- 5 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 10/1/12
- productMoon Audio Silver Dragon V3tagged by System, 10/1/12
- brandToxic Cablestagged by System, 10/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 3/2/13
- productWestone - UM3XRC - High Performance Earphones - Blue - FREE Monitor Vaulttagged by System, 10/1/12
- brandWhiplash Audiotagged by System, 10/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audio GD in Europe? LCD2 balanced cable in Europe? Last post on 12/29/12 at 9:40am in Dedicated Source Components
- Need a replacement for my SA6's. Not custom, choice between SM3 V2, Westone 4R and UM3X RC Last post on 10/9/12 at 7:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Stage Monitor Shootout: SM3 v2 (defiltered) vs UM3x RC Last post on 3/19/14 at 5:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ***Advice needed*** Upgrading from UM3X RC Last post on 9/25/12 at 8:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need a decent sounding iem with removable wires!! Last post on 7/23/12 at 12:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I have these for a couple of days, they are amazing for bass lovers, the bass is very deep and have hard punch and rumble, control is very good so the bass doesn't sound like a mess, is not slow...
1. These headphones are HUGE. 2. That said, it provides amazing soundstage/imaging, and are very comfortable. Headband has no bumps, and earpads are of memory foam. 3. Very decent amount of...
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Westone UM3X RC question..post #1 of 1010/1/12 at 8:12amThread StarterHello!! I have been browsing the forum for quite some time and I have received a lot of helpful information. =) I have a couple of questions regarding the Westone UM3X RC please. I will be purchasing a set of these soon. 1) If I want to upgrade the cable, who makes them? 2) portable amp.. Can someone point me in the right direction for these? 3) I am going to be using the IPhone 3GS as the source for my music.. I will be upgrading to the iPhone 5 in the future. Will I notice a difference in sound? Please bear with me, I am new to the headphone scene, but not new to good sound quality! Thanks a bunch!! Zach
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1010/1/12 at 8:18ampost #3 of 1010/2/12 at 5:53pm
Hopefully you really won't need to add anything. It is very self-sufficient. Great cable, great efficiency, great sound right out of the box. Well worth the money. Being a true monitor it is a little closed in sounding but everything else about it is technically amazing. Instrument separation is freakish. Perhaps Westone's greatest engineered product IMHO.post #4 of 1010/3/12 at 1:07pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1010/5/12 at 12:58amYou won't regret it! They are great and the instrument separation is second to none. Feels like your right there listening on stage.
So Engadget posted a article about mobile devices, to be honest the um3x rc are very low impendace so the output from the iPhone will be more than sufficient
I drive my um3x rc straight from my iPhone4
In terms of amps
Seems quite a versatile amp, I don't own it but sounds rich and dark if that's your thang. You can always eq from a computer. The beauty of the um3x is there fairly polite but can really handle the eq with ease.post #6 of 1010/5/12 at 6:10ampost #7 of 1010/6/12 at 7:55amThread Starterpost #8 of 1010/13/12 at 8:56pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1012/5/12 at 5:18pmQuote:+ 1 for toxic cables and i have one um3x for sale:D
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/5/12 at 5:19pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone UM3X RC question..
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Wanted: Prism Lyra 1 or 2 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Woodphones - by Blake Graham by SanjiWatsuki
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)