Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Black Friday Dilemma -- LCD-2, HE-400 or HE-500 Last post on 11/29/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-400 vs. HE-500 vs. HE-4 Comparison Last post on 12/2/13 at 11:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 11/26/13 at 3:36pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Euphonic Headphones - Sweet Midrange Last post on 11/26/13 at 11:13am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X A-100) Project - Page 16post #226 of 258611/25/12 at 8:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 258611/25/12 at 8:47am
Try running HE-500 off of a MiniWatt tube amp. On sale now at ALO. I tried a lot of amps and this is the best I ever heard. Running it from my Macbook Air into a DacPort LX,out to HE-500.post #228 of 258611/25/12 at 8:49ampost #229 of 258611/25/12 at 8:56ampost #230 of 258611/25/12 at 2:37pmpost #231 of 258611/25/12 at 4:16pmpost #232 of 258611/25/12 at 6:01pmpost #233 of 258611/26/12 at 4:34ampost #234 of 258611/26/12 at 9:03amQuote:
Unfortunately I'm already married.... But thats me in my avatar!post #235 of 258611/26/12 at 12:17pmpost #236 of 258611/26/12 at 12:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by chrislangley4253
In order to make the post somewhat relevant to the thread, I'll update with some impressions when the amp comes in. Granted they will be off my speakers.. But, my speakers aren't too shabby. I'm sure the Emotiva will offer a good improvement over this unknown model JVC receiver. I almost wish the T50RP were a little harder to drive :P
You can get a simple resistor or impedance cable to put between the amp and the T50RP to use it with the amplifier. Maybe a 50~75ohm resistor?
Very best,post #237 of 258611/26/12 at 12:59pmQuote:
Thanks, I'll look into that!post #238 of 258611/26/12 at 9:32pmQuote:
In that case the wedding's definitely off!
Oh, are you still talking about headphones, Chris? We finished with that long ago.
Edited by pp312 - 11/26/12 at 9:35pmpost #239 of 258611/27/12 at 7:22ampost #240 of 258611/27/12 at 7:54am
- HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X A-100) Project
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 18 seconds ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 28 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 41 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › Where do New Zealanders get their gear from? 3 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead SEX 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi