- 283 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details Last post on 1/23/17 at 12:09pm in Dedicated Source Components
- "Headphone Amplifier With DAC" - iPhone Lightning to Headphone Jack Last post on 12/16/16 at 11:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- plz help me decide.. u192s or yulong u18... Last post on 5/8/14 at 10:56am in Computer Audio
- Which route to high res audio? Last post on 4/2/14 at 2:44pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
When I first started looking for a pair of CIEMs, I was determined to find the best one in the $1000 region that would serve me equally well for everyday listening as well as stage use (I play in a...
Hi Head-Fi’ers! I’ve waited quite a bit long to use SuperMini and obtain its possible rival players at the same time (like Sony A15 and the new A35). I came across SuperMini a few months ago,...
YULONG's new U18 USB 24/192 Async digital Interface - Page 10post #136 of 16812/25/12 at 9:11pmAny luck?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #137 of 16812/26/12 at 3:43pm
No luck so far. Kind of like the Alberta weather.;) Hope your Christmas has been good.
I tried the Audio GD driver just to see if it would install with the Yulong plugged in since they use the same chip, but it would not do it. I also tried to get ASIO4ALL to play with the Yulong but they just could not talk with each other. A little disappointed by the Yulong ASIO driver since the 32-bit interface has been standard for many years. I have been back to my HLLY converter over the holidays.
I have another spare laptop and when time permits I will see if I can get some decent results with JPlay and Win 7.post #138 of 16812/27/12 at 2:14pm
So, what exactly is this thing for? Is it used for cleaning up the power signal and thereby (theoretically) improving sound quality?
Would this benefit a D18, A18 setup? Seems it would, since the naming convention fits...post #139 of 16812/27/12 at 2:27pmpost #140 of 16812/27/12 at 2:47pmpost #141 of 16812/27/12 at 5:16pmQuote:
There is no USB implementation on the D18. An external USB/SPDIF converter is needed to input a USB source signal into the D18.post #142 of 16812/27/12 at 5:20pm
The U18 is a stand alone USB to SPDIF converter that can be powered either through the USB cable or through an external PS. Yulong developed this product to compliment his D18 but it can be used to convert USB to SPDIF signal for other products that require it. It is capable of converting up to 24/192 through USB 2.0.post #143 of 1681/8/13 at 3:56pmpost #144 of 1681/8/13 at 4:18pm
Are you having issues with the U18 and Windows 8 or are you just curious? I am curious myself how Windows 8 is working for people & high res audio in general. I think I will stay away from 8 for a while until I hear more.post #145 of 1681/8/13 at 5:25pmQuote:
Just curious. I tried the Yulong D18 to the optical port on my Windows 8 computer. It would lose the signal ever few seconds. I was wondering if the U18 was a potential work around.post #146 of 1681/8/13 at 5:40pm
Although I'm using Windows 7 it's working flawlessly.
I will be building a C.A.P.S in a few months with Windows 8 and plan on using the U18 with that. So I will know in a few months..post #147 of 1681/8/13 at 8:40pmQuote:
I saw your posts on the D18 forum. I chimed in myself. As was mentioned by Project86, the chip in the D18 can be fussy about signal. I found the Logitech SBT to be a solution at first until the U18 came out. The U18 works perfectly with the D18 (as could be expected since they were designed to work well together).
Grant Fidelity offers a 30 day money back guarantee so perhaps it is worth the chance to try out the U18 with Windows 8? FYI, GF is having server issues right now with their website but they expect it to be resolved shortly.
Edited by mrcasey - 1/8/13 at 8:41pmpost #148 of 1681/13/13 at 8:56pmpost #149 of 1681/14/13 at 11:55pmpost #150 of 1681/15/13 at 2:49pm
If you have Macbook Pro and Mac Pro why wouldnt you just use optical? Why would you even bother converting usb? Or am I missing something.
Isn't the purpose of the u18 is to basically get spdif aka optical for osx from usb?
- YULONG's new U18 USB 24/192 Async digital Interface
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 second ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 2 minutes ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 9 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 10 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Benchmark DAC3 HGC (w/ ESS Sabre 9028PRO) 14 minutes ago
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear