- 1,081 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/1/12
- productSony MDR-XB600/B Black | EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 10/1/12
- productSony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Blacktagged by System, 10/9/12
- productSony MDR-XB800tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productSony MDRXB800 Extra Bass Over The Head 50mm Driver Headphone, Blacktagged by System, 10/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Xb500 Conclusion & XB600-XB800 review. Last post on 10/19/13 at 3:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Xtra Bass Sony Headphones?? Last post on 4/11/13 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I want BASS in a full sized closed headphone. Can you help me? Last post on 2/14/13 at 6:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for dubstep BASS for $150 Last post on 2/5/13 at 6:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bassheads Rejoice Again! Sony Updates Extra Bass Headphones Last post on 5/30/13 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
NEW! Sony Extra Bass MDR-XB600 & MDR-XB800 unboxing videos - Page 3post #31 of 7710/1/12 at 10:55pmI remember how the xb500 & 700 were advertising how the plush ear pads help isolate sound and enhance bass. I wonder how the new on-ear design changes that...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 7710/2/12 at 12:20ampost #33 of 7710/2/12 at 12:23am
Hey heavybass, is the 212 in your name a reference to the HD 212 Pro (which coincidentally has very heavy bass) or an NYC thing? Or both?post #34 of 7710/2/12 at 7:20amThread Starter
So I spent some time with the XB700 & XB800. I have to say that the XB800 sounds veil when compared. The bass is a bit flabby, lack control. The comfort level is not as high as the XB700 either. I can't say it's a step up. The only thing I see good about it is it's more portable, but it doesn't come with a case or pouch.post #35 of 7710/2/12 at 7:24ampost #36 of 7710/2/12 at 7:32amThread Starterpost #37 of 7710/2/12 at 7:42ampost #38 of 7710/2/12 at 7:46am
Great one more to strike off the list:
BeyerDynamic Custom One
AKG K267 Tiesto
PSB M4U 1
Audio Technica ATH-WS99
Yamaha Pro 500
My highest hopes still reside in M100 & 1R followed by AKG K267 Tiesto.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 10/2/12 at 7:57ampost #39 of 7710/2/12 at 8:13ampost #40 of 7710/2/12 at 8:59am
ahahahahXD makes it fun doesnt it?post #41 of 7710/2/12 at 9:42ampost #42 of 7710/2/12 at 10:12am
Ok.. i am not waiting for more comments on these new headphones, so i am buying back my old Xb500 Those things are "clasics" still dont know why i sold them!post #43 of 7710/2/12 at 3:21pmpost #44 of 7710/2/12 at 3:47pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW! Sony Extra Bass MDR-XB600 & MDR-XB800 unboxing videos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 23 seconds ago
- › 2015 Central Florida Summer Meet @ LiveSoundWave in Orlando 8.1.2015 42 seconds ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread 1 minute ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones Consolidation. 3 minutes ago
- › Need help for choose headphones amp 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 6 minutes ago
- › 1st day with Fiio X3ii... is (a bit?) disappointing... 7 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)