How do I put this? First of all hello. Now that I'm done sounding like a dork... it's time for me to sound like I don't know what I'm talking about (there's a very good reason for that). I like putting a pair of cans on my head. They're generally comfortable, and sound good. They are however not very portable.. Now that I have told you what I like. Here's what I want... Simply speaking. I want some earbuds. Hopefully that's the correct term here. Not IEMs, but the style (not how they look) of Apple buds. I can't wear IEMs... they're just too uncomfortable for me. I have unusually small ears.. and that includes the canals. Not only that, but by design, they just block out too much noise from the world around me. I need a little sound to leak into my ears.
I don't know squat about this stuff. I don't want to spend an arm and leg for something. I just want something that I can pop into my ears and listen for an extended period of time.
Keep in mind, I have small ears. I am an adult, and those ears aren't growing anymore. Some people are going to laugh at this, so take it however you want. I'm just hoping to get a little advice.
- To not have to deal with those silly foam pads. They're PITA to get on, and just make things more complicated.
- Something that has halfway decent build-quality. I tend to abuse the stuff I put into my pockets.
- Something that has good bass, treble... Lows, mids. (I don't know what I'm talking about)
- Something that will actually likely be comfortable (I can't be the only one with this problem here) <- Most important
- Something <$40 <- I just broke this post right here...
Also, I'm not an audio engineer, but I CAN tell when something sounds bad.
Any help would be appreciated.
I really like the graphic here that shows basically how it feels.
Edit: Also, I should note that I've seen the roundup threads... but they mean hardly anything to me. Since they more-so go into detail about sound, I'm looking for comfort.
Edited by geeked - 10/1/12 at 7:43am