Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › NEW! Sony Extra Bass MDR-XB600 & MDR-XB800 unboxing videos
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW! Sony Extra Bass MDR-XB600 & MDR-XB800 unboxing videos - Page 5

post #61 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

 

 

 

 

So far on what I've heard the new xb600's are not worth the money but the new 800's have a comparable sound to the old 500's. Still begs the question, why not just buy the 500 for almost $100 less and get a more enjoyable sound?? If you want another option for a bass heavy can I would look to the M-Audio Q40's. They have bass that rivals the 500's but its a lot cleaner, less forced,  and you wont look as goofy if you took them out in public. Sound wise it would be a joke to compare the two. I've owned them both and its no contest. The xb500's are super fun cans but once you get over the first impressions its like now what?? The Q40's are super basshead cans that have real quality sound throughout the entire field of sound not just in the bottom end. The only downfall is that they have the strongest clamping force I have ever experienced in a headphone so it will take some time to lossen them up to make it to where they are wearable for longer than half an hour. Plus the pads are not the most supporting pads in the world so those will need to be changed too. But all in all they are still vastly better than the XB line of headphones and for just over $100 they are def worth the look.

 

Enough said. I'll pass. Thanks ; )

post #62 of 77

I got the 800s today and at first i wasn't satisfied with the sound but as i came home and compared it with the 500s i found that the do sound a bit more clearer and that the bass hits a bit harder and goes down lower. I hope after a few days that the sound gets better since i was kinda disappointed at first but i am slowly starting to like them

post #63 of 77

Hi hifiguy, 

 

I would like to get your opinion on whether I should purchase the XB-600 or the XB-800. I listen to EDM and place more emphasis on bass rather than the mids and highs. 

 

The sony store in my country is running a 30% discount on all headphones till Christmas hence I'm tempted to try out the new XB-lines. The 800s are out-of-stock at the moment (hope it's in stock before the discount ends) and they won't allow me to test out the 600s because apparently they're running short of supply. 

 

Cheers.

post #64 of 77

I tried all three in the store and i can say that the xb600 is the worse out of the 3 xb headphones out. 

post #65 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalacarlo View Post

I tried all three in the store and i can say that the xb600 is the worse out of the 3 xb headphones out. 

 

Agreed, it was awful. Can't believe how bad they turned out to be and how boring and dull they were. To go from the XB500 to that pile of garbage was really shocking. 

post #66 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

 

So far on what I've heard the new xb600's are not worth the money but the new 800's have a comparable sound to the old 500's. Still begs the question, why not just buy the 500 for almost $100 less and get a more enjoyable sound?? If you want another option for a bass heavy can I would look to the M-Audio Q40's. They have bass that rivals the 500's but its a lot cleaner, less forced,  and you wont look as goofy if you took them out in public. Sound wise it would be a joke to compare the two. I've owned them both and its no contest. The xb500's are super fun cans but once you get over the first impressions its like now what?? The Q40's are super basshead cans that have real quality sound throughout the entire field of sound not just in the bottom end. The only downfall is that they have the strongest clamping force I have ever experienced in a headphone so it will take some time to lossen them up to make it to where they are wearable for longer than half an hour. Plus the pads are not the most supporting pads in the world so those will need to be changed too. But all in all they are still vastly better than the XB line of headphones and for just over $100 they are def worth the look.

 

Guys I might see what makes you angry about the XB-600, but it is far from bad by any means, I did order one recently (though I did have a very negative prejudice about XB Sony line, did try an older one, XB500 or XB300 I think, and I did hate it, found it to be muddy to my ears, not pleasant at all).

It is not shipped yet BUT I did take a trip to my local store and it does have Philips Fidelio L1, Sennheiser Momentum, Sony MDR-1R, some other "expensive" cans, a lot of Beats and various more "consumer" cans. 

 

So I did check them, had the chance to compare XB-600 to MDR-1R and Fidelio L1. While XB600 are A LOT dark, I did love them. Comfy, isolates well (a guy was playing his spirit on a speaker just 2 meters from me), and ****LOADS better than MDR-1R, omg. I wanted to get MDR-1R from UK fellow sellers, have good bang for the buck there, but I was so disappointed. It doesn't isolates at all (even my actual JVC SA 360 OEM does the job better), the sound aims a fun tonality and it is, but it lacks some life, it was artificial, I didn't feel like I was listening to a 300$ gear.

 

I would not say the same about Fidelio L1, these cans are more airy, fun to listen, accurate, less bassy but so enjoyable (with an amp it will do the trick, without it average people will be in joy). XB-600 only needs a good amp or EQ to bring forth mids and highs, or get the bass a bit reccessed (it would DEFINITELY gain from being plugged to an amp), and you will have a wonderful pair of headphones with accurate music, good instrumental separation, and a deep-deep-deep bass. 

 

I can't wait for mine, and for those wondering if I'm a basshead, yea I might be... but I'm not that all, since I can't wait for my Fostex T50rp to get here too. Quite the difference, isn't it. 

 

My advice : go, try it & check it out before trashing on it. Some might not like it, some might like it.


Edited by Vanarian - 3/15/13 at 2:58pm
post #67 of 77

Saying abt xb600 there are nothing even closer to xb500.

New xb600 doesn't worth even 30 bucks. They are much more quiet than 500, do not have this awesome bass pressure and using an EQ I got a lot of bass distortion using PowerAMP@Samsung Note2 flac tracks. Even without EQ I have horrible bass distortion on volumes 8; 9 and 10. Connected to a PC they just quiet.

Sony discontinued xb500 that in my opinion is 10/10 as per price/performance I never had any of these issues with xb500/700 and now they're selling this crap.

Only one xb400 are really better that old 300 ones.

So do not waste your time take xb500 you more likely won't be disappointed if properly EQ.


Edited by escknx - 3/28/13 at 11:51pm
post #68 of 77
Thread Starter 

Yeah, the XB400 is better than XB300.  

 

I found the X10 to be better than XB800.  It is what the XB800 should have been.  I wonder if the XB900 is any different.  

Reply
post #69 of 77

How they dare put so cheap speakers into the xb600, seems to be competitor's sabotage:)

post #70 of 77
Why so much hate on XB600? Am I the only one to think that XB500 sounded crappy? I even found my JVC SA360 to have a better sound when I did try them. It was a while, but I remember well impressions about sounds. Go compare, figure it.

Damn guys, I can only recommend these 600 no matter how bad you think it is! Listening to them right now, Nickelback, and I love them.

For anybody who doesn't have any, TRY them before passing. For the others, well each people have its preferences. I'll pass on XB500 though.
post #71 of 77
Thread Starter 

the X10 are good.  I will have the X05 this weekend.  FedEx shows Friday delivery.

Reply
post #72 of 77
Can anyone compare the XB600 to the V-moda M100? Bass, mids, and highs. But what I want to know about the bass is the impact. Also I am using a Fiio e11 with L9 cable.
post #73 of 77

XB600 is ranked #2 in the under 10,000 Yen category behind the Sennheiser HD449:

 

http://www.visualgrandprix.com/vgp2013/vgp_p2_12.html

post #74 of 77

Sony MDR-1RNC is ranked higher than the Bose QC.

 

I dont understand what it says, but is the ranking by purchases (no. of units sold) or performance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post

XB600 is ranked #2 in the under 10,000 Yen category behind the Sennheiser HD449:

 

http://www.visualgrandprix.com/vgp2013/vgp_p2_12.html

post #75 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDIOBREEDER View Post

Sony MDR-1RNC is ranked higher than the Bose QC.

 

I dont understand what it says, but is the ranking by purchases (no. of units sold) or performance?

Performance.  MDR-1RNC got gold, K495NC silver, and QC3 bronze

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › NEW! Sony Extra Bass MDR-XB600 & MDR-XB800 unboxing videos