I joined yesterday, but I've been on this forum a lot in the past.
Over the past few months, I've contemplated getting headphones for leisure, and gradually, I've waited for the perfect headphones to appear.
Sadly, there were none.
And as time passed I started taking classes in music technology, and I have developed a large passion for it. As my requirements changed, so did my taste of headphones.
But even then, choosing a pair of headphones was very difficult.
So I've come to the decision to ask all the audiophiles out there on this forum.
Here's what I'm looking for:
- Less than $400
- Good sound quality, obviously (doesn't have to be like WOW)
- Sexy, and I'm using this word because I feel like you people's definition of cool or good looking doesn't quite cut it for me.
- Portable. This is a must. I don't want long cables (and if there are long cables, is there any device or method to shorten the cables? If so, please enlighten me.)
- Studio Quality, I make songs very frequently. I record guitar and bass just for reference. I don't know how I've survived this far with a pair of Ink'd earbuds...
- Comfortable, to the point where I could wear the headphones for days straight.
- Durable, Must last for at least 3 years before they start breaking.
- Looking for headphones that will knock the socks off of my friends (both when they see them and listen to them)
I also want you guys' opinions on brands and which are usually the best. My music technology professor adores AKG. I also like the K550's and the K701's (and all the other ones that look similar). Philip Fidelio L1's look pretty sweet too.I also want to know how big these headphones are (if I should get them) and if they're portable.
I'm open to any suggestions.