I can't wait to hear reports about what this sound like. I have very little regard for the way something looks when it comes to audio. If I could try the new Jecklins and afford them, the way they look wouldn't hinder me in the least. I want sound and a modicum of comfort. Then again, HE-500s are my main headphone now, so even comfort can be negotiable.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
JPS Labs Abyss - Page 13post #181 of 2074/15/13 at 7:36am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #182 of 2074/15/13 at 5:32pm
This quite frankly, sucks bad. $6000 bucks for the cans, and $5000 for the Cavalli LF VS. $700 for my HE-5Le, and $450 for my Lyr, with maybe $200 in tubes, and the 5Le wins for sure, no doubt.post #183 of 2074/15/13 at 9:12pmpost #184 of 2074/16/13 at 4:37amQuote:
Are you saying that because you heard it and it sounds worse (or not significantly better) than your setup, or is that just conjecture?post #185 of 2074/16/13 at 5:41am
First of all its great too see impressions coming in.
I have to say things wrote in the likes of the Luxactic article are just hilarious as are some of the websites claims.....
Edited by Swimsonny - 4/16/13 at 5:43ampost #186 of 2074/16/13 at 7:06amQuote:
Regarding the amp, it's the Cavalli Liquid Gold aka LAu, not the Liquid Fire. If you're going to talk authoritatively about products you've never actually listen to, at least take a moment to get the nomenclature right.post #187 of 2074/16/13 at 7:09ampost #188 of 2074/16/13 at 7:20am
Sorry, i didn't mean they sounded bad, they just weren't significantly better. I prefered my setup due to the great difference in cost is what I meant.
And sorry he just told me it was a Cavalli, so I assumed it was the LF :/
post #189 of 2074/16/13 at 7:22ampost #190 of 2074/16/13 at 7:32ampost #191 of 2074/16/13 at 7:39am
How loud would you say that area was at the show? Another member mentioned it was hard to form any impression because of the noise level. I had a similar issue at Axpona (besides for fit problems) which is why I haven't mentioned how I thought they sounded here.post #192 of 2074/16/13 at 7:49ampost #193 of 2074/16/13 at 7:49amQuote:
It was loud, but, I didn't have any problems judging any other headphones at the meet really, but i'm sure external noise played some role in my opinionpost #194 of 2074/16/13 at 7:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Radio_head
I think he heard the Abyss at the NY show, otherwise this post would make zero sense.
My bad. I mistook the post for a trolling attempt because it seemed like a rather left-field comparison to make. Seems to me like the Lyr and LAu are two distinct markets, and both are really good amps IMHO for what they are.
I mean the Lyr is good for the money, but In terms of absolute sonics I personally think the LAu wipes the floor with it. Whether that difference justifies the expense is another story, of course. So I see the OP's point as far as perceived value goes.
Edited by MuppetFace - 4/16/13 at 7:57ampost #195 of 2074/16/13 at 8:01am
Using the standard dogfighting analogy, the Lyr is like a chihuahua on steroids. It will rip apart any other small dog with it's tenacity and penchant for barking with a spanish accent. The Lau is like the motherfrackin' Hound of the Baskervilles.
- JPS Labs Abyss
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 15 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 40 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 41 seconds ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 44 seconds ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...