rumbling bass is goood......
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/12
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 10/5/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 10/5/12
- productSony MDR-XB600/B Black | EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 10/5/12
- productSony MDR-XB800tagged by System, 10/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-XB 500 and the Denon AH-D2000....Which has better bass? Last post on 8/19/11 at 10:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony XB series Last post on 5/19/13 at 12:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for EXTREME BASS Last post on 6/23/13 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW! Sony Extra Bass MDR-XB600 & MDR-XB800 unboxing videos Last post on 1/5/14 at 3:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphone Suggestion? Last post on 11/29/15 at 7:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest influences on the audio market was the invention of the operational amplifiers. Compact and inexpensive (mostly) chips allowed to create small and well sounding...
The F7200 is a single balanced armature in ear moniter from the Japanese company Final. Final have been in business since 1974 and in my opinion make some retro looking IEM and full size...
Xb500 Conclusion & XB600-XB800 review. - Page 2post #16 of 5010/3/12 at 12:13am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 5010/3/12 at 3:06ampost #18 of 5010/3/12 at 8:40amQuote:Originally Posted by astroid
MDR-V55 are much better than my old studios, so are the Denon D1100. IMO
to elaborate slightly - the bass on the V55 is deeper whilst the mids are not recessed as they are in the studios , mids are not raped by the bass either.
The studios bass is nicer than the Denons but the Denons trump the studios in mids/treble.
How do the highs on the V55's compare to the XB500's or Studios?post #19 of 5010/3/12 at 9:18am
So I wanted to chime in a little bit. The XB series has an emphasis on bass, but each headphone has a different way of emphasizing it. Example, the XB500 which is a popular recommendation among the forums for having heavy bass impact quantity, but without having excessive bleeding into the mid lows/mids.The higher end of the XB-series will have an emphasis on bass tightness and extension. They're more towards those who want a more accurate portrayal of the original sound which cuts back on that bass-head loved impact.
My point however that I do wish to make: Regardless of how much bass emphasis you put on a headphone, if a song doesn't have bass, there's only so much equipment and EQ that will give it more bass. Simply because the headphone doesn't give a ton of bass impact doesn't make it a bad headphone or justify different prices, it means that the individual has a different taste in sound signatures.
post #20 of 5010/3/12 at 7:06pmThread Starter
Yes. I personally hate beats. I was trying to be nice to those people who burned 300 - 500 dollars on those **** cans. It can be pretty depressing when you get negative feed back after spending that much.post #21 of 5010/3/12 at 7:10pmThread StarterQuote:
That's because you don't like in your face bass. There are different types of bass; Punchy bass like 500 and more refined bass and lower frequency response bass like the higher XB's. I'm into the Punchy bass which is represented by the XB500'spost #22 of 5010/3/12 at 7:26pmThread StarterQuote:
You're right. The bass is just, in my opinion, pointless. It goes to frequencies that aren't necessary. The punchiness of bass is pretty much all there is to bass. Without punchiness, it's just a deep noise, not bass. Bass should have a strong punch and have a little wind to it. XB1000 fails to deliver. Although they aren't bad. They're much better than XB500, but not bass wise.post #23 of 5010/3/12 at 7:28pmLol, your name is heavy bass. The weight of bass comes from those 'pointless' regions of bass, not the mid bass fart cannons like the XB500, which is a mess of midbass.
Try on a pair of D7000 which is more sub bass than midbass, and call it pointless...post #24 of 5010/3/12 at 7:29pmQuote:
Yet, I like the Pro 900 which is a mid bass MONSTER, and makes the XB500 sound like a headphone that ate too much refried bean dip. That's mid bass done right.post #25 of 5010/3/12 at 10:44pmQuote:
LOL it's not really fair to compare a $50-XB500 to a D7000. To give credit where due, having been through a number of bass-forward phones (HFI-780, Pro900, D2000, D5000 to name a few) I still own and occasionally enjoy the XB500. They're fart cannons, there's nothing clean about them, but for that car audio sound there's nothing quite like them.post #26 of 5010/3/12 at 11:44pmpost #27 of 5010/4/12 at 12:08ampost #28 of 5010/4/12 at 10:36amThread StarterQuote:
Don't hate, you have your opinions of bass and I have my own. The D7000's are far better than XB500, but take a look at the price and then try comparing them again. Xb500 has okay SQ with drowned out mids and highs by the excessive sub bass, which is the Xtra bass in XB. This is how wars start, two opinions resulting in conflict. Lets just say D7000's have great SQ and deep bass and XB500 has okay SQ with punchy sub bass. Are we good?post #29 of 5010/4/12 at 11:23amQuote:
How is 60hz and below pointless, by anyone's standards?post #30 of 5010/4/12 at 12:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by heavybass212
Don't hate, you have your opinions of bass and I have my own. The D7000's are far better than XB500, but take a look at the price and then try comparing them again. Xb500 has okay SQ with drowned out mids and highs by the excessive sub bass, which is the Xtra bass in XB. This is how wars start, two opinions resulting in conflict. Lets just say D7000's have great SQ and deep bass and XB500 has okay SQ with punchy sub bass. Are we good?
well subbass will not give you punchyness, its mostly the midbass and some highbass that gives the edge in the bass which gives the punch
subbass is the filling and weight to the bass, so ie a mid and highbassy headphone punches, but with no force, but a headphone with only subbass shakes your head but doesnt hit you, a balance between all 3 aspects will give you tight punchy bass with good impact
- Xb500 Conclusion & XB600-XB800 review.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet! 8 seconds ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload ! 29 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...