- 1,082 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/1/12
- productSony MDR-XB600/B Black | EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 10/1/12
- productSony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Blacktagged by System, 10/9/12
- productSony MDR-XB800tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productSony MDRXB800 Extra Bass Over The Head 50mm Driver Headphone, Blacktagged by System, 10/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Xb500 Conclusion & XB600-XB800 review. Last post on 10/19/13 at 3:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Xtra Bass Sony Headphones?? Last post on 4/11/13 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I want BASS in a full sized closed headphone. Can you help me? Last post on 2/14/13 at 6:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for dubstep BASS for $150 Last post on 2/5/13 at 6:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bassheads Rejoice Again! Sony Updates Extra Bass Headphones Last post on 5/30/13 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Introduction: I have had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few times at local Head-Fi meets. However, I have never got a good chance to listen to them, either the person who owned them...
At the time of this review, the iFi micro iDSD, iFi nano Gemini cable and iFi nano iUSB3.0 was for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are links for the purchase of these three...
These so far dethroned all my top headphones. Deeper more natural bass than the M50X, or the HE-400, better 3d imaging, and speed than the AD900x, better comfort than the DT990pro. Mine is...
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
NEW! Sony Extra Bass MDR-XB600 & MDR-XB800 unboxing videos - Page 3post #31 of 7710/1/12 at 10:55pmI remember how the xb500 & 700 were advertising how the plush ear pads help isolate sound and enhance bass. I wonder how the new on-ear design changes that...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 7710/2/12 at 12:20ampost #33 of 7710/2/12 at 12:23am
Hey heavybass, is the 212 in your name a reference to the HD 212 Pro (which coincidentally has very heavy bass) or an NYC thing? Or both?post #34 of 7710/2/12 at 7:20amThread Starter
So I spent some time with the XB700 & XB800. I have to say that the XB800 sounds veil when compared. The bass is a bit flabby, lack control. The comfort level is not as high as the XB700 either. I can't say it's a step up. The only thing I see good about it is it's more portable, but it doesn't come with a case or pouch.post #35 of 7710/2/12 at 7:24ampost #36 of 7710/2/12 at 7:32amThread Starterpost #37 of 7710/2/12 at 7:42ampost #38 of 7710/2/12 at 7:46am
Great one more to strike off the list:
BeyerDynamic Custom One
AKG K267 Tiesto
PSB M4U 1
Audio Technica ATH-WS99
Yamaha Pro 500
My highest hopes still reside in M100 & 1R followed by AKG K267 Tiesto.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 10/2/12 at 7:57ampost #39 of 7710/2/12 at 8:13am
OT: LOL, totally thought you were obobs for a second...post #40 of 7710/2/12 at 8:59am
ahahahahXD makes it fun doesnt it?post #41 of 7710/2/12 at 9:42am
I totally didn't think that I'd be the one falling for it...post #42 of 7710/2/12 at 10:12am
Ok.. i am not waiting for more comments on these new headphones, so i am buying back my old Xb500 Those things are "clasics" still dont know why i sold them!post #43 of 7710/2/12 at 3:21pmpost #44 of 7710/2/12 at 3:47pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW! Sony Extra Bass MDR-XB600 & MDR-XB800 unboxing videos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Just got my first pair of Over-ears. Advice on an Amp/DAC?? 9 seconds ago
- › Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones! 11 seconds ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 12 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 26 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 2 minutes ago
- › htc's new htc 10 is certified by the Japan Audio Society 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse