Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread - Page 48

post #706 of 1259

What about these vs the Westone 3?

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #707 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Could you people tell me what exactly you enjoy about these phones?
Because I'm starting to feel like this is a case of the Emperor's New Clothes.
I'm genuinely curious...what draws you to the H-100?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Thank you.

 

See, the way I hear it is this:

 

The clarity comes at the expense of the mid-range. It's not the kind of clarity that you'll find in the Etymotic range. Instead, it just eschews everything between the sub-bass and highs, messing up tone of the sound. I've had the 4Ai for the last week, and the H-100 doesn't even come close in any way. 

 

Yes, the mids are recessed, but that's not the cause of the problem. The lower midrange lacks any sort of body (my etymotic hf3 sounds fuller), but the upper mids are shrill, leading to a hollow and nasaly sound that just sounds god-awful on a LOT of tracks.

 

So once again, the clarity and spaciousness comes at the expense of the mids.

 

 

Still, I'm in talks to buy another pair. I'm going to give them another go.

 

 

Like I told you before, I have the impression you started off with these with the wrong foot... It's like, on first listen, straight from my RB Clip+, I have to agree with much of your findinds. But when amped from a good source, with good seal and deep insertion, these are very good. Of course I'd prefer if they had warmer mids, as they still fail bad with some old/bad mastered Rock and Metal recordings. But when they can shine, they are really impressive! Bass, soundstage and detail are impressive, at a level I've never heard before! Yesterday I was hearing some Muse albums that I know very well (they're one of my favoutire bands), and with some songs of some albums I was hearing new details I've never heard before! I wouldn't say these are the perfect or the ultimate allrounder IEM, but these are definitely a great IEM and a keeper... wink.gif

post #708 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post

Oh gawd rolleyes.gif
8 months??

Eight months, from the time I joined Head-Fi and began trying IEMs. Is my join date next to my post count not obvious?? rolleyes.gif You should jump in geko95geek, join the cool people.

Because....I really don't see much going on in the eQ5 thread these days. wink.gif Lots of action here though. wink.gif


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
lmao
post #709 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post

never know unless I try it for myself right, which is why I own the H-100 biggrin.gif

 

Well in that case, in the spirit of HF - go forth and buy one grasshopper etysmile.gif

 

Let's put it this way, the reason why I like the E11 is that to my ear, it adds warmth to H-100

post #710 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Eight months, from the time I joined Head-Fi and began trying IEMs. Is my join date next to my post count not obvious?? rolleyes.gif You should jump in geko95geek, join the cool people.
Because....I really don't see much going on in the eQ5 thread these days. wink.gif Lots of action here though. wink.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
lmao

 

8 months and almost 3,000 post - that is some impressive effort there matey...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlooienuker View Post

What about these vs the Westone 3?

 

To my ear, definitely H-100, W3 trumps only the mid, everything else IMHO are behind H-100

post #711 of 1259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Eight months, from the time I joined Head-Fi and began trying IEMs. Is my join date next to my post count not obvious?? rolleyes.gif You should jump in geko95geek, join the cool people.
Because....I really don't see much going on in the eQ5 thread these days. wink.gif Lots of action here though. wink.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
lmao

 

Just because there's not a lot going on in the e-Q5 thread doesn't mean there not better than these AM radio sounding things ;)

post #712 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

Just because there's not a lot going on in the e-Q5 thread doesn't mean there not better than these AM radio sounding things ;)

 

 

Trust me, that was just another case of shallow insertion and/or bad seal... 

post #713 of 1259

I'm also wondering if you guys who say H100 is too thin just didn't receive bad samples.

 

Other than that, it must be some really heavy incompatibility between the earphones and the anatomy. I mean, I know a person who things Fischer dba02 has too much bass. But other than extreme examples, most people can kinda agree when an earphones is 'more neutral', 'more bassy' or something at least in when directly compared. But it just seems everyone perceives H100 completely differently. It's like quantum listening experience.

post #714 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Eight months, from the time I joined Head-Fi and began trying IEMs. Is my join date next to my post count not obvious?? rolleyes.gif You should jump in geko95geek, join the cool people.
Because....I really don't see much going on in the eQ5 thread these days. wink.gif Lots of action here though. wink.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

Just because there's not a lot going on in the e-Q5 thread doesn't mean there not better than these AM radio sounding things wink.gif

Hell yeah dude.

The problem with the H100s is that not only one person says that the mids are thin and distant, ok ok that can be changed with a good source or EQ'ing but that's not the point.

Ortofon e-Q5s however are good with almost everything, regardless if the source has forward mids or an equalizer.
post #715 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMAP View Post
I know a person who things Fischer dba02 has too much bass. 

 

Oh come on, seriously? that is just whack... darthsmile.gif

post #716 of 1259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

 

 

Trust me, that was just another case of shallow insertion and/or bad seal... 

 

I've gone through enough IEM's to know how to insert them and I know when I have a bad seal.  The bass sounded great but the mids sound like there coming from an AM radio, at least for me that's how they sounded.

post #717 of 1259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMAP View Post

I'm also wondering if you guys who say H100 is too thin just didn't receive bad samples.

 

Other than that, it must be some really heavy incompatibility between the earphones and the anatomy. I mean, I know a person who things Fischer dba02 has too much bass. But other than extreme examples, most people can kinda agree when an earphones is 'more neutral', 'more bassy' or something at least in when directly compared. But it just seems everyone perceives H100 completely differently. It's like quantum listening experience.

 

Well I sold mine and the person that got them loved them, now they were his first good set but I know they sound like everyone else's its just the people that think the mids sound thin have better hearing than others do bigsmile_face.gif.

post #718 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

I've gone through enough IEM's to know how to insert them and I know when I have a bad seal.  The bass sounded great but the mids sound like there coming from an AM radio, at least for me that's how they sounded.

 

 

Yes, they sounded like for me too at first try, until I experimented with different tips and got them inserted very deep. I can still make them sound thin and lifeless if I want, exactly like you say. This was the first time I had to use an IEM this way, so all the experience you might have with other IEMs won't help you much with these. I never used any of my IEMs as deep as I use these... But hey, you tried them, didn't like them and moved on! beerchug.gif

post #719 of 1259

I posted these on my round up chart. Have a look how they compare other popular IEMs.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/607311/my-iem-round-up-60-earphones-compared-with-a-lot-more-coming

 

How many posts get on a thread means nothing on its ability. Never think that. This is new, a hybrid and also has had a fair bit of negative opinions, better than EQ-5, no way.

 

I have to be on Techno Kids side. The same applies for me, i dont rate a IEM highly and people question seal. Like myself techno has had a fair few IEMs and like me, i am sure the first thing he does is tip roll and get a seal as i have seen him do on other threads. As well as that i also agree with his findings, the mids were thin and unnatural.

post #720 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

I posted these on my round up chart. Have a look how they compare other popular IEMs.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/607311/my-iem-round-up-60-earphones-compared-with-a-lot-more-coming

 

How many posts get on a thread means nothing on its ability. Never think that. This is new, a hybrid and also has had a fair bit of negative opinions, better than EQ-5, no way.

 

I have to be on Techno Kids side. The same applies for me, i dont rate a IEM highly and people question seal. Like myself techno has had a fair few IEMs and like me, i am sure the first thing he does is tip roll and get a seal as i have seen him do on other threads. As well as that i also agree with his findings, the mids were thin and unnatural.

 

 

Well, I'm not taking anyone's side (except mine, obviously)! I simply wrote about what I hear, the way I hear it and what I did to get there! I never wrote anywhere these are better or worse than A or B, as I just think they're different from everything I've heard so far... And most of the times I just happen to like what I hear from them!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread