if anybody has both of these headphones, i would appreciated if they could post the comparisons between the both. and is there a significant difference between the mkI versions of these headphones?
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral IEM for Classical and Jazz with good soundstage and bass extension Last post on 11/2/12 at 2:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best iems under 150! Last post on 10/31/12 at 12:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earphones For Sansa Clip+? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Portable Source Gear
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Which one do you guys think is better? GR07 mkII or the DBA-02 mkII?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Either is excellent, but my bet is fir the GR07.
With the dba02 mkii I ultimately still think it still tilted toward the treble (though not as much as the mk1), and you will notice it immediately when listening to this IEM. They are still the opposite of lush sounding (in the mids), and are more toward cool, crisp, clear and airy.
The GR07 is fuller and weightier sounding and offers a more relaxed sound, it is very noticeable that the mids is fuller than dba02mkii. I can go on and on, but they are very different sounding, and good in their own ways.
How about the GR01 or the Rockit Sounds R-50? These should both fall right in the middle. They will be a bit less bright, and have a bit more warmth. I find absolutely zero fault with the sound of my GR01. The only thing I wish it had was removable/replaceable cables, this is just something I feel a $200 IEM should have.
Edited by FightBrothers - 10/1/12 at 1:18pm
I dont listen to any of the stuff you listed. I listen to mostly progressive rock and progressive metal with mine. Sometimes i use them for some electronic like Massive Attack or Purity Ring and well though. The GR01 should do well with any genre, same with the GR07. Its all just a matter of what type of sound you prefer. The GR01 will have less bass and slightly more detail. The GR07 will have more bass and slightly less detail. The mids and highs on the GR01 in my opinion are very accurate and smooth, the only question may be the bass quantity. Its the perfect amount for my tastes, but it wont be enough to satisfy everybody.
I was looking into these mkII version of the DBA-02. Is the housing different from the old DBA??
How large is the soundstage?
The MK II has a different housing than the old MK I. Never heard either so i cant comment on sound stage. The GR01 soundstage is average so id say the DBA02's would be about the same. It shouldnt be small like the ety hf3 or hf5. GR01 definitely has a bigger stage than the ety's.
Ety stage isn't that much smaller than the B2s, both aren't small but average in soundstage size. Shorter tips help the Etys a lot in soundstage.
GR07s sound bigger than both, but are a bit too conservative in the treble at times compared to these but they do have better bass depth/rumble.
That isnt what everybody else seems to say.
2-3 users isn't everybody and as I mention, tips matter a lot for them since the stock ones are limiting. Stage width is usually correlated with insertion depth, these are all in the same field ground. B2 and R50s do sound more airy though because of the extension past 10k. Not a big difference though IME. I'll take the Ety's superior treble finesse over the B2's slight better stage due to extension. Soundstage width perception is also very subjective, something highly to consider.
DBA02MKIIs are pretty much the same sound wise to the B2s for the most part. I'll take the B2 over them though because of the better cable and possibility of getting it modded to have replaceable cable pins.
- Which one do you guys think is better? GR07 mkII or the DBA-02 mkII?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Westone ES5 4 seconds ago
- › Klipsch S4i (II), X4i, X7i, X11i 21 seconds ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 23 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Holiday shopping for an IEM for an all rounder 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Altmann Tera Player — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones - WORN!!! - new thread - no nudity 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Sicher
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe