I made the mistake of inadvertently going to to full-size headphone forum.
I want something that is easy to travel with for daily commuting on the train; they need not be perfect in the isolation, I don't like the pressure I feel from noise cancelers,
1. over-the-ear, fully, not one-the-ear
2. closed headphones.
3. easy to fold up
4. single cable attachment point
5. prefer swap-able cable, especially if the attachment is not proprietary.
1. I like to hear the bass, not feel it.
2. good detail and separation.
3. I like treble clarity, not bacon sizzling.
4. Music: classic rock, acoustic guitar (e.g., Simon & Garfunkel), some Jazz (MJQ), Frank Zappa, complex instrumentals.
5. I don't listen to heavy electro-music, or otherwise synthesized stuff, other than Franks' synclavier.
Budget: USD 250
I own ATH-50m, not portable.
I recently bought KRK KNS 8400, not portable (OK, I was in the wrong forum), and the attachment is proprietary
DT880 are my home rig, I like the fabric more than pleather cups.
T50p, I had considered these, though not over-the-ear, but the double cable attachment ruled it out.