That looks like a thick front plate.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by joe, 8/5/14
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by joe, 8/5/14
- brandBTG Audiotagged by System, 9/27/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by joe, 8/5/14
- productEmotiva mini-X a-100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Black Friday Dilemma -- LCD-2, HE-400 or HE-500 Last post on 11/29/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that seems to be highly regarded, but hasn't really...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from ALO/Campfire...
HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X A-100) Project - Page 174post #2596 of 378812/10/13 at 10:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2597 of 378812/10/13 at 10:22pmQuote:
Nope, it's easier than that. There are nuts internally on the other side of the speaker connections. Just loosen the nuts and put your wires directly on there and tighten the nuts. If you wanna go fancy then solder your wires on wire rings/spades. Parts used :
Gluck. PM me if you needed help.post #2598 of 378812/10/13 at 10:24pm
1/4" thick. It took 30 seconds to punch through on slow speed. The hole was nice and clean. With the cobalt bit, It was like drilling butter.post #2599 of 378812/11/13 at 1:17amQuote:
Would you say there's space to make a resistor network inside to attenuate a headphone out? Any ideas how it could be done without shorting stuff and keeping the resistors away from the other components?post #2600 of 378812/11/13 at 1:50ampost #2601 of 378812/11/13 at 2:41amQuote:Originally Posted by wje
Here's a link to the post in this thread with a few more details, pictures, etc. on how the 1/4" jack was mounted into the front panel. The work looks excellent!
Oh, with this amp on sale for $169 (again), I think it just proves that the few times each year Emotiva runs a sale, they are crazier than Schiit for what is offered.
Wayne. Hey man..post #2602 of 378812/11/13 at 2:42amQuote:
I might have asked this before.
Can you fit a 4-pin XLR connector there in the place of the SE connector?post #2603 of 378812/11/13 at 6:14amQuote:
I'll let you know in a month or 2 haha. I'm thinking a bit of hot glue to stuck the wires the the top of the chassis. Making sure not to glue the resistors so they don't overheat. Just the wires. This might make it extremely tricky to ever open the chassis again though haha.post #2604 of 378812/11/13 at 6:17amQuote:If anything this should take up less room inside. I just have to figure out how to make it solid and stay in place.
http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/26643-xlr-chassis-socket-4-pin-762-969-0-31.htmlpost #2605 of 378812/11/13 at 9:30amQuote:
I got mine from an eBay search for 5-way binding post.
Edited by robrob - 12/11/13 at 9:33ampost #2606 of 378812/11/13 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by Drsparis
If anything this should take up less room inside. I just have to figure out how to make it solid and stay in place.
I recommend you guys use Neutrik 4-Pin panel connectors. They're better quality for about the same price. I get mine on eBay. Search, "Neutrik 4 pin XLR panel."
I'd use small self-tapping screws to mount the XLR panel connector.post #2607 of 378812/11/13 at 11:47amQuote:
Unless your HP cable terminates in 4 pin XLR already and you can't change that or don't have the adapter to go from XLR to 1/4" plug, there's no benefit to put that on the Mini-X cuz it has shared ground.post #2608 of 378812/11/13 at 1:39pmQuote:
Thank you. Just the keyword I was looking for. Why should it be 5 way, aren't other types of binding posts fine?
Thinking about it, I might have access to an engine lathe in the future, I'd suppose that'd be able to drill a hole in the front cover of the emo. No need for binding posts then :-)
On the other hand, If I'll use other speaker amps.. Hmm..
Edited by davidsh - 12/11/13 at 1:47pmpost #2609 of 378812/11/13 at 1:42pmQuote:
That's true, it will just make it less compatible....post #2610 of 378812/11/13 at 3:39pm
- HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X A-100) Project
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 19 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 30 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 9 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 9 minutes ago
- › Article: "Why USB Cables Can Make a Difference" 12 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...