for me, all these high priced headphones are not worth it as i find the same enjoyment and quality from "lower" end models. i have found the gains to be more substantial and worth it in the amp department.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax 009 for Gaming? Last post on 8/1/12 at 2:17am in High-end Audio Forum
- History of headphones - a good article Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
Would you sell your whole collection for just one SR009/amp - Page 4post #46 of 27010/1/12 at 6:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 27010/1/12 at 8:43pm
There's a point to where I tend to agree, but the transducer is always the most important part. You can pair a cheap amp with a good can and it still sounds good, but generally (IME) you can't take a cheap can and pair it with something like an LF and get gold.post #48 of 27010/1/12 at 9:10pm
With headphones the size or area of the transducers are about the same, just different driver technology. But 4 times the price of my ortho plus the amp, to me, is just not worth it.
And I would agree too with a better amp making a big difference.
Edited by wuwhere - 10/1/12 at 9:18pmpost #49 of 27010/1/12 at 9:17pmpost #50 of 27010/1/12 at 9:20pmpost #51 of 27010/1/12 at 9:23pmpost #52 of 27010/1/12 at 10:42pmpost #53 of 27010/1/12 at 11:26pmQuote:
I doubt you will miss you previous GS-X given that you probably are purchasing the new one right?post #54 of 27010/2/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Wouldn't offensive be more appropriate?post #55 of 27010/2/12 at 7:30am
If your priority is getting lost in the music, don't let the journey towards attaining the ultimate audio chain detract you from actually being able to enjoy such, lest once you get there you will be left with nothing but a void.
Otherwise, nothing wrong with one single setup.post #56 of 27010/2/12 at 7:43amI was smitten with the delicate and airy sound of stats in speakers. But every time I went to a few friend's systems, I was always impressed with the bass. My headphone rig has to have some meat on it as a compliment so I'd decline the gracious offer and instead find the best amp for my tastes and stay with the ortho.post #57 of 27010/2/12 at 8:59am
OP question may be a bit too general. It might be better if the question was 'I absolutely love the sound of the SR009/amp, should I sell everything to make a purchase'. Otherwise, this is going to turn into the same old Ortho vs Stax debacle. Then someone could create a new thread 'Why I love my Ortho's and can't stand Stax'.post #58 of 27010/2/12 at 9:05am
We all have a feminine side and a masculine side. It is differently balanced in every one of us. The masculine orthos does not resonate that good with my feminine side. So I stick to orthos.
PostScript: That was an innocent joke.post #59 of 27010/2/12 at 9:20am
I re-read my comments and, well, you're right, point taken. I didn't mean to be so confrontational, I was just trying to make a general opinion and also to say what I liked about the headphone world overall.
Yeah, this should all be fun, fun, fun absolutely.
Regards.post #60 of 27010/2/12 at 9:24amQuote:
So Asr, I've been reading and enjoying your great posts all these years, so thanks, but am I reading you right that you have no systems with dynamic phones anymore?
I say this because IMHO dynamics have taken a revolutionary step to greatness in the last few years, where even 5 years ago only maybe R10s were superb.
I absolutely love my LCD3s, TH900s, and feel almost the same with a good portion of my music with HD800s, and these are leagues ahead to my ears
than anything say, 5 years ago. (Personally, I actually like all of these more than my former R10s, which I sold as not worth it with the new generation of phones.)
Edited by rgs9200m - 10/2/12 at 9:29am
- Would you sell your whole collection for just one SR009/amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 22 seconds ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 57 seconds ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 1 minute ago
- › Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 1 minute ago
- › What is the best portable amp/dac to use with an iPhone 6 and a Mac? 2 minutes ago
- › K701, 702, Q701, HD 598 or something else? 2 minutes ago
- › Meelectronics A151 for trade! 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)