Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JPS Labs Abyss
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JPS Labs Abyss - Page 11

post #151 of 207

I know it's all about the sound but......really?!?!?!

 

Were these actually moulded from Boris Karloff's head?

post #152 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrow View Post


I never said I was a limp neck head-fier lol.

Just stating that your assumption of these being light in weight is false; they are by far one of the heaviest headphones around.

post #153 of 207

The headband suspension system mitigates most of the weight. If anything I wish the prototype had more clamping force, as the frame was a tad too wide.

 

The cups do look better and the metalwork was already very impressive on the prototype. I'm sure 6moons will love it.

post #154 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by anetode View Post

The headband suspension system mitigates most of the weight. If anything I wish the prototype had more clamping force, as the frame was a tad too wide.

 

The cups do look better and the metalwork was already very impressive on the prototype. I'm sure 6moons will love it.

 

 

That might just sum up this whole product, for better or for worse.

post #155 of 207
post #156 of 207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by anetode View Post

Something looks familiar...

What looks familiar?

post #157 of 207
Thread Starter 

I have just been enlightened by a fellow headfier, it's the stand i should have been looking at.

post #158 of 207

Makes my - bought in 1973 for £19 ($25?) -  Wharfedale Isodynamics seem a bargain -as they've lasted until now!

 

Though £19 WAS about a weeks wages then!

 

I'm sticking!

post #159 of 207

A loan program will be great!!

post #160 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post

A loan program will be great!!

This!

post #161 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post

A loan program will be great!!


The Cable Company does have it in their headphone loaner program. It is a 5% deposit plus shipping costs for roughly 10 days but at least 2 weekends. The 5% is given back as store credit.
Edited by Audio Addict - 4/11/13 at 4:57pm
post #162 of 207
Thread Starter 

I am suprised JPS don't make cables for other headphones. Would be interesting to know how much of the $5000 is attributed to the cable as they are primarily cable makers.

post #163 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Addict View Post


The Cable Company does have it in their headphone loaner program. It is a 5% deposit plus shipping costs for roughly 10 days but at least 2 weekends. The 5% is given back as store credit.

 

A loan program will be beneficial to everyone. How much will be the 5%?

post #164 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post

 

A loan program will be beneficial to everyone. How much will be the 5%?

Presumably that's 5% of the cost of the Abyss, plus shipping, so around $300 I think? Not cheap lol.

post #165 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Presumably that's 5% of the cost of the Abyss, plus shipping, so around $300 I think? Not cheap lol.

 

Wow, sounds more like a rental program. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JPS Labs Abyss