Anyone from JPS listening. I would love to give these a test drive and review .
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
JPS Labs Abyss - Page 9post #121 of 20711/10/12 at 1:50am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 20711/15/12 at 6:34pmpost #123 of 20711/15/12 at 8:21pm
They look weird on someone's head. Looks to be a total novelty headphone basically.
The headphone was there. Why no impressions?
Very best,post #124 of 20711/15/12 at 9:20pmpost #125 of 2073/9/13 at 2:29pmThe Cable Company had the final preproduction at Axpona. They said it would be included in their headphone lending library. I got the impression the production comes out the end of March. It was too crowded and noisey in the Axpona vendor area to comment on them. The final price is $5,495.
Edited by Audio Addict - 3/9/13 at 2:30pmpost #126 of 2073/11/13 at 11:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Audio Addict
The Cable Company had the final preproduction at Axpona. They said it would be included in their headphone lending library. I got the impression the production comes out the end of March. It was too crowded and noisey in the Axpona vendor area to comment on them. The final price is $5,495.
Wow... 5,5K.... Do they pour magic powder into these or what?post #127 of 2073/11/13 at 1:13pmpost #128 of 2073/11/13 at 1:43pmpost #129 of 2073/11/13 at 2:10pm
Going by the specs:
Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 28 KHz
Impedance: 46 ohms nominal (non-reactive)
Sensitivity: 85 dB
Distortion: Less than 1%; Less than 0.2% through ears most sensitive range
Weight: 660 grams (without cable)
It will be another HE-6, but even heavier
The frequency response should have extended even higher IMO. 28 Khz is quite the standard for all headphones.
I would very much want a Abbys vs HE-6 vs LCD-3 vs HD800 vs T1 vs ... shootout :D or one at a time at least.post #130 of 2073/11/13 at 2:16pmpost #131 of 2073/11/13 at 3:07pmpost #132 of 2073/11/13 at 4:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by disastermouse
The planar landscape isn't what it used to be even when Audez'e and HiFiMan started. They didn't have to compete with $300 Mad Dogs for their first outings. Audez'e and HiFiMan are putting out more refined products that erase the stumbles of their prototyping. I don't see how a cable company can release an early design at a premium price point at all, let alone one that competes in the price range of a Stax headliner.
+1. Well, we can't say anything until we hear 'em but I highly doubt that they will compete with the SR-009, an electrostat vs a planar magnetic (both use planar technology to be exact).post #133 of 2073/11/13 at 5:18pm
It's even more expensive than the previous annoucement but at least it looks much better built and serious than the prototype with the spiderweb whatever special sound diffracting outer grill... Would be curious to hear.post #134 of 2073/12/13 at 12:46pm
I have a feeling that these are going to end up just like the Muramasa VIII: a few lucky people will hear them in a crowded convention room, a few will be sold, then the company will give up and go back to their more traditional business.
I hope in all honesty that they're a new standard in headphone audio (let's face it, the SR009 is getting a bit boring to look at), but I fear that they'll just be a bomb.
- JPS Labs Abyss
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 3 headphones, i want bass, easy question 1 minute ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 2 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear