- 3,825 Posts. Joined 6/2011
- Location: Chicago
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 2/17/15 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
JPS Labs Abyss - Page 10post #136 of 2073/12/13 at 5:27pmQuote:I've got just the thing!
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #137 of 2073/24/13 at 8:34ampost #138 of 2073/24/13 at 8:59ampost #139 of 2073/24/13 at 9:01ampost #140 of 2073/24/13 at 11:46ampost #141 of 2073/27/13 at 2:16am
Indeed, the Abyss logo designer was definitely clued in on the trends of fading tattoos found on hairy middle aged rock enthusiasts. The frame's design is worthy of Stax's finest late 70s research. And the headphone hanger is almost as shiny as a Woo while embracing the design ethos of the finest Home Depot garage hooks.post #142 of 2073/27/13 at 11:44amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by anetode
Indeed, the Abyss logo designer was definitely clued in on the trends of fading tattoos found on hairy middle aged rock enthusiasts. The frame's design is worthy of Stax's finest late 70s research. And the headphone hanger is almost as shiny as a Woo while embracing the design ethos of the finest Home Depot garage hooks.
Lol, funny. Joking apart though, they look like they would last a life time. Mind you so would the payments.post #143 of 2073/27/13 at 2:44pmpost #144 of 2073/27/13 at 3:07pmThread Starterpost #145 of 2073/27/13 at 3:13pmpost #146 of 2073/27/13 at 3:25pmQuote:
on the bright side they look light, so all the limp neck head-fiers wont have to prop their head up to listen to them like the LCD-2 and Hifimans.post #147 of 2073/27/13 at 4:42pmQuote:
LOL you'll be in for a nasty surprise then. These are by far heavier than any Audeze or Hifiman. They (Abyss) weigh a whopping 660g without cable (HE500 or LCD2 are more around 500g).post #148 of 2073/27/13 at 4:49pmpost #149 of 2073/27/13 at 5:00pmQuote:
The thick all-metal chassis...plus the magnet might be cumbersome for all we know. Anyway these will figuratively weigh a ton.post #150 of 2073/27/13 at 5:28pmQuote:
I never said I was a limp neck head-fier lol.
- JPS Labs Abyss
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 34 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 45 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 57 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The State of the Flagships 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2