for me, all these high priced headphones are not worth it as i find the same enjoyment and quality from "lower" end models. i have found the gains to be more substantial and worth it in the amp department.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax 009 for Gaming? Last post on 5/22/15 at 7:02pm in High-end Audio Forum
- History of headphones - a good article Last post on 9/28/16 at 6:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of the Burson Audio Cable+ RCA to RCA active cable. The Burson Audio Cable+ was sent to me by Burson Audio for me as a loaner unit to test it out, thanks to Burson Audio for...
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
Acknowledgment Thanks 1MORE UK for providing this review sample in return for my honest opinion.IntroductionI heard about 1MORE from a fellow HeadFier, @canali, who told me I should check out the...
Would you sell your whole collection for just one SR009/amp - Page 4post #46 of 27010/1/12 at 6:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 27010/1/12 at 8:43pm
There's a point to where I tend to agree, but the transducer is always the most important part. You can pair a cheap amp with a good can and it still sounds good, but generally (IME) you can't take a cheap can and pair it with something like an LF and get gold.post #48 of 27010/1/12 at 9:10pm
With headphones the size or area of the transducers are about the same, just different driver technology. But 4 times the price of my ortho plus the amp, to me, is just not worth it.
And I would agree too with a better amp making a big difference.
Edited by wuwhere - 10/1/12 at 9:18pmpost #49 of 27010/1/12 at 9:17pmpost #50 of 27010/1/12 at 9:20pmpost #51 of 27010/1/12 at 9:23pmpost #52 of 27010/1/12 at 10:42pmpost #53 of 27010/1/12 at 11:26pmQuote:
I doubt you will miss you previous GS-X given that you probably are purchasing the new one right?post #54 of 27010/2/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Wouldn't offensive be more appropriate?post #55 of 27010/2/12 at 7:30am
If your priority is getting lost in the music, don't let the journey towards attaining the ultimate audio chain detract you from actually being able to enjoy such, lest once you get there you will be left with nothing but a void.
Otherwise, nothing wrong with one single setup.post #56 of 27010/2/12 at 7:43amI was smitten with the delicate and airy sound of stats in speakers. But every time I went to a few friend's systems, I was always impressed with the bass. My headphone rig has to have some meat on it as a compliment so I'd decline the gracious offer and instead find the best amp for my tastes and stay with the ortho.post #57 of 27010/2/12 at 8:59am
OP question may be a bit too general. It might be better if the question was 'I absolutely love the sound of the SR009/amp, should I sell everything to make a purchase'. Otherwise, this is going to turn into the same old Ortho vs Stax debacle. Then someone could create a new thread 'Why I love my Ortho's and can't stand Stax'.post #58 of 27010/2/12 at 9:05am
We all have a feminine side and a masculine side. It is differently balanced in every one of us. The masculine orthos does not resonate that good with my feminine side. So I stick to orthos.
PostScript: That was an innocent joke.post #59 of 27010/2/12 at 9:20am
I re-read my comments and, well, you're right, point taken. I didn't mean to be so confrontational, I was just trying to make a general opinion and also to say what I liked about the headphone world overall.
Yeah, this should all be fun, fun, fun absolutely.
Regards.post #60 of 27010/2/12 at 9:24amQuote:
So Asr, I've been reading and enjoying your great posts all these years, so thanks, but am I reading you right that you have no systems with dynamic phones anymore?
I say this because IMHO dynamics have taken a revolutionary step to greatness in the last few years, where even 5 years ago only maybe R10s were superb.
I absolutely love my LCD3s, TH900s, and feel almost the same with a good portion of my music with HD800s, and these are leagues ahead to my ears
than anything say, 5 years ago. (Personally, I actually like all of these more than my former R10s, which I sold as not worth it with the new generation of phones.)
Edited by rgs9200m - 10/2/12 at 9:29am
- Would you sell your whole collection for just one SR009/amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Band Name Game II 37 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 37 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 vs FiiO Q1? 41 seconds ago
- › LH Geek Wave Rant Thread 1 minute ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Objectivists board room 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 6 minutes ago
- › I bought the HD600, what's next? (Amps...) 6 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...