That looks like a thick front plate.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by joe, 8/5/14
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by joe, 8/5/14
- brandBTG Audiotagged by System, 9/27/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by joe, 8/5/14
- productEmotiva mini-X a-100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Black Friday Dilemma -- LCD-2, HE-400 or HE-500 Last post on 11/29/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X A-100) Project - Page 174post #2596 of 366012/10/13 at 10:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2597 of 366012/10/13 at 10:22pmQuote:
Nope, it's easier than that. There are nuts internally on the other side of the speaker connections. Just loosen the nuts and put your wires directly on there and tighten the nuts. If you wanna go fancy then solder your wires on wire rings/spades. Parts used :
Gluck. PM me if you needed help.post #2598 of 366012/10/13 at 10:24pm
1/4" thick. It took 30 seconds to punch through on slow speed. The hole was nice and clean. With the cobalt bit, It was like drilling butter.post #2599 of 366012/11/13 at 1:17amQuote:
Would you say there's space to make a resistor network inside to attenuate a headphone out? Any ideas how it could be done without shorting stuff and keeping the resistors away from the other components?post #2600 of 366012/11/13 at 1:50ampost #2601 of 366012/11/13 at 2:41amQuote:Originally Posted by wje
Here's a link to the post in this thread with a few more details, pictures, etc. on how the 1/4" jack was mounted into the front panel. The work looks excellent!
Oh, with this amp on sale for $169 (again), I think it just proves that the few times each year Emotiva runs a sale, they are crazier than Schiit for what is offered.
Wayne. Hey man..post #2602 of 366012/11/13 at 2:42amQuote:
I might have asked this before.
Can you fit a 4-pin XLR connector there in the place of the SE connector?post #2603 of 366012/11/13 at 6:14amQuote:
I'll let you know in a month or 2 haha. I'm thinking a bit of hot glue to stuck the wires the the top of the chassis. Making sure not to glue the resistors so they don't overheat. Just the wires. This might make it extremely tricky to ever open the chassis again though haha.post #2604 of 366012/11/13 at 6:17amQuote:If anything this should take up less room inside. I just have to figure out how to make it solid and stay in place.
http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/26643-xlr-chassis-socket-4-pin-762-969-0-31.htmlpost #2605 of 366012/11/13 at 9:30amQuote:
I got mine from an eBay search for 5-way binding post.
Edited by robrob - 12/11/13 at 9:33ampost #2606 of 366012/11/13 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by Drsparis
If anything this should take up less room inside. I just have to figure out how to make it solid and stay in place.
I recommend you guys use Neutrik 4-Pin panel connectors. They're better quality for about the same price. I get mine on eBay. Search, "Neutrik 4 pin XLR panel."
I'd use small self-tapping screws to mount the XLR panel connector.post #2607 of 366012/11/13 at 11:47amQuote:
Unless your HP cable terminates in 4 pin XLR already and you can't change that or don't have the adapter to go from XLR to 1/4" plug, there's no benefit to put that on the Mini-X cuz it has shared ground.post #2608 of 366012/11/13 at 1:39pmQuote:
Thank you. Just the keyword I was looking for. Why should it be 5 way, aren't other types of binding posts fine?
Thinking about it, I might have access to an engine lathe in the future, I'd suppose that'd be able to drill a hole in the front cover of the emo. No need for binding posts then :-)
On the other hand, If I'll use other speaker amps.. Hmm..
Edited by davidsh - 12/11/13 at 1:47pmpost #2609 of 366012/11/13 at 1:42pmQuote:
That's true, it will just make it less compatible....post #2610 of 366012/11/13 at 3:39pm
- HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X A-100) Project
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Band Name Game II 36 seconds ago
- › Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator 40 seconds ago
- › The Ruizu X02 DAP appreciation thread 50 seconds ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 1 minute ago
- › PC Audio setup: +/- 200 bucks 1 minute ago
- › AKG K7XX 1 minute ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 2 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)