That looks like a thick front plate.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by joe, 8/5/14
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by joe, 8/5/14
- brandBTG Audiotagged by System, 9/27/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by joe, 8/5/14
- productEmotiva mini-X a-100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Black Friday Dilemma -- LCD-2, HE-400 or HE-500 Last post on 11/29/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X A-100) Project - Page 174post #2596 of 363912/10/13 at 10:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2597 of 363912/10/13 at 10:22pmQuote:
Nope, it's easier than that. There are nuts internally on the other side of the speaker connections. Just loosen the nuts and put your wires directly on there and tighten the nuts. If you wanna go fancy then solder your wires on wire rings/spades. Parts used :
Gluck. PM me if you needed help.post #2598 of 363912/10/13 at 10:24pm
1/4" thick. It took 30 seconds to punch through on slow speed. The hole was nice and clean. With the cobalt bit, It was like drilling butter.post #2599 of 363912/11/13 at 1:17amQuote:
Would you say there's space to make a resistor network inside to attenuate a headphone out? Any ideas how it could be done without shorting stuff and keeping the resistors away from the other components?post #2600 of 363912/11/13 at 1:50ampost #2601 of 363912/11/13 at 2:41amQuote:Originally Posted by wje
Here's a link to the post in this thread with a few more details, pictures, etc. on how the 1/4" jack was mounted into the front panel. The work looks excellent!
Oh, with this amp on sale for $169 (again), I think it just proves that the few times each year Emotiva runs a sale, they are crazier than Schiit for what is offered.
Wayne. Hey man..post #2602 of 363912/11/13 at 2:42amQuote:
I might have asked this before.
Can you fit a 4-pin XLR connector there in the place of the SE connector?post #2603 of 363912/11/13 at 6:14amQuote:
I'll let you know in a month or 2 haha. I'm thinking a bit of hot glue to stuck the wires the the top of the chassis. Making sure not to glue the resistors so they don't overheat. Just the wires. This might make it extremely tricky to ever open the chassis again though haha.post #2604 of 363912/11/13 at 6:17amQuote:If anything this should take up less room inside. I just have to figure out how to make it solid and stay in place.
http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/26643-xlr-chassis-socket-4-pin-762-969-0-31.htmlpost #2605 of 363912/11/13 at 9:30amQuote:
I got mine from an eBay search for 5-way binding post.
Edited by robrob - 12/11/13 at 9:33ampost #2606 of 363912/11/13 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by Drsparis
If anything this should take up less room inside. I just have to figure out how to make it solid and stay in place.
I recommend you guys use Neutrik 4-Pin panel connectors. They're better quality for about the same price. I get mine on eBay. Search, "Neutrik 4 pin XLR panel."
I'd use small self-tapping screws to mount the XLR panel connector.post #2607 of 363912/11/13 at 11:47amQuote:
Unless your HP cable terminates in 4 pin XLR already and you can't change that or don't have the adapter to go from XLR to 1/4" plug, there's no benefit to put that on the Mini-X cuz it has shared ground.post #2608 of 363912/11/13 at 1:39pmQuote:
Thank you. Just the keyword I was looking for. Why should it be 5 way, aren't other types of binding posts fine?
Thinking about it, I might have access to an engine lathe in the future, I'd suppose that'd be able to drill a hole in the front cover of the emo. No need for binding posts then :-)
On the other hand, If I'll use other speaker amps.. Hmm..
Edited by davidsh - 12/11/13 at 1:47pmpost #2609 of 363912/11/13 at 1:42pmQuote:
That's true, it will just make it less compatible....post #2610 of 363912/11/13 at 3:39pm
- HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X A-100) Project
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 17 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 24 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › What smartphone screen size do you prefer? 5 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)