- 5 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 10/1/12
- productMoon Audio Silver Dragon V3tagged by System, 10/1/12
- brandToxic Cablestagged by System, 10/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 3/2/13
- productWestone - UM3XRC - High Performance Earphones - Blue - FREE Monitor Vaulttagged by System, 10/1/12
- brandWhiplash Audiotagged by System, 10/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audio GD in Europe? LCD2 balanced cable in Europe? Last post on 12/29/12 at 9:40am in Dedicated Source Components
- Need a replacement for my SA6's. Not custom, choice between SM3 V2, Westone 4R and UM3X RC Last post on 10/9/12 at 7:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Stage Monitor Shootout: SM3 v2 (defiltered) vs UM3x RC Last post on 3/19/14 at 5:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ***Advice needed*** Upgrading from UM3X RC Last post on 9/25/12 at 8:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need a decent sounding iem with removable wires!! Last post on 7/23/12 at 12:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
Westone UM3X RC question..post #1 of 1010/1/12 at 8:12amThread StarterHello!! I have been browsing the forum for quite some time and I have received a lot of helpful information. =) I have a couple of questions regarding the Westone UM3X RC please. I will be purchasing a set of these soon. 1) If I want to upgrade the cable, who makes them? 2) portable amp.. Can someone point me in the right direction for these? 3) I am going to be using the IPhone 3GS as the source for my music.. I will be upgrading to the iPhone 5 in the future. Will I notice a difference in sound? Please bear with me, I am new to the headphone scene, but not new to good sound quality! Thanks a bunch!! Zach
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1010/1/12 at 8:18ampost #3 of 1010/2/12 at 5:53pm
Hopefully you really won't need to add anything. It is very self-sufficient. Great cable, great efficiency, great sound right out of the box. Well worth the money. Being a true monitor it is a little closed in sounding but everything else about it is technically amazing. Instrument separation is freakish. Perhaps Westone's greatest engineered product IMHO.post #4 of 1010/3/12 at 1:07pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1010/5/12 at 12:58amYou won't regret it! They are great and the instrument separation is second to none. Feels like your right there listening on stage.
So Engadget posted a article about mobile devices, to be honest the um3x rc are very low impendace so the output from the iPhone will be more than sufficient
I drive my um3x rc straight from my iPhone4
In terms of amps
Seems quite a versatile amp, I don't own it but sounds rich and dark if that's your thang. You can always eq from a computer. The beauty of the um3x is there fairly polite but can really handle the eq with ease.post #6 of 1010/5/12 at 6:10ampost #7 of 1010/6/12 at 7:55amThread Starterpost #8 of 1010/13/12 at 8:56pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1012/5/12 at 5:18pmQuote:+ 1 for toxic cables and i have one um3x for sale:D
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/5/12 at 5:19pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone UM3X RC question..
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 36 seconds ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 42 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600's unamped sound no different then amped? 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 Announced (23/12/2014) 3 minutes ago
- › GRADO GR10: Reviews, First Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3