Originally Posted by Vlooienuker
Guess what guys? My C3 just arrived! I was drooling at the box and am still shocked at the weight of this baby. Not much comes in the box, not even a charger albeit lucky enough I have one in my draw. When I tried to put in my SD card I believe I almost broke it... I was putting it in upsidedown and it wouldnt go in and it eventually got stuck in there and thats when I panicked! Had to use pliers to pull it out lol. Its fine now though. I guess I was too excited to use it, or, just careless. This thing takes AGES to transfer music into it and my collection is still going in right now. Before I put my whole collection in there, I put a few songs from Netsky, Armin Van Buuren and Florence + The Machine. In all honesty, I'm not too impressed, the mids do come out a lot but it makes my H-100 boring... And thats with or without the Ohm adapter. The buttons are a bi*ch to get use to and it seems so slow and hard to go through all my music. My S9 is a breeze, it just slides through all the artists but still you have to keep tapping the buttons and it takes forever. Albeit this is only since I am not use to the device yet. No optimized charging? I tried to do it but it wont work. It just says "USB connected". I have yet to try the EQ albeit people are telling me not to use it. And the 3.5mm jack is on an angle when you plug it in. No radio. And how do I go into hold mode?
Your big day arrived Vlooienuker!!
Arighty, lets try and sort this out for you.
1) For your first main transfer of several files use a card reader, the transfer speed will be much faster from your computer. Once you have the card loaded with your collection adding or removing an album is much easier from the players USB. It's just that first time you want to use a computer (or yes it will take ages)
2) The buttons do scroll, hold your finger down instead of tapping, the menu will accelerate which ever way you're holding, (it starts moving rather fast too)
3) No there is not a radio, this is an audiophile focused player for music
4) Yes, you can use the device while charging. but only from a wall outlet, if you're plugged into a computer C3 will launch into USB transfer mode only. To use this feature you must plug device into a wall charger. The player will boot then briefly the menu appears, after about 5 seconds you will be given an option to choose "power only" or 'power & play"
5) To open up the menu and EQ hold down the button that looks like a square made of dots. (right hand side) Try the Rock EQ for a little while it sounds a little like BBE but this is only to get a feel for the player. This player excels on normal EQ, It's just the artificial BBE you've come from is giving an illusion of better SQ
6) You have come from Cowons artificial BBE enhancements, exactly the same S9 as me. On my first listen to C3 I too was underwhelmed mainly because I was using BBE +8, and you need time to adjust to this, that's why I said yesterday "you must learn what C3 is trying to tell you" The reason the player hasn't jumped out and smacked you in the face is because of that BBE you've been listening too. Your ears are so accustom to that artificial sound they're shocked to hear a flat setting (don't worry exactly the same happened to me) . This is what audiophile listening is about, a flat setting 'natural' and in time you will understand what we're all hearing from this pairing. Look past the clarity and fake enhancements. Listen to the music, instead of expecting something that's not there find the differences and accept them, take them in.
Give it time grasshopper, give it time.... Edited by H20Fidelity - 12/12/12 at 8:57pm