- 5 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 10/1/12
- productMoon Audio Silver Dragon V3tagged by System, 10/1/12
- brandToxic Cablestagged by System, 10/1/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 3/2/13
- productWestone - UM3XRC - High Performance Earphones - Blue - FREE Monitor Vaulttagged by System, 10/1/12
- brandWhiplash Audiotagged by System, 10/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audio GD in Europe? LCD2 balanced cable in Europe? Last post on 12/29/12 at 9:40am in Dedicated Source Components
- Need a replacement for my SA6's. Not custom, choice between SM3 V2, Westone 4R and UM3X RC Last post on 10/9/12 at 7:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Stage Monitor Shootout: SM3 v2 (defiltered) vs UM3x RC Last post on 3/19/14 at 5:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ***Advice needed*** Upgrading from UM3X RC Last post on 9/25/12 at 8:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need a decent sounding iem with removable wires!! Last post on 7/23/12 at 12:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Westone UM3X RC question..post #1 of 1010/1/12 at 8:12amThread StarterHello!! I have been browsing the forum for quite some time and I have received a lot of helpful information. =) I have a couple of questions regarding the Westone UM3X RC please. I will be purchasing a set of these soon. 1) If I want to upgrade the cable, who makes them? 2) portable amp.. Can someone point me in the right direction for these? 3) I am going to be using the IPhone 3GS as the source for my music.. I will be upgrading to the iPhone 5 in the future. Will I notice a difference in sound? Please bear with me, I am new to the headphone scene, but not new to good sound quality! Thanks a bunch!! Zach
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1010/1/12 at 8:18ampost #3 of 1010/2/12 at 5:53pm
Hopefully you really won't need to add anything. It is very self-sufficient. Great cable, great efficiency, great sound right out of the box. Well worth the money. Being a true monitor it is a little closed in sounding but everything else about it is technically amazing. Instrument separation is freakish. Perhaps Westone's greatest engineered product IMHO.post #4 of 1010/3/12 at 1:07pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1010/5/12 at 12:58amYou won't regret it! They are great and the instrument separation is second to none. Feels like your right there listening on stage.
So Engadget posted a article about mobile devices, to be honest the um3x rc are very low impendace so the output from the iPhone will be more than sufficient
I drive my um3x rc straight from my iPhone4
In terms of amps
Seems quite a versatile amp, I don't own it but sounds rich and dark if that's your thang. You can always eq from a computer. The beauty of the um3x is there fairly polite but can really handle the eq with ease.post #6 of 1010/5/12 at 6:10ampost #7 of 1010/6/12 at 7:55amThread Starterpost #8 of 1010/13/12 at 8:56pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1012/5/12 at 5:18pmQuote:+ 1 for toxic cables and i have one um3x for sale:D
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/5/12 at 5:19pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone UM3X RC question..
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 minute ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 25th, 2014 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003i + Comply Tips 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 4 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 8 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)