- 5 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 10/1/12
- productMoon Audio Silver Dragon V3tagged by System, 10/1/12
- brandToxic Cablestagged by System, 10/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 3/2/13
- productWestone - UM3XRC - High Performance Earphones - Blue - FREE Monitor Vaulttagged by System, 10/1/12
- brandWhiplash Audiotagged by System, 10/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audio GD in Europe? LCD2 balanced cable in Europe? Last post on 12/29/12 at 9:40am in Dedicated Source Components
- Need a replacement for my SA6's. Not custom, choice between SM3 V2, Westone 4R and UM3X RC Last post on 10/9/12 at 7:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Stage Monitor Shootout: SM3 v2 (defiltered) vs UM3x RC Last post on 3/19/14 at 5:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ***Advice needed*** Upgrading from UM3X RC Last post on 9/25/12 at 8:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need a decent sounding iem with removable wires!! Last post on 7/23/12 at 12:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Westone UM3X RC question..post #1 of 1010/1/12 at 8:12amThread StarterHello!! I have been browsing the forum for quite some time and I have received a lot of helpful information. =) I have a couple of questions regarding the Westone UM3X RC please. I will be purchasing a set of these soon. 1) If I want to upgrade the cable, who makes them? 2) portable amp.. Can someone point me in the right direction for these? 3) I am going to be using the IPhone 3GS as the source for my music.. I will be upgrading to the iPhone 5 in the future. Will I notice a difference in sound? Please bear with me, I am new to the headphone scene, but not new to good sound quality! Thanks a bunch!! Zach
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1010/1/12 at 8:18ampost #3 of 1010/2/12 at 5:53pm
Hopefully you really won't need to add anything. It is very self-sufficient. Great cable, great efficiency, great sound right out of the box. Well worth the money. Being a true monitor it is a little closed in sounding but everything else about it is technically amazing. Instrument separation is freakish. Perhaps Westone's greatest engineered product IMHO.post #4 of 1010/3/12 at 1:07pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1010/5/12 at 12:58amYou won't regret it! They are great and the instrument separation is second to none. Feels like your right there listening on stage.
So Engadget posted a article about mobile devices, to be honest the um3x rc are very low impendace so the output from the iPhone will be more than sufficient
I drive my um3x rc straight from my iPhone4
In terms of amps
Seems quite a versatile amp, I don't own it but sounds rich and dark if that's your thang. You can always eq from a computer. The beauty of the um3x is there fairly polite but can really handle the eq with ease.post #6 of 1010/5/12 at 6:10ampost #7 of 1010/6/12 at 7:55amThread Starterpost #8 of 1010/13/12 at 8:56pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1012/5/12 at 5:18pmQuote:+ 1 for toxic cables and i have one um3x for sale:D
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/5/12 at 5:19pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone UM3X RC question..
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 26 seconds ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 27 seconds ago
- › Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement 40 seconds ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 57 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Stock FW ver 2.1.0 (Latest... 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-10 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 3 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)