for me, all these high priced headphones are not worth it as i find the same enjoyment and quality from "lower" end models. i have found the gains to be more substantial and worth it in the amp department.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 7/20/13 at 5:59am in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax 009 for Gaming? Last post on 8/1/12 at 2:17am in High-end Audio Forum
- History of headphones - a good article Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The purple edition of this headphone is a hidden gem. Most people see me wearing these and assume I am some unacknowledged sheeple. While this is possible, I would attest to the argument that these...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
Would you sell your whole collection for just one SR009/amp - Page 4post #46 of 23810/1/12 at 6:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 23810/1/12 at 8:43pm
There's a point to where I tend to agree, but the transducer is always the most important part. You can pair a cheap amp with a good can and it still sounds good, but generally (IME) you can't take a cheap can and pair it with something like an LF and get gold.post #48 of 23810/1/12 at 9:10pm
With headphones the size or area of the transducers are about the same, just different driver technology. But 4 times the price of my ortho plus the amp, to me, is just not worth it.
And I would agree too with a better amp making a big difference.
Edited by wuwhere - 10/1/12 at 9:18pmpost #49 of 23810/1/12 at 9:17pmpost #50 of 23810/1/12 at 9:20pmpost #51 of 23810/1/12 at 9:23pmpost #52 of 23810/1/12 at 10:42pmpost #53 of 23810/1/12 at 11:26pmQuote:
I doubt you will miss you previous GS-X given that you probably are purchasing the new one right?post #54 of 23810/2/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Wouldn't offensive be more appropriate?post #55 of 23810/2/12 at 7:30am
If your priority is getting lost in the music, don't let the journey towards attaining the ultimate audio chain detract you from actually being able to enjoy such, lest once you get there you will be left with nothing but a void.
Otherwise, nothing wrong with one single setup.post #56 of 23810/2/12 at 7:43amI was smitten with the delicate and airy sound of stats in speakers. But every time I went to a few friend's systems, I was always impressed with the bass. My headphone rig has to have some meat on it as a compliment so I'd decline the gracious offer and instead find the best amp for my tastes and stay with the ortho.post #57 of 23810/2/12 at 8:59am
OP question may be a bit too general. It might be better if the question was 'I absolutely love the sound of the SR009/amp, should I sell everything to make a purchase'. Otherwise, this is going to turn into the same old Ortho vs Stax debacle. Then someone could create a new thread 'Why I love my Ortho's and can't stand Stax'.post #58 of 23810/2/12 at 9:05am
We all have a feminine side and a masculine side. It is differently balanced in every one of us. The masculine orthos does not resonate that good with my feminine side. So I stick to orthos.
PostScript: That was an innocent joke.post #59 of 23810/2/12 at 9:20am
I re-read my comments and, well, you're right, point taken. I didn't mean to be so confrontational, I was just trying to make a general opinion and also to say what I liked about the headphone world overall.
Yeah, this should all be fun, fun, fun absolutely.
Regards.post #60 of 23810/2/12 at 9:24amQuote:
So Asr, I've been reading and enjoying your great posts all these years, so thanks, but am I reading you right that you have no systems with dynamic phones anymore?
I say this because IMHO dynamics have taken a revolutionary step to greatness in the last few years, where even 5 years ago only maybe R10s were superb.
I absolutely love my LCD3s, TH900s, and feel almost the same with a good portion of my music with HD800s, and these are leagues ahead to my ears
than anything say, 5 years ago. (Personally, I actually like all of these more than my former R10s, which I sold as not worth it with the new generation of phones.)
Edited by rgs9200m - 10/2/12 at 9:29am
- Would you sell your whole collection for just one SR009/amp
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Schiit Magni + Modi combo WANT TO BUY 3 minutes ago
- › new CIEM line from westone 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › PS4 Linear PCM: Night and day difference with Dolby Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 6 minutes ago
- › Why not beats by Dre? 7 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 7 minutes ago
- › Looking for Stoner Acoustics UD110 v2 shipped to Germany 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by boobs
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi