for me, all these high priced headphones are not worth it as i find the same enjoyment and quality from "lower" end models. i have found the gains to be more substantial and worth it in the amp department.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 7/11/14 at 10:27am in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax 009 for Gaming? Last post on 8/1/12 at 2:17am in High-end Audio Forum
- History of headphones - a good article Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
Would you sell your whole collection for just one SR009/amp - Page 4post #46 of 27010/1/12 at 6:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 27010/1/12 at 8:43pm
There's a point to where I tend to agree, but the transducer is always the most important part. You can pair a cheap amp with a good can and it still sounds good, but generally (IME) you can't take a cheap can and pair it with something like an LF and get gold.post #48 of 27010/1/12 at 9:10pm
With headphones the size or area of the transducers are about the same, just different driver technology. But 4 times the price of my ortho plus the amp, to me, is just not worth it.
And I would agree too with a better amp making a big difference.
Edited by wuwhere - 10/1/12 at 9:18pmpost #49 of 27010/1/12 at 9:17pmpost #50 of 27010/1/12 at 9:20pmpost #51 of 27010/1/12 at 9:23pmpost #52 of 27010/1/12 at 10:42pmpost #53 of 27010/1/12 at 11:26pmQuote:
I doubt you will miss you previous GS-X given that you probably are purchasing the new one right?post #54 of 27010/2/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Wouldn't offensive be more appropriate?post #55 of 27010/2/12 at 7:30am
If your priority is getting lost in the music, don't let the journey towards attaining the ultimate audio chain detract you from actually being able to enjoy such, lest once you get there you will be left with nothing but a void.
Otherwise, nothing wrong with one single setup.post #56 of 27010/2/12 at 7:43amI was smitten with the delicate and airy sound of stats in speakers. But every time I went to a few friend's systems, I was always impressed with the bass. My headphone rig has to have some meat on it as a compliment so I'd decline the gracious offer and instead find the best amp for my tastes and stay with the ortho.post #57 of 27010/2/12 at 8:59am
OP question may be a bit too general. It might be better if the question was 'I absolutely love the sound of the SR009/amp, should I sell everything to make a purchase'. Otherwise, this is going to turn into the same old Ortho vs Stax debacle. Then someone could create a new thread 'Why I love my Ortho's and can't stand Stax'.post #58 of 27010/2/12 at 9:05am
We all have a feminine side and a masculine side. It is differently balanced in every one of us. The masculine orthos does not resonate that good with my feminine side. So I stick to orthos.
PostScript: That was an innocent joke.post #59 of 27010/2/12 at 9:20am
I re-read my comments and, well, you're right, point taken. I didn't mean to be so confrontational, I was just trying to make a general opinion and also to say what I liked about the headphone world overall.
Yeah, this should all be fun, fun, fun absolutely.
Regards.post #60 of 27010/2/12 at 9:24amQuote:
So Asr, I've been reading and enjoying your great posts all these years, so thanks, but am I reading you right that you have no systems with dynamic phones anymore?
I say this because IMHO dynamics have taken a revolutionary step to greatness in the last few years, where even 5 years ago only maybe R10s were superb.
I absolutely love my LCD3s, TH900s, and feel almost the same with a good portion of my music with HD800s, and these are leagues ahead to my ears
than anything say, 5 years ago. (Personally, I actually like all of these more than my former R10s, which I sold as not worth it with the new generation of phones.)
Edited by rgs9200m - 10/2/12 at 9:29am
- Would you sell your whole collection for just one SR009/amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Loud high quality earbuds <$100 (no in-ear!) 19 seconds ago
- › Best headphones for Trance, dubstep, house, electronic, rap, hip... 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 5 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 6 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 6 minutes ago
- › Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement 7 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 8 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)