if anybody has both of these headphones, i would appreciated if they could post the comparisons between the both. and is there a significant difference between the mkI versions of these headphones?
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral IEM for Classical and Jazz with good soundstage and bass extension Last post on 11/2/12 at 2:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best iems under 150! Last post on 10/31/12 at 12:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earphones For Sansa Clip+? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
Which one do you guys think is better? GR07 mkII or the DBA-02 mkII?post #1 of 329/30/12 at 5:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 3210/1/12 at 5:23amThread Starterpost #3 of 3210/1/12 at 6:13amThat's a tough one. I've had a dozen high end phones and I still have the GR07. Technically, the dab-02 was excellent but I felt lacked decent bass. The GR07 is a little thin sounding compared to a good BA but is transparent, neutral and great to listen with. I certainly don't notice sibilance with them but I know it is a problem for some.
Either is excellent, but my bet is fir the GR07.post #4 of 3210/1/12 at 6:28amI have the DBA-02 MKII and I think they got rid of the harshness of the MKI and the bass is great, perfect quantity IMO and not lacking body, being balanced and very detailed, they sound good with all genres of music.post #5 of 3210/1/12 at 7:19am
With the dba02 mkii I ultimately still think it still tilted toward the treble (though not as much as the mk1), and you will notice it immediately when listening to this IEM. They are still the opposite of lush sounding (in the mids), and are more toward cool, crisp, clear and airy.
The GR07 is fuller and weightier sounding and offers a more relaxed sound, it is very noticeable that the mids is fuller than dba02mkii. I can go on and on, but they are very different sounding, and good in their own ways.post #6 of 3210/1/12 at 1:08pm
How about the GR01 or the Rockit Sounds R-50? These should both fall right in the middle. They will be a bit less bright, and have a bit more warmth. I find absolutely zero fault with the sound of my GR01. The only thing I wish it had was removable/replaceable cables, this is just something I feel a $200 IEM should have.post #7 of 3210/1/12 at 1:17pmThread StarterWhich would perform the best with the type of music I listen to?(female vocals(sara bareilles), instrumentals, jazz(herbie hancock), also a little bit of triphop like nujabes and re:plus) also how would the r50 and the gr01 perform with my music taste?
Edited by FightBrothers - 10/1/12 at 1:18pmpost #8 of 3210/1/12 at 1:37pm
I dont listen to any of the stuff you listed. I listen to mostly progressive rock and progressive metal with mine. Sometimes i use them for some electronic like Massive Attack or Purity Ring and well though. The GR01 should do well with any genre, same with the GR07. Its all just a matter of what type of sound you prefer. The GR01 will have less bass and slightly more detail. The GR07 will have more bass and slightly less detail. The mids and highs on the GR01 in my opinion are very accurate and smooth, the only question may be the bass quantity. Its the perfect amount for my tastes, but it wont be enough to satisfy everybody.post #9 of 3210/1/12 at 1:42pmQuote:
I was looking into these mkII version of the DBA-02. Is the housing different from the old DBA??
How large is the soundstage?post #10 of 3210/1/12 at 1:57pm
The MK II has a different housing than the old MK I. Never heard either so i cant comment on sound stage. The GR01 soundstage is average so id say the DBA02's would be about the same. It shouldnt be small like the ety hf3 or hf5. GR01 definitely has a bigger stage than the ety's.post #11 of 3210/1/12 at 10:55pmpost #12 of 3210/1/12 at 11:54pm
Ety stage isn't that much smaller than the B2s, both aren't small but average in soundstage size. Shorter tips help the Etys a lot in soundstage.
GR07s sound bigger than both, but are a bit too conservative in the treble at times compared to these but they do have better bass depth/rumble.post #13 of 3210/2/12 at 3:14pm
That isnt what everybody else seems to say.post #14 of 3210/3/12 at 12:08am
2-3 users isn't everybody and as I mention, tips matter a lot for them since the stock ones are limiting. Stage width is usually correlated with insertion depth, these are all in the same field ground. B2 and R50s do sound more airy though because of the extension past 10k. Not a big difference though IME. I'll take the Ety's superior treble finesse over the B2's slight better stage due to extension. Soundstage width perception is also very subjective, something highly to consider.
DBA02MKIIs are pretty much the same sound wise to the B2s for the most part. I'll take the B2 over them though because of the better cable and possibility of getting it modded to have replaceable cable pins.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one do you guys think is better? GR07 mkII or the DBA-02 mkII?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 20 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 1 minute ago
- › STX II op amp and cable 3 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Superlux Express Train 6 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Q & A 8 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 9 minutes ago
- › IEM's for under 400 US? 10 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 10 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear