I can't wait to hear reports about what this sound like. I have very little regard for the way something looks when it comes to audio. If I could try the new Jecklins and afford them, the way they look wouldn't hinder me in the least. I want sound and a modicum of comfort. Then again, HE-500s are my main headphone now, so even comfort can be negotiable.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
JPS Labs Abyss - Page 13post #181 of 2074/15/13 at 7:36ampost #182 of 2074/15/13 at 5:32pm
This quite frankly, sucks bad. $6000 bucks for the cans, and $5000 for the Cavalli LF VS. $700 for my HE-5Le, and $450 for my Lyr, with maybe $200 in tubes, and the 5Le wins for sure, no doubt.post #183 of 2074/15/13 at 9:12pmpost #184 of 2074/16/13 at 4:37amQuote:
Are you saying that because you heard it and it sounds worse (or not significantly better) than your setup, or is that just conjecture?post #185 of 2074/16/13 at 5:41am
First of all its great too see impressions coming in.
I have to say things wrote in the likes of the Luxactic article are just hilarious as are some of the websites claims.....
Edited by Swimsonny - 4/16/13 at 5:43ampost #186 of 2074/16/13 at 7:06amQuote:
Regarding the amp, it's the Cavalli Liquid Gold aka LAu, not the Liquid Fire. If you're going to talk authoritatively about products you've never actually listen to, at least take a moment to get the nomenclature right.post #187 of 2074/16/13 at 7:09ampost #188 of 2074/16/13 at 7:20am
Sorry, i didn't mean they sounded bad, they just weren't significantly better. I prefered my setup due to the great difference in cost is what I meant.
And sorry he just told me it was a Cavalli, so I assumed it was the LF :/
post #189 of 2074/16/13 at 7:22ampost #190 of 2074/16/13 at 7:32ampost #191 of 2074/16/13 at 7:39am
How loud would you say that area was at the show? Another member mentioned it was hard to form any impression because of the noise level. I had a similar issue at Axpona (besides for fit problems) which is why I haven't mentioned how I thought they sounded here.post #192 of 2074/16/13 at 7:49ampost #193 of 2074/16/13 at 7:49amQuote:
It was loud, but, I didn't have any problems judging any other headphones at the meet really, but i'm sure external noise played some role in my opinionpost #194 of 2074/16/13 at 7:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Radio_head
I think he heard the Abyss at the NY show, otherwise this post would make zero sense.
My bad. I mistook the post for a trolling attempt because it seemed like a rather left-field comparison to make. Seems to me like the Lyr and LAu are two distinct markets, and both are really good amps IMHO for what they are.
I mean the Lyr is good for the money, but In terms of absolute sonics I personally think the LAu wipes the floor with it. Whether that difference justifies the expense is another story, of course. So I see the OP's point as far as perceived value goes.
Edited by MuppetFace - 4/16/13 at 7:57ampost #195 of 2074/16/13 at 8:01am
Using the standard dogfighting analogy, the Lyr is like a chihuahua on steroids. It will rip apart any other small dog with it's tenacity and penchant for barking with a spanish accent. The Lau is like the motherfrackin' Hound of the Baskervilles.
- JPS Labs Abyss
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 55 seconds ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 1 minute ago
- › KENNERTON VALI - IMPRESSIONS, DISCUSSION, TOUR 1 minute ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] InEar SD-2, a $450 dual driver IEM worth every penny to my... 6 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 8 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 10 minutes ago
- › Metrum Pavane 11 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 11 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...