New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TF10's not working properly

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

So today I noticed that the right driver on my TF10s is sounding VERY quiet.  The left driver still sounds just fine, but the right driver is maybe 30% of the volume of the left even at max volume.  Tried them with both my cell phone and my D3, same problem with both sources.  I have made sure to take good care of these IEMs (always in the case when not being used, never tugged on, etc).  Might this be an issue with the actual driver itself or the cable?  I got them back in the spring time (about April) this year.  Should I send them in and/or contact customer service and hope the fix/replace them?

 

Looks like I will just have to use my 325is to listen to music while I up at school...looks like I will be distrupting the peace and quiet until I get this resolved! lol

post #2 of 10

Try switching the cables around (left side on right IEM and right on Left IEM) and see if the problem is still there. And hope that the problem switched to the left IEM cause then its just a cable issue and not a driver issue.

post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 

 Just did this, still weak frown.gif
 

post #4 of 10

Next step would be to check if the weak side is clogged with something and then the dreaded contact warranty support. 

post #5 of 10
I had the exact same problem about a month ago with my TF10 reshells from Inearz. I sent them in and they said I had a bad bass driver in the right ear. They ended up replacing both base drivers (right and left) for a balanced sound. They sound great now. My guess is that you have a driver that has failed.
post #6 of 10

Do you mind me asking how much that was and if they sounded different than the originals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steter View Post

I had the exact same problem about a month ago with my TF10 reshells from Inearz. I sent them in and they said I had a bad bass driver in the right ear. They ended up replacing both base drivers (right and left) for a balanced sound. They sound great now. My guess is that you have a driver that has failed.
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alv4426 View Post

Do you mind me asking how much that was and if they sounded different than the originals?

 

To change out both drivers it was $50, but remember they did the original reshell to customs, so I think they gave me a deal. They sound excellent, very close to the originals. By the way, the reshell was excellent. I love having custom TF10's.
post #8 of 10

Cool, I might make my TF10 customs one day (if they break on me) Ive had no issues with them in the 2 years Ive had them. To the OP looks like this is an opition you could look into if UE Logitech doesnt want to help.

post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alv4426 View Post

Cool, I might make my TF10 customs one day (if they break on me) Ive had no issues with them in the 2 years Ive had them. To the OP looks like this is an opition you could look into if UE Logitech doesnt want to help.

 

Be sure to make it a TF10X4 to bring forth the recessed mids. I've heard good things about a TF10 re-shell, but I've heard GREAT things about a TF10X4 with an added mid driver  etysmile.gif

post #10 of 10

I've had my TF10's for about a week now and the right driver was doing the same thing.  At higher volumes it seemed to be about 30% of the left driver.  I thought it was just the video on youtube so I changed videos and it didn't fix it.  I opened up pandora and both worked just fine.  I watched another video on youtube and they both have been working fine for about a day now.  I'm not sure if it was just the videos I was watching or if the driver is going out.

 

- Destin

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: