I can't wait to hear reports about what this sound like. I have very little regard for the way something looks when it comes to audio. If I could try the new Jecklins and afford them, the way they look wouldn't hinder me in the least. I want sound and a modicum of comfort. Then again, HE-500s are my main headphone now, so even comfort can be negotiable.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE215 - RANTING! READ THIS BEFORE BUYING WRONG HEADPHONES or IEM Last post on 12/23/13 at 5:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Last post on 7/17/14 at 3:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
JPS Labs Abyss - Page 13post #181 of 2074/15/13 at 7:36am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #182 of 2074/15/13 at 5:32pm
This quite frankly, sucks bad. $6000 bucks for the cans, and $5000 for the Cavalli LF VS. $700 for my HE-5Le, and $450 for my Lyr, with maybe $200 in tubes, and the 5Le wins for sure, no doubt.post #183 of 2074/15/13 at 9:12pmpost #184 of 2074/16/13 at 4:37amQuote:
Are you saying that because you heard it and it sounds worse (or not significantly better) than your setup, or is that just conjecture?post #185 of 2074/16/13 at 5:41am
First of all its great too see impressions coming in.
I have to say things wrote in the likes of the Luxactic article are just hilarious as are some of the websites claims.....
Edited by Swimsonny - 4/16/13 at 5:43ampost #186 of 2074/16/13 at 7:06amQuote:
Regarding the amp, it's the Cavalli Liquid Gold aka LAu, not the Liquid Fire. If you're going to talk authoritatively about products you've never actually listen to, at least take a moment to get the nomenclature right.post #187 of 2074/16/13 at 7:09ampost #188 of 2074/16/13 at 7:20am
Sorry, i didn't mean they sounded bad, they just weren't significantly better. I prefered my setup due to the great difference in cost is what I meant.
And sorry he just told me it was a Cavalli, so I assumed it was the LF :/
post #189 of 2074/16/13 at 7:22ampost #190 of 2074/16/13 at 7:32ampost #191 of 2074/16/13 at 7:39am
How loud would you say that area was at the show? Another member mentioned it was hard to form any impression because of the noise level. I had a similar issue at Axpona (besides for fit problems) which is why I haven't mentioned how I thought they sounded here.post #192 of 2074/16/13 at 7:49ampost #193 of 2074/16/13 at 7:49amQuote:
It was loud, but, I didn't have any problems judging any other headphones at the meet really, but i'm sure external noise played some role in my opinionpost #194 of 2074/16/13 at 7:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Radio_head
I think he heard the Abyss at the NY show, otherwise this post would make zero sense.
My bad. I mistook the post for a trolling attempt because it seemed like a rather left-field comparison to make. Seems to me like the Lyr and LAu are two distinct markets, and both are really good amps IMHO for what they are.
I mean the Lyr is good for the money, but In terms of absolute sonics I personally think the LAu wipes the floor with it. Whether that difference justifies the expense is another story, of course. So I see the OP's point as far as perceived value goes.
Edited by MuppetFace - 4/16/13 at 7:57ampost #195 of 2074/16/13 at 8:01am
Using the standard dogfighting analogy, the Lyr is like a chihuahua on steroids. It will rip apart any other small dog with it's tenacity and penchant for barking with a spanish accent. The Lau is like the motherfrackin' Hound of the Baskervilles.
- JPS Labs Abyss
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 second ago
- › Eating burger with fork and knife? 2 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 10 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (Impressions of DN-2000,... 56 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 1 minute ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 1 minute ago
- › AKG K550 Black, used but in very good condition 1 minute ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 1 minute ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)