if anybody has both of these headphones, i would appreciated if they could post the comparisons between the both. and is there a significant difference between the mkI versions of these headphones?
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral IEM for Classical and Jazz with good soundstage and bass extension Last post on 11/2/12 at 2:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best iems under 150! Last post on 10/31/12 at 12:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earphones For Sansa Clip+? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction Reviewer Introduction Product Introduction Technical Specifications Sound Quality Signature Overview Sound...
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
INTRODUCTION Pioneer really surprised me with the new release of the DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I've recently tried out seven headphones that are considered high end and...
Which one do you guys think is better? GR07 mkII or the DBA-02 mkII?post #1 of 329/30/12 at 5:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 3210/1/12 at 5:23amThread Starterpost #3 of 3210/1/12 at 6:13amThat's a tough one. I've had a dozen high end phones and I still have the GR07. Technically, the dab-02 was excellent but I felt lacked decent bass. The GR07 is a little thin sounding compared to a good BA but is transparent, neutral and great to listen with. I certainly don't notice sibilance with them but I know it is a problem for some.
Either is excellent, but my bet is fir the GR07.post #4 of 3210/1/12 at 6:28amI have the DBA-02 MKII and I think they got rid of the harshness of the MKI and the bass is great, perfect quantity IMO and not lacking body, being balanced and very detailed, they sound good with all genres of music.post #5 of 3210/1/12 at 7:19am
With the dba02 mkii I ultimately still think it still tilted toward the treble (though not as much as the mk1), and you will notice it immediately when listening to this IEM. They are still the opposite of lush sounding (in the mids), and are more toward cool, crisp, clear and airy.
The GR07 is fuller and weightier sounding and offers a more relaxed sound, it is very noticeable that the mids is fuller than dba02mkii. I can go on and on, but they are very different sounding, and good in their own ways.post #6 of 3210/1/12 at 1:08pm
How about the GR01 or the Rockit Sounds R-50? These should both fall right in the middle. They will be a bit less bright, and have a bit more warmth. I find absolutely zero fault with the sound of my GR01. The only thing I wish it had was removable/replaceable cables, this is just something I feel a $200 IEM should have.post #7 of 3210/1/12 at 1:17pmThread StarterWhich would perform the best with the type of music I listen to?(female vocals(sara bareilles), instrumentals, jazz(herbie hancock), also a little bit of triphop like nujabes and re:plus) also how would the r50 and the gr01 perform with my music taste?
Edited by FightBrothers - 10/1/12 at 1:18pmpost #8 of 3210/1/12 at 1:37pm
I dont listen to any of the stuff you listed. I listen to mostly progressive rock and progressive metal with mine. Sometimes i use them for some electronic like Massive Attack or Purity Ring and well though. The GR01 should do well with any genre, same with the GR07. Its all just a matter of what type of sound you prefer. The GR01 will have less bass and slightly more detail. The GR07 will have more bass and slightly less detail. The mids and highs on the GR01 in my opinion are very accurate and smooth, the only question may be the bass quantity. Its the perfect amount for my tastes, but it wont be enough to satisfy everybody.post #9 of 3210/1/12 at 1:42pmQuote:
I was looking into these mkII version of the DBA-02. Is the housing different from the old DBA??
How large is the soundstage?post #10 of 3210/1/12 at 1:57pm
The MK II has a different housing than the old MK I. Never heard either so i cant comment on sound stage. The GR01 soundstage is average so id say the DBA02's would be about the same. It shouldnt be small like the ety hf3 or hf5. GR01 definitely has a bigger stage than the ety's.post #11 of 3210/1/12 at 10:55pmpost #12 of 3210/1/12 at 11:54pm
Ety stage isn't that much smaller than the B2s, both aren't small but average in soundstage size. Shorter tips help the Etys a lot in soundstage.
GR07s sound bigger than both, but are a bit too conservative in the treble at times compared to these but they do have better bass depth/rumble.post #13 of 3210/2/12 at 3:14pm
That isnt what everybody else seems to say.post #14 of 3210/3/12 at 12:08am
2-3 users isn't everybody and as I mention, tips matter a lot for them since the stock ones are limiting. Stage width is usually correlated with insertion depth, these are all in the same field ground. B2 and R50s do sound more airy though because of the extension past 10k. Not a big difference though IME. I'll take the Ety's superior treble finesse over the B2's slight better stage due to extension. Soundstage width perception is also very subjective, something highly to consider.
DBA02MKIIs are pretty much the same sound wise to the B2s for the most part. I'll take the B2 over them though because of the better cable and possibility of getting it modded to have replaceable cable pins.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one do you guys think is better? GR07 mkII or the DBA-02 mkII?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Astell&Kern JH Audio Rosie II full metal 44 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 4 minutes ago
- › Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now! 4 minutes ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear