I can't wait to hear reports about what this sound like. I have very little regard for the way something looks when it comes to audio. If I could try the new Jecklins and afford them, the way they look wouldn't hinder me in the least. I want sound and a modicum of comfort. Then again, HE-500s are my main headphone now, so even comfort can be negotiable.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE215 - RANTING! READ THIS BEFORE BUYING WRONG HEADPHONES or IEM Last post on 12/23/13 at 5:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Last post on 9/9/14 at 1:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
JPS Labs Abyss - Page 13post #181 of 2074/15/13 at 7:36am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #182 of 2074/15/13 at 5:32pm
This quite frankly, sucks bad. $6000 bucks for the cans, and $5000 for the Cavalli LF VS. $700 for my HE-5Le, and $450 for my Lyr, with maybe $200 in tubes, and the 5Le wins for sure, no doubt.post #183 of 2074/15/13 at 9:12pmpost #184 of 2074/16/13 at 4:37amQuote:
Are you saying that because you heard it and it sounds worse (or not significantly better) than your setup, or is that just conjecture?post #185 of 2074/16/13 at 5:41am
First of all its great too see impressions coming in.
I have to say things wrote in the likes of the Luxactic article are just hilarious as are some of the websites claims.....
Edited by Swimsonny - 4/16/13 at 5:43ampost #186 of 2074/16/13 at 7:06amQuote:
Regarding the amp, it's the Cavalli Liquid Gold aka LAu, not the Liquid Fire. If you're going to talk authoritatively about products you've never actually listen to, at least take a moment to get the nomenclature right.post #187 of 2074/16/13 at 7:09ampost #188 of 2074/16/13 at 7:20am
Sorry, i didn't mean they sounded bad, they just weren't significantly better. I prefered my setup due to the great difference in cost is what I meant.
And sorry he just told me it was a Cavalli, so I assumed it was the LF :/
post #189 of 2074/16/13 at 7:22ampost #190 of 2074/16/13 at 7:32ampost #191 of 2074/16/13 at 7:39am
How loud would you say that area was at the show? Another member mentioned it was hard to form any impression because of the noise level. I had a similar issue at Axpona (besides for fit problems) which is why I haven't mentioned how I thought they sounded here.post #192 of 2074/16/13 at 7:49ampost #193 of 2074/16/13 at 7:49amQuote:
It was loud, but, I didn't have any problems judging any other headphones at the meet really, but i'm sure external noise played some role in my opinionpost #194 of 2074/16/13 at 7:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Radio_head
I think he heard the Abyss at the NY show, otherwise this post would make zero sense.
My bad. I mistook the post for a trolling attempt because it seemed like a rather left-field comparison to make. Seems to me like the Lyr and LAu are two distinct markets, and both are really good amps IMHO for what they are.
I mean the Lyr is good for the money, but In terms of absolute sonics I personally think the LAu wipes the floor with it. Whether that difference justifies the expense is another story, of course. So I see the OP's point as far as perceived value goes.
Edited by MuppetFace - 4/16/13 at 7:57ampost #195 of 2074/16/13 at 8:01am
Using the standard dogfighting analogy, the Lyr is like a chihuahua on steroids. It will rip apart any other small dog with it's tenacity and penchant for barking with a spanish accent. The Lau is like the motherfrackin' Hound of the Baskervilles.
- JPS Labs Abyss
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audio GD Master 10 12 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 13 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › thread for fun...do you see your hearing getting lost in the future? 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)