Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › REVIEW: The Frogbeats C4...an explosively good custom in ear monitor....SERIOUSLY!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: The Frogbeats C4...an explosively good custom in ear monitor....SERIOUSLY! - Page 11  

post #151 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Oh, I've read that already. Just waiting for a more detailed, in-depth comparison, as you stated above. Of course, what others choose to do with their time is completely their prerogative, so I can't really ask anyone to rush or do something they simply can't, or don't want to. 

I'm so glad that you understand it , i will write a review with more details after i spend more time with it , i don't want to rush because i don't want to miss anything  . Actually , the review above is my words ,not rakan . I borrow him his head-fi account to write it because i don't own any head-fi account . So from now on , i will use this account , not rakan any and from now , anything was written by rakan , it will be the real rakan , not me anymore ;))

 

Btw , again , the C4 really impress me in every aspects . In brief comparision , the C4 is the most neutral one between heir 4.Ai , fitear 334 . C4 play very accurate tone . Fitear 334 has thicker sound , warmer , bassier than the C4 and more forward mid . C4's high is shimmer and extend higher than both fitear 334 and heir 4.Ai without being feel fatigued . For the soundstage and image , it's really insane for an IEM , i can say c4 is the best iem i've ever heard or in my IEM list . I think LFF's review is right after all


Edited by LyPForever - 11/8/12 at 12:52am
post #152 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyPForever View Post

I'm so glad that you understand it , i will write a review with more details after i spend more time with it , i don't want to rush because i don't want to miss anything  . Actually , the review above is my words ,not rakan . I borrow him his head-fi account to write it because i don't own any head-fi account . So from now on , i will use this account , not rakan any and from now , anything was written by rakan , it will be the real rakan , not me anymore ;))

 

Btw , again , the C4 really impress me in every aspects . In brief comparision , the C4 is the most neutral one between heir 4.Ai , fitear 334 . C4 play very accurate tone . Fitear 334 has thicker sound and warmer , bassier than the C4 . C4's high is shimmer and extend higher than both fitear 334 and heir 4.Ai  . For the soundstage and image , it's really insane for an IEM , i can say c4 is the best iem i've ever heard or in my IEM list . I think LFF's review is right after all

 

Oh, less warm than the 334? And more treble extension? Definitely sounds neutral now. Good to hear about the soundstage! Pretty much decided on buying these, but I'll wait for even more positive experiences before I jump on them. 

post #153 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

 

Oh, less warm than the 334? And more treble extension? Definitely sounds neutral now. Good to hear about the soundstage! Pretty much decided on buying these, but I'll wait for even more positive experiences before I jump on them. 

Fitear 334 also have more forward and smoother mid . more bass than the C4 .

post #154 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyPForever View Post

Fitear 334 also have more forward and smoother mid . more bass than the C4 .

I did find the TG334 to be slightly warm, sort of like a vastly de-coloured W4. It's still very close to neutral for me, so hopefully the C4s won't vary too much. Thanks for the impressions, they were very, very helpful! 

 

Oh, and another question if you don't mind. You do say that the C4s are neutral, but how are they in terms of transparency? For example, one can be neutral and yet still be smooth sounding to the point where detail is lost, and it becomes not very transparent.

post #155 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

I did find the TG334 to be slightly warm, sort of like a vastly de-coloured W4. It's still very close to neutral for me, so hopefully the C4s won't vary too much. Thanks for the impressions, they were very, very helpful! 

 

Oh, and another question if you don't mind. You do say that the C4s are neutral, but how are they in terms of transparency? For example, one can be neutral and yet still be smooth sounding to the point where detail is lost, and it becomes not very transparent.

i agree with you ..... I did feel the TG334 a little bit warm and very close to neutral . The C4 keep high details level , transparent and very spacious . It's not as smooth as the fitear 334 but i do feel it has a good level of smoothness without sacrifice anything ^^ . I have no regret for getting the C4 :))

post #156 of 255

Would one equate "neutral" at this level to a lack of "musicality"? Or are they not the binary opposites that I am under the impression that they are?

post #157 of 255

Fitear 334 has a little bit more musicality with thicker and warmer sound . but that doesn't mean the C4s is lack of musicality . For overall presentation , i still prefer my c4 over my fitear 334 .


Edited by LyPForever - 11/8/12 at 2:32am
post #158 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCYC5 View Post

Would one equate "neutral" at this level to a lack of "musicality"? Or are they not the binary opposites that I am under the impression that they are?


I don't think that if a headphone is neutral then that means they lack musicality. Those i consider lack of musicality are something that sound very bright and analytical such as Sony SA5000.

 

Regarding the Fitear TG334! i would say that if you listen to vocal genre mostly then it is more musical than the C4 but because of its high level of smoothness, i think it lacks a little accuracy compared to the C4.

post #159 of 255
Awesome! You guys have me convinced smily_headphones1.gif

Now If I can work out the finances, youll see a pair of C4s in my display picture too...

Thank you gentlemen!
post #160 of 255
What does musicality mean? Is it the same for everyone?
post #161 of 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakan View Post

 

700

 

 

The build quality and color look nice. The only thing I don't like is the evidence of the stickers used for their logo.

post #162 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopp View Post

The build quality and color look nice. The only thing I don't like is the evidence of the stickers used for their logo.

So, do you mean that the logo is a sticker...as in sooner or later it will start pealing....frown.gif

post #163 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopp View Post

 

The build quality and color look nice. The only thing I don't like is the evidence of the stickers used for their logo.


Actually, the logos are inside the faceplates, not stickers.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

What does musicality mean? Is it the same for everyone?


Musical (or musicality) - A sense of cohesion and subjective "rightness" in the sound - From Describing Sound A Glossary

 

I think the thing called musicality is widely used in describing sound but actually it's very very subjective. From my observation so far, people tend to describe a headphone musical when it is easy to listen to because of the good midrange ( thick, lush,...) and non-fatiguing presentation as well as several more things. Moreover, as the definition above stated, it is not the same for everyone because everyone has his/her own standard of how the sound is right or wrong ;)


Edited by Rakan - 11/8/12 at 7:48pm
post #164 of 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakan View Post

Actually, the logos are inside the faceplates, not stickers.

 

Of course the logos are inside the shells. I was wrong, but it looks like something around the logos.

 

 

 

700


Edited by Sopp - 11/8/12 at 9:25pm
post #165 of 255

That pic is taken by David right after the production. I don't have any idea what sticks around the logo... seems like a plastic protector to keep the faceplates from scratches.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › REVIEW: The Frogbeats C4...an explosively good custom in ear monitor....SERIOUSLY!