Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread - Page 54

post #796 of 1259
one other quick thing, if any of you have access to a full sized receiver, or integrated amp try them out on that , you'll be pleasantly surprised
Edited by nick n - 11/21/12 at 7:07pm

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #797 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post

no question in my mind about grabbing a set of the new ones as soon as they are released . 

 

Raphael what's your test equipment or sources that you use when beta testing?

 

Also what test tracks do you use?

( don't have to say if you don't want to )

Thanks.

 

And a little confirmation I got some Comply Tx-500's and they fit excellent, with a similar sized earside opening as the stock silicones.

 This "x" series has the added wax guard acoustically transparent layer over the hole/

 

I did try the V-moda tips, they do fit but at the same time can also be pushed over the entire tip of the housing , so they are not as snug. Smaller hole  also so sonics are changed a bit more bass and less openness. I'd have to listen again to confirm this is what i remember at this point.

 

Hi, nick n.

I'm testing any IEMs to normal. ( actually most of people are using non-amp, normal quality MP3s like 128 to 256Kbps )

 

My audio devices are:

 - iPod touch 2G/3G/4G

 - iPhone 3Gs/4

 - Samsung R0 Rockbox mod.

 - LG Optimus BIG.

 - SONY NWZ-E436F

 - SONY PSP 1005

 - Cowon D2 (D2+ mod)

 - Cowon iAudio U5

 

testing audio tracks : (most of them are rock, metal and bass-n-drum)

 - CDs

 - ALAC / FLAC

 - MP3 320Kbps ( most of them are extracted from my CDs )

 

in case of MP3, I'm using album normalizing to 93~94dB for my Apple devices.

and never using EQ or audio effect.

also I'm not using any headphone amp. modulation/distorting is not allowed basshead.gif

 

I am listening Delain(MP3 320Kbps) and Within Temptation(FLAC), Foo Fighters(FLAC), Utada Hikaru (JPop, ALAC), Arch Enemy(MP3 320Kbps) and more !

You can what I'm listening for test in my Korean Blog : http://rageworx.tistory.com/1288

 

* and also listening - PSY Kang-Nam Style (강남스타일 : MP3 320Bps) - You may know PSY(싸이) , yeah !

 

Testing in normal - is the best way.


Edited by Raphael K - 11/21/12 at 7:27pm
post #798 of 1259
interesting. Thanks.
post #799 of 1259

H-200 vs GR08... OMG cannot... wait...

post #800 of 1259
Well, I'm pretty much sold to H-200.

Considering I've been more impressed with H-100 than I ever was with GR07, I'll personally be pushing GR08 aside until H-200 possibly appears. This will allow time for GR08 to prove itself within the community, let the hype die down, however I'm yet to hear another IEM that gives such impressive price to performance ratio than H-100. For that reason my future GR08 purchase is well on hold for the time being waiting on Shinwoo.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 11/22/12 at 4:09pm
post #801 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Well, I'm pretty much sold to H-200.
Considering I've been more impressed with H-100 than I ever was with GR07, I'll personally be pushing GR08 aside until H-200 possibly appears. This will allow time for GR08 to prove itself within the community, let the hype die down, however I'm yet to hear another IEM that gives such impressive price to performance ratio than H-100. For that reason my future GR08 purchase is well on hold for the time being waiting on Shinwoo.

 

Yep same here mate...

 

Looking at the trend, I am predicting that H-200 will be priced about $160-$180 (with HF discount), and GR08 I still think will be priced at about $250-$300.

 

Both would be good, no doubt at all, judging by the SQ of H-100, and GR07/GR01, but I am more excited now about H-100, just imagine, if H-100 high and low are absolutely sublime, though mid is its weakest point, by having another BA in there, it should takes care of the mid.

 

Now the waiting game begins...smily_headphones1.gif

post #802 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Considering I've been more impressed with H-100 than I ever was with GR07

 

H100 is now down to £106 inc. delivery to the UK, from ebay sellers. At that price I am going to bite and see what all the fuss is about rolleyes.gif

post #803 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post

H100 is now down to £106 inc. delivery to the UK, from ebay sellers. At that price I am going to bite and see what all the fuss is about rolleyes.gif

You don't need too. smile.gif

Check the first page, get the Head-Fi discount for $120 shipped express EMS. wink.gif
post #804 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post

H100 is now down to £106 inc. delivery to the UK, from ebay sellers. At that price I am going to bite and see what all the fuss is about rolleyes.gif

 

 

Isn't the current $120 "Head-Fi discount price" directly from the manufacturer still less than those £106?

post #805 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post


Isn't the current $120 "Head-Fi discount price" directly from the manufacturer still less than those £106?

Much cheaper

106.00 GBP = 168.927 USD

120.00 USD = 75.2989 GBP
Edited by H20Fidelity - 11/23/12 at 3:24am
post #806 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Much cheaper
106.00 GBP = 168.927 USD
120.00 USD = 75.2989 GBP

 

smile.gif

 

And with a bit of luck, one may even get Fedex 2 day delivery instead of the EMS 5 day one, for the same price...

post #807 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Much cheaper
106.00 GBP = 168.927 USD
120.00 USD = 75.2989 GBP

 

Too late, hadn't spotted that. It's ordered now :-)

 

Have ordered a 75 Ohm adaptor too, as I have seen reports of it working nicely with the H100.

post #808 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlashbios View Post

Have ordered a 75 Ohm adaptor too, as I have seen reports of it working nicely with the H100.

 

 

Care to share which one did you order?

post #809 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

 

 

Care to share which one did you order?

 

There is only one on ebay I think, I bought one too, it's the Ety's P-S adaptor

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290372905689?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 

post #810 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

There is only one on ebay I think, I bought one too, it's the Ety's P-S adaptor

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290372905689?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 

 

 

Well, I found at least 3 different adapters of those at eBay (including the one above), and that's why I asked... smile.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread