- 5 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 10/1/12
- productMoon Audio Silver Dragon V3tagged by System, 10/1/12
- brandToxic Cablestagged by System, 10/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 3/2/13
- productWestone - UM3XRC - High Performance Earphones - Blue - FREE Monitor Vaulttagged by System, 10/1/12
- brandWhiplash Audiotagged by System, 10/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audio GD in Europe? LCD2 balanced cable in Europe? Last post on 12/29/12 at 9:40am in Dedicated Source Components
- Need a replacement for my SA6's. Not custom, choice between SM3 V2, Westone 4R and UM3X RC Last post on 10/9/12 at 7:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Stage Monitor Shootout: SM3 v2 (defiltered) vs UM3x RC Last post on 3/19/14 at 5:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ***Advice needed*** Upgrading from UM3X RC Last post on 9/25/12 at 8:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need a decent sounding iem with removable wires!! Last post on 7/23/12 at 12:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Westone UM3X RC question..post #1 of 1010/1/12 at 8:12amThread StarterHello!! I have been browsing the forum for quite some time and I have received a lot of helpful information. =) I have a couple of questions regarding the Westone UM3X RC please. I will be purchasing a set of these soon. 1) If I want to upgrade the cable, who makes them? 2) portable amp.. Can someone point me in the right direction for these? 3) I am going to be using the IPhone 3GS as the source for my music.. I will be upgrading to the iPhone 5 in the future. Will I notice a difference in sound? Please bear with me, I am new to the headphone scene, but not new to good sound quality! Thanks a bunch!! Zach
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1010/1/12 at 8:18ampost #3 of 1010/2/12 at 5:53pm
Hopefully you really won't need to add anything. It is very self-sufficient. Great cable, great efficiency, great sound right out of the box. Well worth the money. Being a true monitor it is a little closed in sounding but everything else about it is technically amazing. Instrument separation is freakish. Perhaps Westone's greatest engineered product IMHO.post #4 of 1010/3/12 at 1:07pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1010/5/12 at 12:58amYou won't regret it! They are great and the instrument separation is second to none. Feels like your right there listening on stage.
So Engadget posted a article about mobile devices, to be honest the um3x rc are very low impendace so the output from the iPhone will be more than sufficient
I drive my um3x rc straight from my iPhone4
In terms of amps
Seems quite a versatile amp, I don't own it but sounds rich and dark if that's your thang. You can always eq from a computer. The beauty of the um3x is there fairly polite but can really handle the eq with ease.post #6 of 1010/5/12 at 6:10ampost #7 of 1010/6/12 at 7:55amThread Starterpost #8 of 1010/13/12 at 8:56pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1012/5/12 at 5:18pmQuote:+ 1 for toxic cables and i have one um3x for sale:D
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/5/12 at 5:19pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone UM3X RC question..
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › New Audeze LCD3 47 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 57 seconds ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 1 minute ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › I want over the ear / in ear to be comfortable, help me choose a... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Just got my ODAC and meh... 4 minutes ago
- › Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company. 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3