- 1,082 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/1/12
- productSony MDR-XB600/B Black | EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 10/1/12
- productSony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Blacktagged by System, 10/9/12
- productSony MDR-XB800tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productSony MDRXB800 Extra Bass Over The Head 50mm Driver Headphone, Blacktagged by System, 10/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Xb500 Conclusion & XB600-XB800 review. Last post on 10/19/13 at 3:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Xtra Bass Sony Headphones?? Last post on 4/11/13 at 8:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I want BASS in a full sized closed headphone. Can you help me? Last post on 2/14/13 at 6:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for dubstep BASS for $150 Last post on 2/5/13 at 6:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bassheads Rejoice Again! Sony Updates Extra Bass Headphones Last post on 5/30/13 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Thought warranty was 5 years but found out the hard way it's only 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Introductory word They say that once you go black.... yeah. This is quite self-explanatory. And behold, black iFi Audio product emerged. I can only say - finally. Cheers to 'em English folks....
NEW! Sony Extra Bass MDR-XB600 & MDR-XB800 unboxing videos - Page 3post #31 of 7710/1/12 at 10:55pmI remember how the xb500 & 700 were advertising how the plush ear pads help isolate sound and enhance bass. I wonder how the new on-ear design changes that...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 7710/2/12 at 12:20ampost #33 of 7710/2/12 at 12:23am
Hey heavybass, is the 212 in your name a reference to the HD 212 Pro (which coincidentally has very heavy bass) or an NYC thing? Or both?post #34 of 7710/2/12 at 7:20amThread Starter
So I spent some time with the XB700 & XB800. I have to say that the XB800 sounds veil when compared. The bass is a bit flabby, lack control. The comfort level is not as high as the XB700 either. I can't say it's a step up. The only thing I see good about it is it's more portable, but it doesn't come with a case or pouch.post #35 of 7710/2/12 at 7:24ampost #36 of 7710/2/12 at 7:32amThread Starterpost #37 of 7710/2/12 at 7:42ampost #38 of 7710/2/12 at 7:46am
Great one more to strike off the list:
BeyerDynamic Custom One
AKG K267 Tiesto
PSB M4U 1
Audio Technica ATH-WS99
Yamaha Pro 500
My highest hopes still reside in M100 & 1R followed by AKG K267 Tiesto.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 10/2/12 at 7:57ampost #39 of 7710/2/12 at 8:13am
OT: LOL, totally thought you were obobs for a second...post #40 of 7710/2/12 at 8:59am
ahahahahXD makes it fun doesnt it?post #41 of 7710/2/12 at 9:42am
I totally didn't think that I'd be the one falling for it...post #42 of 7710/2/12 at 10:12am
Ok.. i am not waiting for more comments on these new headphones, so i am buying back my old Xb500 Those things are "clasics" still dont know why i sold them!post #43 of 7710/2/12 at 3:21pmpost #44 of 7710/2/12 at 3:47pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW! Sony Extra Bass MDR-XB600 & MDR-XB800 unboxing videos
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 26 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 43 seconds ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › HD 600 or 650? 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K553 Pro vs. AKG K550 MK II (and thoughts on the AKG K550 "MK I") 5 minutes ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear