Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Need help- no Pre-output/RCA output sound with FiiO E7/E9 Combo
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need help- no Pre-output/RCA output sound with FiiO E7/E9 Combo

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

Hello, I'm relatively inexperienced when it comes to audio gear, so please bear with me. smile.gif

 

I've recently gotten a set of cheap speakers for when I have people round and need to use speakers, instead of my HD 555s that I normally use.

 

I have it set up through USB from computer which goes to the E7/E9 combo. This is where my problem is, as plugging in the 3.5mm connector from the speakers to the Pre-output or using a 3.5mm to RCA adapter to connect to the line out does not do anything. However, the speakers work when I plug the 3.5mm connector into the front of the E9. I've also tried another set of speakers with the rear connectors, and they don't work either.

 

So either the E9 does not allow the E7 to output through the back, or I'm missing something obvious. Any advice would be appreciated.

 

Edit: I also had my headphones unplugged while doing all of this.


Edited by Noupoi - 10/1/12 at 10:58am
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noupoi View Post

Hello, I'm relatively inexperienced when it comes to audio gear, so please bear with me. smile.gif

 

I've recently gotten a set of cheap speakers for when I have people round and need to use speakers, instead of my HD 555s that I normally use.

 

I have it set up through USB from computer which goes to the E7/E9 combo. This is where my problem is, as plugging in the 3.5mm connector from the speakers to the Pre-output or using a 3.5mm to RCA adapter to connect to the line out does not do anything. However, the speakers work when I plug the 3.5mm connector into the front of the E9. I've also tried another set of speakers with the rear connectors, and they don't work either.

 

So either the E9 does not allow the E7 to output through the back, or I'm missing something obvious. Any advice would be appreciated.

 

Edit: I also had my headphones unplugged while doing all of this.

Have you tried telling this problem to Fiio's tech support?

 

Do you have the E09 or E09K?


Edited by PurpleAngel - 10/1/12 at 2:03pm
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Have you tried telling this problem to Fiio's tech support?

 

Do you have the E09 or E09K?


I have the E9.

 

If it's a faulty unit, I'll try and contact FiiO support.

 

Edit: Not too sure about how to contact support though. There's only a "market" email...


Edited by Noupoi - 10/1/12 at 3:05pm
post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 

I haven't head back from FiiO yet. Is there another email address for tech support?

post #5 of 7

If the speakers are unpowered, NOT active with built-in amps it's no surprise they don't work when fed a line-level signal but DO work when fed a amplified signal.

 

I think you need a power amp.

post #6 of 7

Fiio reps are active in the following thread, ask for Fiio contact info there.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/620339/upcoming-fiio-flagship-portable-headphone-amplifier-mont-blanc-e12-discussing-thread.

post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Stone1 View Post

If the speakers are unpowered, NOT active with built-in amps it's no surprise they don't work when fed a line-level signal but DO work when fed a amplified signal.

 

I think you need a power amp.

Sorry, forgot to mention this. Both sets of speakers I tried are powered. The speakers I purchased to use with my computer are Logitech 220 speakers, and the other was a X Mini II I had lying around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Fiio reps are active in the following thread, ask for Fiio contact info there.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/620339/upcoming-fiio-flagship-portable-headphone-amplifier-mont-blanc-e12-discussing-thread.

 

I'll give this a go now.


Edited by Noupoi - 10/3/12 at 2:18pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Need help- no Pre-output/RCA output sound with FiiO E7/E9 Combo