Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by joe, 8/5/14
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by joe, 8/5/14
- brandBTG Audiotagged by System, 9/27/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by joe, 8/5/14
- productEmotiva mini-X a-100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Black Friday Dilemma -- LCD-2, HE-400 or HE-500 Last post on 11/29/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X A-100) Project - Page 16post #226 of 363911/25/12 at 8:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 363911/25/12 at 8:47am
Try running HE-500 off of a MiniWatt tube amp. On sale now at ALO. I tried a lot of amps and this is the best I ever heard. Running it from my Macbook Air into a DacPort LX,out to HE-500.post #228 of 363911/25/12 at 8:49ampost #229 of 363911/25/12 at 8:56ampost #230 of 363911/25/12 at 2:37pmpost #231 of 363911/25/12 at 4:16pmpost #232 of 363911/25/12 at 6:01pmpost #233 of 363911/26/12 at 4:34ampost #234 of 363911/26/12 at 9:03amQuote:
Unfortunately I'm already married.... But thats me in my avatar!post #235 of 363911/26/12 at 12:17pmpost #236 of 363911/26/12 at 12:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by chrislangley4253
In order to make the post somewhat relevant to the thread, I'll update with some impressions when the amp comes in. Granted they will be off my speakers.. But, my speakers aren't too shabby. I'm sure the Emotiva will offer a good improvement over this unknown model JVC receiver. I almost wish the T50RP were a little harder to drive :P
You can get a simple resistor or impedance cable to put between the amp and the T50RP to use it with the amplifier. Maybe a 50~75ohm resistor?
Very best,post #237 of 363911/26/12 at 12:59pmQuote:
Thanks, I'll look into that!post #238 of 363911/26/12 at 9:32pmQuote:
In that case the wedding's definitely off!
Oh, are you still talking about headphones, Chris? We finished with that long ago.
Edited by pp312 - 11/26/12 at 9:35pmpost #239 of 363911/27/12 at 7:22ampost #240 of 363911/27/12 at 7:54am
- HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X A-100) Project
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 18 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 - New Audiophile DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz) 13 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 13 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro & DT990 Pro (Comparison w/ pictures!) 14 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 17 minutes ago
- › How do I rip the best quality files for my Dap 17 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)