Anyone from JPS listening. I would love to give these a test drive and review .
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE215 - RANTING! READ THIS BEFORE BUYING WRONG HEADPHONES or IEM Last post on 12/23/13 at 5:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Last post on 9/27/14 at 12:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
JPS Labs Abyss - Page 9post #121 of 20711/10/12 at 1:50am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 20711/15/12 at 6:34pmpost #123 of 20711/15/12 at 8:21pm
They look weird on someone's head. Looks to be a total novelty headphone basically.
The headphone was there. Why no impressions?
Very best,post #124 of 20711/15/12 at 9:20pmpost #125 of 2073/9/13 at 2:29pmThe Cable Company had the final preproduction at Axpona. They said it would be included in their headphone lending library. I got the impression the production comes out the end of March. It was too crowded and noisey in the Axpona vendor area to comment on them. The final price is $5,495.
Edited by Audio Addict - 3/9/13 at 2:30pmpost #126 of 2073/11/13 at 11:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Audio Addict
The Cable Company had the final preproduction at Axpona. They said it would be included in their headphone lending library. I got the impression the production comes out the end of March. It was too crowded and noisey in the Axpona vendor area to comment on them. The final price is $5,495.
Wow... 5,5K.... Do they pour magic powder into these or what?post #127 of 2073/11/13 at 1:13pmpost #128 of 2073/11/13 at 1:43pmpost #129 of 2073/11/13 at 2:10pm
Going by the specs:
Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 28 KHz
Impedance: 46 ohms nominal (non-reactive)
Sensitivity: 85 dB
Distortion: Less than 1%; Less than 0.2% through ears most sensitive range
Weight: 660 grams (without cable)
It will be another HE-6, but even heavier
The frequency response should have extended even higher IMO. 28 Khz is quite the standard for all headphones.
I would very much want a Abbys vs HE-6 vs LCD-3 vs HD800 vs T1 vs ... shootout :D or one at a time at least.post #130 of 2073/11/13 at 2:16pmpost #131 of 2073/11/13 at 3:07pmpost #132 of 2073/11/13 at 4:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by disastermouse
The planar landscape isn't what it used to be even when Audez'e and HiFiMan started. They didn't have to compete with $300 Mad Dogs for their first outings. Audez'e and HiFiMan are putting out more refined products that erase the stumbles of their prototyping. I don't see how a cable company can release an early design at a premium price point at all, let alone one that competes in the price range of a Stax headliner.
+1. Well, we can't say anything until we hear 'em but I highly doubt that they will compete with the SR-009, an electrostat vs a planar magnetic (both use planar technology to be exact).post #133 of 2073/11/13 at 5:18pm
It's even more expensive than the previous annoucement but at least it looks much better built and serious than the prototype with the spiderweb whatever special sound diffracting outer grill... Would be curious to hear.post #134 of 2073/12/13 at 12:46pm
I have a feeling that these are going to end up just like the Muramasa VIII: a few lucky people will hear them in a crowded convention room, a few will be sold, then the company will give up and go back to their more traditional business.
I hope in all honesty that they're a new standard in headphone audio (let's face it, the SR009 is getting a bit boring to look at), but I fear that they'll just be a bomb.
- JPS Labs Abyss
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What are the best budget dynamic/BA hybrid IEMs? 4 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 21 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 1 minute ago
- › New sound card advice 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Which Upgrade for Tech Dummy 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 1 minute ago
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)