Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by joe, 8/5/14
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by joe, 8/5/14
- brandBTG Audiotagged by System, 9/27/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by joe, 8/5/14
- productEmotiva mini-X a-100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Black Friday Dilemma -- LCD-2, HE-400 or HE-500 Last post on 11/29/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample of Turbo X provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X A-100) Project - Page 16post #226 of 369011/25/12 at 8:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 369011/25/12 at 8:47am
Try running HE-500 off of a MiniWatt tube amp. On sale now at ALO. I tried a lot of amps and this is the best I ever heard. Running it from my Macbook Air into a DacPort LX,out to HE-500.post #228 of 369011/25/12 at 8:49ampost #229 of 369011/25/12 at 8:56ampost #230 of 369011/25/12 at 2:37pmpost #231 of 369011/25/12 at 4:16pm
He's a sweetie. If I knew what he looked like I'd probably offer him my hand in marriage.post #232 of 369011/25/12 at 6:01pmpost #233 of 369011/26/12 at 4:34am
I wonder if he can legitimately wear a white bridal gown. Hmmm...post #234 of 369011/26/12 at 9:03amQuote:
Unfortunately I'm already married.... But thats me in my avatar!post #235 of 369011/26/12 at 12:17pmpost #236 of 369011/26/12 at 12:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by chrislangley4253
In order to make the post somewhat relevant to the thread, I'll update with some impressions when the amp comes in. Granted they will be off my speakers.. But, my speakers aren't too shabby. I'm sure the Emotiva will offer a good improvement over this unknown model JVC receiver. I almost wish the T50RP were a little harder to drive :P
You can get a simple resistor or impedance cable to put between the amp and the T50RP to use it with the amplifier. Maybe a 50~75ohm resistor?
Very best,post #237 of 369011/26/12 at 12:59pmQuote:
Thanks, I'll look into that!post #238 of 369011/26/12 at 9:32pmQuote:
In that case the wedding's definitely off!
Oh, are you still talking about headphones, Chris? We finished with that long ago.
Edited by pp312 - 11/26/12 at 9:35pmpost #239 of 369011/27/12 at 7:22ampost #240 of 369011/27/12 at 7:54am
- HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X A-100) Project
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 36 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Comparing Amps By Just Asking Questions 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2