Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Not Sure What Earphones to Get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Not Sure What Earphones to Get - Page 2

post #16 of 24
Thread Starter 

Oh alright, thanks a bunch for your help, I really appreciate it.

I'll probably ending up getting the Shure's after reading a few more reviews and whatnot.

post #17 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragileOne View Post

 

Yeah, I was also looking at the Shure's, they looked good. Good info on the RE0's, didn't know that about them. And I'm only 16 and my parents usually don't buy me things, so not too much over $100. Maybe $120?

 

Thanks for the earphonesolutions tip.

I definitely notice when headphones sound better. I can easily tell the difference but I couldn't compare two. Like, if you gave me one pair and another I could say which I find to be better, but I couldn't tell you which had better highs, mids, lows, and that sort of stuff. I get the general idea of that, but I can't tell mids apart very well.

Oh ok I see. I just know a lot of people buy expensive cables and all sorts of crap based on good reviews, and it is debatable weather they make a difference or not. And other people some times listen to a headphone they actually don't prefer (less bass/less "fun" sounding) just because others have told them its "better". Every one perceives sound differently, If you listen and make the choice for your self you will be a lot happier.

 

Microphonics is noise from the cable, when you use the cord over your ear the sound sort of gets absorbed by your ear instead of being audible in the headphones.

 

My 215's took me about a week to figure out how to put them in right but now it is just second nature like any other IEM's

 

I like over the ear cables but I sort of miss my S4's that I could just toss in my ear and they would stay.

post #18 of 24
Thread Starter 

How are the 215's with different genres of music? Like do they sound good with hip-hop/rap, alternative, rock, etc? Is the bass always there or only when it's needed? Because I like the listen to music with basically zero bass but it's acoustic with a higher pitched voice. Does it struggle with highs or is it fine? I probably won't be too picky as I've been using $20 headphones and they sound alright to me, but it's nice to know.

post #19 of 24

Another good IEM under $100 are the Fischer Audio Consonance, I was really surprised just how good the sound.  They have a V-shaped signature with really good bass, crips highs, mids that are detailed even though its V-shaped and a good soundstage, they cost $70.

post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragileOne View Post

How are the 215's with different genres of music? Like do they sound good with hip-hop/rap, alternative, rock, etc? Is the bass always there or only when it's needed? Because I like the listen to music with basically zero bass but it's acoustic with a higher pitched voice. Does it struggle with highs or is it fine? I probably won't be too picky as I've been using $20 headphones and they sound alright to me, but it's nice to know.

I'd say it is a lot more versatile than the S4's or on the opposite end Eytemonic's and over analytic headphones, and should go good with a lot of different music. The highs are a little laid back but the plus is that it is never sibilant an is only quoted to go up to 17.5kh but thats actually very high, not much up there besides cymbal and super high note overtones. The bass is a little emphasized but it is very tight and controlled not boomy at all, I find it perfect for an all around IEM due to there being no bass impact any where except on your ear, like there would be with real speakers or even headphones.

post #21 of 24
Thread Starter 

Alright thanks for the info. Where can I find a pair of Fischer Audio Consonance? I couldn't find them anywhere. Thanks.

post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragileOne View Post

Alright thanks for the info. Where can I find a pair of Fischer Audio Consonance? I couldn't find them anywhere. Thanks.

 

 

You can get them at Musica Acoustics and they have free shipping.  Don't pay attention to the one that says add to cart for the $10 shipping that's only if you want express shipping.

 

Here's the link, http://www.musicaacoustics.com/wp/headphones/fischer-audio-consonance/


Edited by Techno Kid - 10/5/12 at 3:03pm
post #23 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

 

 

You can get them at Musica Acoustics and they have free shipping.  Don't pay attention to the one that says add to cart for the $10 shipping that's only if you want express shipping.

 

Here's the link, http://www.musicaacoustics.com/wp/headphones/fischer-audio-consonance/

Cool, thank you.

post #24 of 24
i've never heard the she215s, but I suggest the RE0s or zeroes. They sound really really good for the price.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Not Sure What Earphones to Get