- 1,082 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/1/12
- productSony MDR-XB600/B Black | EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 10/1/12
- productSony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Blacktagged by System, 10/9/12
- productSony MDR-XB800tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productSony MDRXB800 Extra Bass Over The Head 50mm Driver Headphone, Blacktagged by System, 10/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Xb500 Conclusion & XB600-XB800 review. Last post on 10/19/13 at 3:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Xtra Bass Sony Headphones?? Last post on 4/11/13 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I want BASS in a full sized closed headphone. Can you help me? Last post on 2/14/13 at 6:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for dubstep BASS for $150 Last post on 2/5/13 at 6:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bassheads Rejoice Again! Sony Updates Extra Bass Headphones Last post on 5/30/13 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble:Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing in-ears....
NEW! Sony Extra Bass MDR-XB600 & MDR-XB800 unboxing videos - Page 3post #31 of 7710/1/12 at 10:55pmI remember how the xb500 & 700 were advertising how the plush ear pads help isolate sound and enhance bass. I wonder how the new on-ear design changes that...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 7710/2/12 at 12:20ampost #33 of 7710/2/12 at 12:23am
Hey heavybass, is the 212 in your name a reference to the HD 212 Pro (which coincidentally has very heavy bass) or an NYC thing? Or both?post #34 of 7710/2/12 at 7:20amThread Starter
So I spent some time with the XB700 & XB800. I have to say that the XB800 sounds veil when compared. The bass is a bit flabby, lack control. The comfort level is not as high as the XB700 either. I can't say it's a step up. The only thing I see good about it is it's more portable, but it doesn't come with a case or pouch.post #35 of 7710/2/12 at 7:24ampost #36 of 7710/2/12 at 7:32amThread Starterpost #37 of 7710/2/12 at 7:42ampost #38 of 7710/2/12 at 7:46am
Great one more to strike off the list:
BeyerDynamic Custom One
AKG K267 Tiesto
PSB M4U 1
Audio Technica ATH-WS99
Yamaha Pro 500
My highest hopes still reside in M100 & 1R followed by AKG K267 Tiesto.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 10/2/12 at 7:57ampost #39 of 7710/2/12 at 8:13am
OT: LOL, totally thought you were obobs for a second...post #40 of 7710/2/12 at 8:59am
ahahahahXD makes it fun doesnt it?post #41 of 7710/2/12 at 9:42am
I totally didn't think that I'd be the one falling for it...post #42 of 7710/2/12 at 10:12am
Ok.. i am not waiting for more comments on these new headphones, so i am buying back my old Xb500 Those things are "clasics" still dont know why i sold them!post #43 of 7710/2/12 at 3:21pmpost #44 of 7710/2/12 at 3:47pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW! Sony Extra Bass MDR-XB600 & MDR-XB800 unboxing videos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Focal Utopia impressions and discussion 25 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 26 seconds ago
- › How to eliminate stuttering in audio players? 1 minute ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Modding / Issues 4 minutes ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 5 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...