Anyone from JPS listening. I would love to give these a test drive and review .
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE215 - RANTING! READ THIS BEFORE BUYING WRONG HEADPHONES or IEM Last post on 12/23/13 at 5:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Last post on Yesterday at 9:13 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Speakers vs Headphones Last post on 6/10/13 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
JPS Labs Abyss - Page 9post #121 of 20711/10/12 at 1:50am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 20711/15/12 at 6:34pmpost #123 of 20711/15/12 at 8:21pm
They look weird on someone's head. Looks to be a total novelty headphone basically.
The headphone was there. Why no impressions?
Very best,post #124 of 20711/15/12 at 9:20pmpost #125 of 2073/9/13 at 2:29pmThe Cable Company had the final preproduction at Axpona. They said it would be included in their headphone lending library. I got the impression the production comes out the end of March. It was too crowded and noisey in the Axpona vendor area to comment on them. The final price is $5,495.
Edited by Audio Addict - 3/9/13 at 2:30pmpost #126 of 2073/11/13 at 11:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Audio Addict
The Cable Company had the final preproduction at Axpona. They said it would be included in their headphone lending library. I got the impression the production comes out the end of March. It was too crowded and noisey in the Axpona vendor area to comment on them. The final price is $5,495.
Wow... 5,5K.... Do they pour magic powder into these or what?post #127 of 2073/11/13 at 1:13pmpost #128 of 2073/11/13 at 1:43pmpost #129 of 2073/11/13 at 2:10pm
Going by the specs:
Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 28 KHz
Impedance: 46 ohms nominal (non-reactive)
Sensitivity: 85 dB
Distortion: Less than 1%; Less than 0.2% through ears most sensitive range
Weight: 660 grams (without cable)
It will be another HE-6, but even heavier
The frequency response should have extended even higher IMO. 28 Khz is quite the standard for all headphones.
I would very much want a Abbys vs HE-6 vs LCD-3 vs HD800 vs T1 vs ... shootout :D or one at a time at least.post #130 of 2073/11/13 at 2:16pmpost #131 of 2073/11/13 at 3:07pmpost #132 of 2073/11/13 at 4:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by disastermouse
The planar landscape isn't what it used to be even when Audez'e and HiFiMan started. They didn't have to compete with $300 Mad Dogs for their first outings. Audez'e and HiFiMan are putting out more refined products that erase the stumbles of their prototyping. I don't see how a cable company can release an early design at a premium price point at all, let alone one that competes in the price range of a Stax headliner.
+1. Well, we can't say anything until we hear 'em but I highly doubt that they will compete with the SR-009, an electrostat vs a planar magnetic (both use planar technology to be exact).post #133 of 2073/11/13 at 5:18pm
It's even more expensive than the previous annoucement but at least it looks much better built and serious than the prototype with the spiderweb whatever special sound diffracting outer grill... Would be curious to hear.post #134 of 2073/12/13 at 12:46pm
I have a feeling that these are going to end up just like the Muramasa VIII: a few lucky people will hear them in a crowded convention room, a few will be sold, then the company will give up and go back to their more traditional business.
I hope in all honesty that they're a new standard in headphone audio (let's face it, the SR009 is getting a bit boring to look at), but I fear that they'll just be a bomb.
- JPS Labs Abyss
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Android phones and USB DACs 36 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 40 seconds ago
- › DT990 Pro 250ohm + Sound Blaster Z - Do I need an amp or no? 43 seconds ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 56 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › Sport inears for running and skiing ($80) 1 minute ago
- › iCAN Amp Review: A New Amp that Gives You More: More Bass, More... 2 minutes ago
- › cans i never use / for sale 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude