Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread - Page 3

post #31 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiterknight View Post

@CliOS  How's the level of bass compared to the Atomic Floyd Superdarts? I also assume that sibilance is not an issue from looking at the graphs?

It doesn't have as much bass as Superdarts. I will call it above neutral but far from being bass monster. I guess it is about the right amount to hear but not dominating over other frequency. Good detail and sparkle, but no sibilance..

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #32 of 1258

Thanks CliOS, sounds good to me. I have a pair on my way as well.

post #33 of 1258

ClieOS.. from what you've heard, what's other IEM or headphone does it sound most similar to ?

post #34 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

ClieOS.. from what you've heard, what's other IEM or headphone does it sound most similar to ?

As far as overall presentation goes, I guess it is similar to the new beyerdynamic XP3, but XP3 is a little more laid back. The best way I can describe H-100 for now, is that it has the airiness and extension Phonak PFE112 and almost the same level of bass punch of Atrio MG7.
Edited by ClieOS - 10/12/12 at 7:42pm
post #35 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post


As far as overall presentation goes, I guess it is similar to the new beyerdynamic XP3, but XP3 is a little more laid back. The best way I can describe H-100 for now, is that it has the airiness and extension Phonak PFE112 and almost the same level of bass punch of Atrio MG7.

 

I very much like that you refer to the treble airiness and extension of the PFE112, sounds all good to me and combined with a decent bass presentation that's not too overwhelming. 

 

How's the mid range presentation, not too recessed, I hope. By the way do you know what type of single BA driver the H-100 uses? A Knowles Siren driver would be my first guess?


Edited by Jupiterknight - 10/12/12 at 8:44pm
post #36 of 1258
The mid isn't recessed at all, but not particularly forward as well. It is well placed to give space but not distanced enough to hurt intimacy. Don't know what driver it uses, but definitely not a Siren since Siren must be rounded and the one in H-100 is the typical boxed shaped. It is not a dual driver so not TWFK as well. But the treble performance does rival any TWFK I have heard.
post #37 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

The mid isn't recessed at all, but not particularly forward as well. It is well placed to give space but not distanced enough to hurt intimacy. Don't know what driver it uses, but definitely not a Siren since Siren must be rounded and the one in H-100 is the typical boxed shaped. It is not a dual driver so not TWFK as well. But the treble performance does rival any TWFK I have heard.

 

You're absolutely right. The Siren is tubular shaped. I believe that Knowles have a few other single drivers that are are boxed shaped, I actually think I recall one of them also carries a 60 Ohm like the specifications of the H-100. 

post #38 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiterknight View Post

You're absolutely right. The Siren is tubular shaped. I believe that Knowles have a few other single drivers that are are boxed shaped, I actually think I recall one of them also carries a 60 Ohm like the specifications of the H-100. 

Actually the spec on their site is misquoted. The actual impedance is a nice 32ohm @ 1kHz. Still you can't tell which BA they used from it since it is the impedance of the crossover circuit and not directly from the BA.
post #39 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post


Actually the spec on their site is misquoted. The actual impedance is a nice 32ohm @ 1kHz. Still you can't tell which BA they used from it since it is the impedance of the crossover circuit and not directly from the BA.

 

I guess I just have to take my unit apart when it arrives to find out and I may still be confused :-)

post #40 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post


As far as overall presentation goes, I guess it is similar to the new beyerdynamic XP3, but XP3 is a little more laid back. The best way I can describe H-100 for now, is that it has the airiness and extension Phonak PFE112 and almost the same level of bass punch of Atrio MG7.

you have heard the new XP3! What do you think of it, its nice right! I have a review on here some where ;)

post #41 of 1258

how do they perform in soundstage and separation?

post #42 of 1258

@clieos when wil you be adding a review to iematters?

post #43 of 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

you have heard the new XP3! What do you think of it, its nice right! I have a review on here some where wink.gif
Yes, the XP series is rather good for their price tag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofastreamer View Post

how do they perform in soundstage and separation?
Really good in both accounts..
Quote:
Originally Posted by turgid View Post

@clieos when wil you be adding a review to iematters?
Not any time soon. I have a very long list of IEM that need to be reviewed.
post #44 of 1258
i am forced to click the button, but one last question: they do not resample the super fi 5 eb , do they? highs are not too hot i hope.
post #45 of 1258
It is bright and crisp, bit not hot or edgy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread