Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support) - Page 44

post #646 of 1082
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Wow that don't sound right to me. The Sansa having more power? Trolling or defective?

 

I deepen the discussion to be clear.

Most powerful eq setting(hi-fi,hsa and wooduo)I don't like so much,I prefer a "dryer" signature so at the moment I opt for jazz eq

(I repeat user eq is useless for power and quality)and using iem,UE superfi 5 and sunrise xcape,there are no problems about

power,you can break your ears if you like it,but anyway little bit less than clip zip although a bit more wide and detailed.

Different story if you use a headphone.

I tryed with Audio-Technica ath-m50,Sennhaiser hd 380 and others with max volume

power is just enough,in hsa eq you have a small reserve.

I'm just saying I expected more from this player but maybe I just expect too much?confused.gif

post #647 of 1082
Burn in the player at least 100hr before you give a good listen to it, because I was having trouble with volume on my studio v 3rd anv. and I was like WOW, this thing isn't as powerful as my clip+ or my sony z player , but after a good 100hr they opened up so much now I dont even go past volume 5 because its to loud smily_headphones1.gif
post #648 of 1082

There's a difference between power and volume. Volume is related to gain. I think the gain is currently lower than some other devices but the power or at least control available should actually be higher. A gain can be adjusted in the FW. On the Nova 3 the custom HiSound options all have plenty of gain while the others are a little on the low side. Fortunately, on the Nova 3, HSA V2  is the way to go.

post #649 of 1082
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

There's a difference between power and volume. Volume is related to gain. I think the gain is currently lower than some other devices but the power or at least control available should actually be higher. A gain can be adjusted in the FW. On the Nova 3 the custom HiSound options all have plenty of gain while the others are a little on the low side. Fortunately, on the Nova 3, HSA V2  is the way to go.


I just don't see it having similar power or volume to a clip lol. I'd say a clip would pale in comparison.

post #650 of 1082
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

There's a difference between power and volume. Volume is related to gain. I think the gain is currently lower than some other devices but the power or at least control available should actually be higher. A gain can be adjusted in the FW. On the Nova 3 the custom HiSound options all have plenty of gain while the others are a little on the low side. Fortunately, on the Nova 3, HSA V2  is the way to go.

I absolutely agree with you,do you think an update that equalizes the gain is possible?

I would like to keep the hope to enjoy my last order that is Sony md1-r...

post #651 of 1082
Mdr-1s are beautiful smily_headphones1.gif
post #652 of 1082
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


I just don't see it having similar power or volume to a clip lol. I'd say a clip would pale in comparison.

We can stay here for hours talking about our hopes.I speak without
prejudices for what I feel.
I think when Hisound will put a gain control in the feature maybe nova1 will
easy overtake every competitor(about output manage).
For now it's not so.

post #653 of 1082
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedecian View Post

We can stay here for hours talking about our hopes.I speak without
prejudices for what I feel.
I think when Hisound will put a gain control in the feature maybe nova1 will
easy overtake every competitor(about output manage).
For now it's not so.


I could say the very same thing Fedician. I've owned several Sansa products in the past and they are in no way as powerful as the Nova N1 or any Hisound product that I have used. This is not only evident to my ears but also in the power ratings of these players (mW). The fact of the matter is I actually find the N1 too loud at even the minimum volume on certain tracks on the main settings which are Hifi and HSA. The Studio V 3rd ANV actually has more headroom on its volume control than the N1 player.... :(

 

I do understand your point above about the sound signature not being your cup of tea. But on saying the player doesn't have more volume or power over a Sansa I cannot agree with....


Edited by lee730 - 2/15/13 at 2:01am
post #654 of 1082
I don't agree either about the clip+ being more powerful now that my studio anv. Is past the 100hr burn-in mark.I think the reason why you like the clip more then the n1 is because of the bass quantity it output , which for me is to much. The mids on the clip isn't that foward to my liking and resoultion suck compared to my studio anv. biggrin.gif
post #655 of 1082
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

I don't agree either about the clip+ being more powerful now that my studio anv. Is past the 100hr burn-in mark.I think the reason why you like the clip more then the n1 is because of the bass quantity it output , which for me is to much. The mids on the clip isn't that foward to my liking and resoultion suck compared to my studio anv. biggrin.gif


lol mochill I'm not even sure if the bass quantity on the Clip is more. I had the Fuze and the Fuze+ and I don't think it has more bass quantity than the N1. The N1 actually has nice bass quantity and quality. IMO it has better bass than the Studio V and more quantity to it :).

post #656 of 1082
Lol I wasn't looking for bass quantity when I ordered the studio v , I was looking for nuetrality and true to the source. Also an amazing battery life as well and that is exactly what I got. biggrin.gif
post #657 of 1082
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Lol I wasn't looking for bass quantity when I ordered the studio v , I was looking for nuetrality and true to the source. Also an amazing battery life as well and that is exactly what I got. biggrin.gif


Personally I wouldn't mind a tad more bass quantity and depth to the bass. I think it would make the Studio perfect then. Well get rid of the remaining hiss and fix UI and its a winner for sure :).

post #658 of 1082
The bass is deep while not being really mid bass orientated . I think its great , but if they boost the 0-40hz by 3db it will be better all together
post #659 of 1082
Maybe also adding custom eq option and making volume level to 40.
post #660 of 1082
Thread Starter 

lol if they add more volume they also need to allow for lower volume listening :). I think hiss is my number one gripe followed by the UI.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)