Anyone from JPS listening. I would love to give these a test drive and review .
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- Using Headphones with Spectacles Last post on 11/17/14 at 7:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Your Recs Needed: $300 is Bluetooth Headphones that are Sweet and Devine... Last post on 11/14/14 at 12:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question about open back headphones, buying used, and modmic use. Last post on 11/14/14 at 10:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Euphonic High-End Headphones Last post on 11/12/14 at 9:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for headphone for my commute Last post on 11/3/14 at 5:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
JPS Labs Abyss - Page 9post #121 of 20711/10/12 at 1:50am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 20711/15/12 at 6:34pmpost #123 of 20711/15/12 at 8:21pm
They look weird on someone's head. Looks to be a total novelty headphone basically.
The headphone was there. Why no impressions?
Very best,post #124 of 20711/15/12 at 9:20pmpost #125 of 2073/9/13 at 2:29pmThe Cable Company had the final preproduction at Axpona. They said it would be included in their headphone lending library. I got the impression the production comes out the end of March. It was too crowded and noisey in the Axpona vendor area to comment on them. The final price is $5,495.
Edited by Audio Addict - 3/9/13 at 2:30pmpost #126 of 2073/11/13 at 11:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Audio Addict
The Cable Company had the final preproduction at Axpona. They said it would be included in their headphone lending library. I got the impression the production comes out the end of March. It was too crowded and noisey in the Axpona vendor area to comment on them. The final price is $5,495.
Wow... 5,5K.... Do they pour magic powder into these or what?post #127 of 2073/11/13 at 1:13pmpost #128 of 2073/11/13 at 1:43pmpost #129 of 2073/11/13 at 2:10pm
Going by the specs:
Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 28 KHz
Impedance: 46 ohms nominal (non-reactive)
Sensitivity: 85 dB
Distortion: Less than 1%; Less than 0.2% through ears most sensitive range
Weight: 660 grams (without cable)
It will be another HE-6, but even heavier
The frequency response should have extended even higher IMO. 28 Khz is quite the standard for all headphones.
I would very much want a Abbys vs HE-6 vs LCD-3 vs HD800 vs T1 vs ... shootout :D or one at a time at least.post #130 of 2073/11/13 at 2:16pmpost #131 of 2073/11/13 at 3:07pmpost #132 of 2073/11/13 at 4:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by disastermouse
The planar landscape isn't what it used to be even when Audez'e and HiFiMan started. They didn't have to compete with $300 Mad Dogs for their first outings. Audez'e and HiFiMan are putting out more refined products that erase the stumbles of their prototyping. I don't see how a cable company can release an early design at a premium price point at all, let alone one that competes in the price range of a Stax headliner.
+1. Well, we can't say anything until we hear 'em but I highly doubt that they will compete with the SR-009, an electrostat vs a planar magnetic (both use planar technology to be exact).post #133 of 2073/11/13 at 5:18pm
It's even more expensive than the previous annoucement but at least it looks much better built and serious than the prototype with the spiderweb whatever special sound diffracting outer grill... Would be curious to hear.post #134 of 2073/12/13 at 12:46pm
I have a feeling that these are going to end up just like the Muramasa VIII: a few lucky people will hear them in a crowded convention room, a few will be sold, then the company will give up and go back to their more traditional business.
I hope in all honesty that they're a new standard in headphone audio (let's face it, the SR009 is getting a bit boring to look at), but I fear that they'll just be a bomb.
- JPS Labs Abyss
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Need help to replace my Beyerdynamic DT-990 33 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Valhalla has been shipped......reviews, impressions and... 2 minutes ago
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 2 minutes ago
- › Hello everyone, can you help me identify these IEMS? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › Stax 007 Omega II MK.I 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › DITA Audio The Answer by twister6
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)