Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread - Page 47

post #691 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlooienuker View Post

4A.i vs H-100 vs GR07 MK2?

H-100 vs GR07 MK2.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/635885/vsonic-gr07-mk2-pro-dynamic-noise-isolation-earphones-sold

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #692 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by digirato View Post

Would you recommend an AMP for the H100 for use with an iPod gen5? My search shows the H100 impedance is 60 ohms but I recall a comment way back that they were actually 32 Ohms. Does anyone know for sure?

 

I didn't anticipate an IEM would lead me to get an AMP but might acquire one up if it provides a substantial boost in performance. TIA

 

To my humble ears, I can confirm that this is a definite.

 

I have been listening through my desktop + E10, and the H-100 sounds unbelievably awesome, true musical nirvana, though so far I can't say the same unamped, straight out from either ipod classic or iphone 4s, it sounds hollow...

post #693 of 1259
Quote:

Vlooienuker, don't listen to this guy. He will recommend the h-100 over the stax sr009's LOL biggrin.gif
post #694 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post

Vlooienuker, don't listen to this guy. He will recommend the h-100 over the stax sr009's LOL biggrin.gif

I believe Vlooienuker already has a pair of H-100.... wink.gif
post #695 of 1259
Quote:

Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

To my humble ears, I can confirm that this is a definite.

I have been listening through my desktop + E10, and the H-100 sounds unbelievably awesome, true musical nirvana, though so far I can't say the same unamped, straight out from either ipod classic or iphone 4s, it sounds hollow...

Using both a full sized  Dynamic Super-A Integrated amp with tone defeat ,  and also for portable use off the Cowon + crossfeed cable + PA2V2  .

 

Straight off the Cowon was good tried that straight for a bit ,this amped setup does appear better. Soon to be swapped with a Colorfly C3 see how that fares.

The full sized simply goes without saying.( also using a crossfeed cable between DAC and amp )


Edited by nick n - 11/14/12 at 11:07pm
post #696 of 1259
I have mine running through an old ipod Nano atm, running 320kbops and they sound awesome! etysmile.gif I just laugh man....I really do, I just don't hear them how some others do, and don't really care, everything I throw at them, any source... They're like a dream come true to me, lol. I have the biggest smile on my face right now. The transparent mid range is glorious! lol I tell you now though.... I've had more fun with these and my music experience than I had in eight months with all the other IEM's I owned. !


Edited by H20Fidelity - 11/14/12 at 11:00pm
post #697 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Yes, the mids are recessed, but that's not the cause of the problem. The lower midrange lacks any sort of body (my etymotic hf3 sounds fuller), but the upper mids are shrill, leading to a hollow and nasaly sound that just sounds god-awful on a LOT of tracks.

 

 

Yes, absolutely agreed, that is what exactly I experienced, but only if unamped, I am hearing borderline bearable hollowness and shrill, very bad on female vocal, OK on male vocal.

 

However, use an amp, and the above issues go away, instead, I am greeted with a sound signature that I have never heard before, pure bliss.

 

Therefore at the moment, I don't use it unamped, E10 through my desktop and E11 through iPod/iPhone.

 

BTW - before anyone asked, both shallow/deep insertion work for me (Ts200/400 medium for deep insertion, and Ts200/400 Large for shallow insertion), and also, for some reason E17 doesn't work too well with this, E11 works best for DAP, and E10 works best for computer. Hippo Box is OK too, but not as good as E11

post #698 of 1259
I believe eke was using an amp, the exact same dac/amp FiiO E10. Very good dynamics with E10 I found! biggrin.gif
post #699 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post

...and also for portable use off the Cowon + crossfeed cable + PA2V2  .

 

 

I don't like PA2V2 with H-100, not sure why, much, much prefer E11

 

I just got myself a Clip+, and will try H-100 unamped with it, unfortunately all of my DAP at the moment are Apple's...

post #700 of 1259

so I need to grab an e11 now do i? I guess so... next week possibly.


Edited by nick n - 11/14/12 at 11:14pm
post #701 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post

so I need to grab an e11 now do i? I guess so... next week possibly.

Personally I would wait until that C3 arrives, you may find E11 isn't needed. I've had an E11, however I have my own thoughts on it, which might not go down to well. ph34r.gif
post #702 of 1259

shall wait and see then. cheaper that way.

post #703 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post

so I need to grab an e11 now do i? I guess so... next week possibly.

 

No need mate if you are happy with your PA2V2

post #704 of 1259

never know unless I try it for myself right, which is why I own the H-100 biggrin.gif


Edited by nick n - 11/14/12 at 11:58pm
post #705 of 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I have mine running through an old ipod Nano atm, running 320kbops and they sound awesome! etysmile.gif I just laugh man....I really do, I just don't hear them how some others do, and don't really care, everything I throw at them, any source... They're like a dream come true to me, lol. I have the biggest smile on my face right now. The transparent mid range is glorious! lol I tell you now though.... I've had more fun with these and my music experience than I had in eight months with all the other IEM's I owned. !

Oh gawd rolleyes.gif

8 months??
Edited by Lifted Andreas - 11/15/12 at 2:13am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread