Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › REVIEW: The Frogbeats C4...an explosively good custom in ear monitor....SERIOUSLY!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: The Frogbeats C4...an explosively good custom in ear monitor....SERIOUSLY! - Page 9  

post #121 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post

You better convince yourself that's the case now that you paid for it very_evil_smiley.gif

im not worried, its a subjective hobby anyway V shaped does it for me, ive got of 'neutral' ish stuff and ive pretty much got fed up with adjusting the fit of my universal iems as im on the move quite a lot, big cans for home use.

post #122 of 255
Thread Starter 

NOTE: I DO ANSWER QUESTIONS! I'm usually swamped with emails and PM's. If you want a direct answer and don't want to check on a thread everyday, then PLEASE PM ME or EMAIL ME. I am more than happy to chat about headphones.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamba315 View Post

You say C5 bass goes lower than C4, but LFF states C4 doesn't roll off until 10hz. Is he exaggerating? Why would you need to go any lower? I wonder how he can even tell its rolling off that low if those frequencies aren't audible? Hearing harmonics maybe? I'm a little confused, as any careful reader should be.
 


The C5 probably doesn't go lower as it might just be emphasized more.

 

How do I know it goes down to 10Hz? Because you FEEL it. Anything below 20Hz is technically not audible but you can feel it. I know it goes down to 10Hz because I played a 10Hz tone (the lowest tone I use) and I could feel the vibration. I didn't try 9Hz because I don't use a 9hz tone for test purposes. I know it starts rolling off because the 10Hz tone was every so slightly lower in volume than the 11Hz tone.

 

FWIW, I do not exaggerate and I try to be as unbiased in my reviews as possible without breaking any rules.

 

Many a company has sent me a headphone/amp/IEM/etc and I have chosen to not review them because I don't like them.

 

As for Paradox v C4...apples and oranges. One is full sized, closed orthodynamic and the other is a CIEM. When I go portable...I reach for the C4 without delay.


Edited by LFF - 10/30/12 at 6:31pm
post #123 of 255

Hi guys, I've also ordered a pair of C4's based on LFF's impressions. Over here in Europe, the C4's are about the same price as a pair of HE-500, and something like 60% of a pair of LCD-2's (not kidding), so it's kind of a no-brainer.

 

Like other have said too, David really has been very helpful in ordering. It's great to see a startup with great customer service from the beginning.

 

This hobby really involves a lot of waiting for stuff I order... :)

post #124 of 255
Thread Starter 

Awesome!

 

Congrats Skogman! If you like a neutral, accurate sound, the C4 is bound to impress!!!!

post #125 of 255

Bugger.

 

And I was all set on waiting to hear about the 1964 V6s.........

 

How would these compare to a 8.A?

post #126 of 255

1 day left ;)) the c4 will arrive , i'm so excited :D

post #127 of 255

Got the C4 :D i agree with LFF , it's neutral with crazy soundstage and imagine ^^

post #128 of 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakan View Post

Got the C4 :D i agree with LFF , it's neutral with crazy soundstage and imagine ^^

 

Hi Rakan,

 

Very nice. Can you compare C4 to any universal IEMs for the soundstage?

post #129 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakan View Post

Got the C4 :D i agree with LFF , it's neutral with crazy soundstage and imagine ^^

Congrats!  I have been considering the C4's also given the great review.

 

Since Frogbeats is just starting out with customs, how is the build quality?

 

Comparisons will be great.  Especially with the 334.


Edited by Tera-Fi - 11/5/12 at 12:04pm
post #130 of 255

i will do some impressions and comparisions after i spend more time with it :D , thx everyone ^^

 

btw ,c4's sound really impress me and the build quality is quite impressive too , it's really good , the shell quality much better than my UM Mage , however , i don't like the original box come with my c4 , same box with my heir 4.Ai with blue color X_X


Edited by Rakan - 11/5/12 at 12:20pm
post #131 of 255

A comparison with the PFE232 and Heir 4A.i would be greatly appreciated. biggrin.gif

post #132 of 255

Thanks Rakan.  I was going to bring up packaging, but left if out.  It is good to know.  If build quality > UM, that is a plus.

post #133 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post

A comparison with the PFE232 and Heir 4A.i would be greatly appreciated. biggrin.gif


I will let you know when i have a little more time with them and take my TG334! and Heir 4ai back for A/B comparison but if we talk about the soundstage and imaging, i think that the C4 is much better than all of the IEMs that i have owned which include UM Mage, IE8, Shure SE530PTH, W4, Phonak 232, Fi 10, Heir 4Ai and even my favorite FitEar To Go 334!. As LFF said, this thing images like crazy, which makes classical, new age and instrumental music feel so real.

post #134 of 255

This site is making my wallet cry.

post #135 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakan View Post
 and even my favorite FitEar To Go 334!. As LFF said, this thing images like crazy, which makes classical, new age and instrumental music feel so real.

Now that's some statement. Waiting for more comparisons.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › REVIEW: The Frogbeats C4...an explosively good custom in ear monitor....SERIOUSLY!