Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › 6.55mm slim Android phone with CS4398 DAC - BBK vivo X1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

6.55mm slim Android phone with CS4398 DAC - BBK vivo X1

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

.


Edited by seeteeyou - 11/4/14 at 11:55pm
post #2 of 15

Subscribed

post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
.
Edited by seeteeyou - 11/4/14 at 11:47pm
post #4 of 15

Colorfly CK5 and CK4 also offer CS4398 DAC too i think.

post #5 of 15

I am very interested in this, it even has BBE.

 

This is a Chinese review, where on page 8 I think one can see BBE in the menu: http://www.cnmo.com/reviews/201194.html

post #6 of 15

It looks like an interesting device. I just read the 'engadget' article, and I love the idea of it being geared towards audiophiles. My only potential fears for this product is design, storage, and UI. I only worry about design for this product as it resembles Apple's iPhone 5 and Apple is pretty infamous for filing lawsuits against any company infringing any of their patents (if there actually be any). That being said, I couldn't sacrifice my iPod in substitute for a phone.. at least not yet...

 

Destroysall.

post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroysall View Post

It looks like an interesting device. I just read the 'engadget' article, and I love the idea of it being geared towards audiophiles. My only potential fears for this product is design, storage, and UI. I only worry about design for this product as it resembles Apple's iPhone 5 and Apple is pretty infamous for filing lawsuits against any company infringing any of their patents (if there actually be any). That being said, I couldn't sacrifice my iPod in substitute for a phone.. at least not yet...

 

Destroysall.

 

No SD-card slot sounds not so great. Do not worry about the UI too much, it is an Android device. There are enough Mediaplayers to download. I first thought it will be a quad-core device, but it seems it is not.

post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
.
Edited by seeteeyou - 11/4/14 at 11:47pm
post #9 of 15

 

To be honest, I did not believed that there is a Cirrus highend DAC inside, but well I should trust moretongue.gif. Plus, it seems to be very well buildt.

post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 
.
Edited by seeteeyou - 11/4/14 at 11:46pm
post #11 of 15

I want to sign up for one of those review slots but can not figure how to with all the japanese :/

post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

I want to sign up for one of those review slots but can not figure how to with all the japanese :/

 

I think it's Chinese...I don't think Japan has the Vivo X1.

post #13 of 15

no wonder google translate was struggling, it thought it was japanese :L 

post #14 of 15

I wonder about the output impedance. If it's low, it will be a no-brainer...

post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannLiebert View Post

I wonder about the output impedance. If it's low, it will be a no-brainer...


According to the liaow support its about 12ohm. =(

BUT i think they dont really know what they are talking about.  The beyerdynamic mx 71ie is exactly 12ohm. I think they got it wrong.

Still some hope left for Inear-lovers :D


Edited by JohannLiebert - 12/10/12 at 11:52pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › 6.55mm slim Android phone with CS4398 DAC - BBK vivo X1