Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support) - Page 24

post #346 of 1082
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisound View Post

 

 ...there is none can design and manufacture our unique products in the world...

 

Sorry...just a minutes please XD

 

post #347 of 1082
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

There you go. And for some reasons, hisound, you still need to give a better QC, I know this is not the final product. But still, please make it better rolleyes.gif.
Edited by Massacare - 11/30/12 at 9:06am
post #348 of 1082

Hi Hisound,hi all,

I'm new in this forum and very interested about this new player,

it has a good preamble and seems really what I'm looking for,

I would like to know only if it has any equalizer implementation,

because sometimes I need to personalize the sound according

to the headphone.

Thank you

post #349 of 1082
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedecian View Post

Hi Hisound,hi all,
I'm new in this forum and very interested about this new player,
it has a good preamble and seems really what I'm looking for,
I would like to know only if it has any equalizer implementation,
because sometimes I need to personalize the sound according
to the headphone.
Thank you

Yes, it has equalizer settings. It's like 5-band equalizer setting for personal EQ (60Hz, 300Hz, 1000Hz, 3000Hz, and 6000Hz).
post #350 of 1082

What exactly was wrong with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massacare View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
There you go. And for some reasons, hisound, you still need to give a better QC, I know this is not the final product. But still, please make it better rolleyes.gif.
post #351 of 1082
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephKim View Post

What exactly was wrong with it.

The position of the LCD is not right (it's kinda tilted to the right a bit from the inside, maybe it was because of the shipping or whatsoever), white light leaks from the side of the LCD, the record button on the left is kinda weird to press (the tactile feeling disappears sometimes), the lightning brightness on the touch panel is not balance, and the most fatal is the left - right channel is swapped. Although in term of sound, it sounds quite clean (clearly better than ipod's headphone out).

Anyway, the unit that I received looks like a pre-production prototype or something like it, so yeah it will must be fixed on the final one. HiSound, you need to do hell of a job to get this thing right, but I admit, the sound is awesome indeed. Awesome sound packed in a small-slim DAP. biggrin.gif
Edited by Massacare - 11/30/12 at 11:44am
post #352 of 1082

Hows the power? What IEM did you use. Im wondering if it will be enough for my re262

post #353 of 1082
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephKim View Post

Hows the power? What IEM did you use. Im wondering if it will be enough for my re262

I've tested it with a lot of IEM. Starting from the whole HiSound's IEM line-up, a bunch of soundmagic IEMs, and Westone 3 rolleyes.gif.
The funny thing from this one is, if I use my own EQ (flat), the power is quite low, but when I use the Hi_Fi EQ (don't ask me why the hell is the Hi_Fi name comes up, but surely it brings up more power than the flat EQ), and yes it can make the Westone 3 goes up pretty loud (I have to turn down the volume from 32 (max) to 27, so yes it means it can power quite a lot of IEMs out there). I'll see if I can borrow my friend's Fitear 334 next week rolleyes.gif.
post #354 of 1082
I have a question. Is there any noticable hiss coming from Nova?

That's sad news about the channels not wired correctly. That really needs to be fixed or it cause a big headache.
post #355 of 1082

Oh man sounds like power output will be iffy.. well see :)

post #356 of 1082
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I have a question. Is there any noticable hiss coming from Nova?
That's sad news about the channels not wired correctly. That really needs to be fixed or it cause a big headache.

The hiss? Yes there is, I don't know why, but there is always a small quantity of hiss coming out from almost all hisound's product, especially in high volume. But the hiss in Nova is less than the RoCoo BA (which is the most "quiet" hiss in all hisound's DAP product line). So yeah, they really dig up the hiss problem in Nova.
Yep, that's the saddest part from this sample. Well, it's only a pre-production prototype anyway, I'm not commenting too much on the QC stuff biggrin.gif.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephKim View Post

Oh man sounds like power output will be iffy.. well see smily_headphones1.gif

Iffy or not, still, it can power up the fitear 334 and the akg k3003 quite well rolleyes.gif.
Edited by Massacare - 12/1/12 at 1:18am
post #357 of 1082
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massacare View Post


The hiss? Yes there is, I don't know why, but there is always a small quantity of hiss coming out from almost all hisound's product, especially in high volume. But the hiss in Nova is less than the RoCoo BA (which is the most "quite" hiss in all hisound's DAP product line). So yeah, they really dig up the hiss problem in Nova.
Yep, that's the saddest part from this sample. Well, it's only a pre-production prototype anyway, I'm not commenting too much on the QC stuff biggrin.gif.
Iffy or not, still, it can power up the fitear 334 and the akg k3003 quite well rolleyes.gif.


How much less hiss than on the BA? For me the BA was just short of being perfect in that regard. I mean do you hear any hiss at all during quite passages in music? If not then I think they at least got it right on that front. I still agree a completely black background would be very nice but as long as it don't interfere at all with music playback I can live with it as long as it sounds superb. :).

post #358 of 1082
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


How much less hiss than on the BA? For me the BA was just short of being perfect in that regard. I mean do you hear any hiss at all during quite passages in music? If not then I think they at least got it right on that front. I still agree a completely black background would be very nice but as long as it don't interfere at all with music playback I can live with it as long as it sounds superb. smily_headphones1.gif.

If you mean the hiss during the playing song, I would say I almost couldn't hear any hiss in it (if I'm not forcing myself to be too very picky as ******, yes there is almost no hiss in in the middle of the playing music. Although I admit sometimes I can be too picky rolleyes.gif.). But in term of power, the nova somehow is a bit less powerful than the RoCoo BA.
Edited by Massacare - 12/1/12 at 1:29am
post #359 of 1082
Thread Starter 

Well I'm also very picky. But its not from the lack of trying lol. If I hear it I hear it. Kinda hard to pretend not to hear something :P. The Rocoo BA is quite powerful as is even for IEMs. I use to use it around 12 to 15 max I think. I was also suppose to be receiving a review unit. If it means getting one without the issues you'd mentioned I'll be glad to wait ;).
 

post #360 of 1082
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Well I'm also very picky. But its not from the lack of trying lol. If I hear it I hear it. Kinda hard to pretend not to hear something :P. The Rocoo BA is quite powerful as is even for IEMs. I use to use it around 12 to 15 max I think. I was also suppose to be receiving a review unit. If it means getting one without the issues you'd mentioned I'll be glad to wait wink.gif.

From what I've read in your post, you stated that the BA is almost perfect and clean, so yeah this one is definitely less hiss than the RoCoo BA (except for the problem that I've written before, that's suck biggrin.gif).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)