Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Best $1000+ amp for Audeze LCD2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best $1000+ amp for Audeze LCD2

post #1 of 59
Thread Starter 
I'm going to purchase an Audeze LCD2 soon and would like some amp recommendations. I can spend somewhere between $1-3k. What do you recommend?
post #2 of 59
If I could suggest anything under: O2 + ODAC. Try it, you won't be disappointed. It drives the LCD-2 quite well and the amp is very transparent. smily_headphones1.gif
post #3 of 59

Mjolnir + Gungnir =done biggrin.gif

post #4 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

Mjolnir + Gungnir =done biggrin.gif

My vote is for Mjolnir + Gungnir. They both punch way above their weight.

 

The upcoming GS-X by Justin of Headamp.

 

EC Super 7 or EC Zana Deaux.

 

Plenty left off the list for one reasons or another.

post #5 of 59

Burson HA-160D, or the soloist. Either amp will be alright, depending if you want separates or a Dac/amp/pre combo. 

post #6 of 59

Had the LCD2 balanced with an Audio GD Phoenix and it is just MORE sound compared to SE.

It is a bit like being in the sound as just having it in front of you!
 

post #7 of 59

Don't count out the Bryston BHA-1

 

Well hell if the budget is up to 3k  go with a GS-X or Dynahi 

 

If you can swing it - go with the Dark Star.

post #8 of 59

Why anyone would recommend the Dark Star for the LCD's I do not know.

 

Plenty of alternatives give much better SQ for a lot less cost (according to other peoples reviews/opinions not mine directly)

post #9 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeljames View Post

Why anyone would recommend the Dark Star for the LCD's I do not know.

 

Plenty of alternatives give much better SQ for a lot less cost (according to other peoples reviews/opinions not mine directly)

 

 

^^ Be easy greasy - I just put it out there - I thought the SQ was among the best.  My bad^^

post #10 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

^^ Be easy greasy - I just put it out there - I thought the SQ was among the best.  My bad^^


Did not read like you were just 'puttin it out there'.

It read like you were recommending he spend $3500,which is already more than the $3000 budget, on a $1750 amp in a $1750 case for use with an headphone that it was not really designed for.

post #11 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeljames View Post


Did not read like you were just 'puttin it out there'.

It read like you were recommending he spend $3500,which is already more than the $3000 budget, on a $1750 amp in a $1750 case for use with an headphone that it was not really designed for.

 

 

Are you still fussing at me??  

 

Didn't I say - "MY BAD"  Now leave me along please.

post #12 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeljames View Post


Did not read like you were just 'puttin it out there'.

It read like you were recommending he spend $3500,which is already more than the $3000 budget, on a $1750 amp in a $1750 case for use with an headphone that it was not really designed for.

Pffft. How many of us really only stick with the 1 headphone...

 

Soon he'll have the T1 LCD-3, HE-6, HD800. And the Dark Star will then be pretty accommodating. wink_face.gif

 

I think the DS is actually a fantastic amp, even for the LCD's. Yea, there are "better" accommodating amps for that 1 specific headphone,

but, it is in his budget..kinda....

post #13 of 59

I read the new Audio Electronics by Cary Audio pairs well with the LCD-2.  I have the amp, but not the LCD-2. 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/610466/cary-audio-release-nighthawk-headphone-amp-may-21st-1200-usd

 

Reply
post #14 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

I read the new Audio Electronics by Cary Audio pairs well with the LCD-2.  I have the amp, but not the LCD-2. 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/610466/cary-audio-release-nighthawk-headphone-amp-may-21st-1200-usd

 

 

What are you pairing the Cary with? Looks really nice btw.

post #15 of 59
I am currently enjoying it with Beyer T1 & AKG K550. I'll run it through a few other cans to see which is my fav.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Best $1000+ amp for Audeze LCD2