at 6:14pm
post #926 of 1259
Sure, here's the Vmoda BLISS 3.0 Large vs GRO7 non-foam silicon Extra Large.


The Vmoda tips are obviously made of better silicon that mould to the natural contour of your ear canal better. Makes the GR07 tips feel very rubbery or tough compared. I'm getting a deeper insertion and the seal feels spot on, whether this is the cause of increased low end I'm not sure. But the deeper insertion and tighter seal is all contributing. But they're just so comfortable and that's a big part of the listening session, if you can lose that feeling of wearing an IEM the music just floats there, it's a nicer experience. Isolation is also much better.

Here's a snippet from their site.
Quote:
The Fit is the Sound
V-MODA recognizes that every ear is created different and fittings greatly affect the way sound is heard. With this in mind V-MODA’s R&D team created the revolutionary BLISS 3.0 (Bass Level Isolating Soft Silicon) fittings that contour your ears for greater comfort, sound and stability for the masses, even for those with smaller ears.

You can see the height differences. Although these tips are somewhat similar the reaction with H-100 behaves completely different.





Edited by H20Fidelity - 12/4/12 at 6:35pm
post #927 of 1259

Thanks!

 V-moda/Val Kolton really does take his products seriously.

Might have to retry mine and possibly order some more:)

post #928 of 1259
I can't say they'll be for everyone, though they work well for me. I've tried switching back to GR07 tips since and shake my head saying, 'nah' there's something missing. I sure would like to know what magic pixie dust Val sprinkles over these BLISS 3.0. because the changes are rather obvious. tongue.gif
post #929 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobyn View Post

Raphael K ! thanks for your good info. but, 

I think there is a misprint in the specification, "Connector : 3.5 mm/ 3pole"  is wrong because of microphone in the cable. It is right "Connector : 3.5 mm/ 4 pole".

 

Thank you mobyn.

I just know pole means black divided something on connector ( or white, green whatever - something like paint .. wink_face.gif )

post #930 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I was thinking these Vmoda tips would be perfect for you if you want to tame some of the brightness, these will do so more than GR07 tips. I don't really like the stock tips. I think you can achieve better imaging, staging and depth by using a smaller bore, but for sure these to lower the treble, almost a touch to much for my tastes, the warmer low end is nice though for my CK4. Sounds rather natural well....as natural as one can find in H-100. I'm terribly sorry those tips I sent haven't arrived Vlooienuker, I assure you they were on their way. If they don't turn up I am just very grateful it wasn't an item of very high value, then we would be in deep strife. Especially if it were a sale and money was involved.
I suggest you get on those GR07 tips I linked you via PM. just get a set on their way mate.
Here's the Vmoda tips anyway.
http://v-moda.com/bliss-3-0-fittings/

Yeah, this is the first time something has actually gone missing for me and now I know to always take insurance and tracking next time I buy something of high value. If you did write a return address then maybe it can be sent back to you but I'm not sure. I will order those tips you showed me and hopefully they are better than the ones I have now.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread