Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by joe, 8/5/14
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by joe, 8/5/14
- brandBTG Audiotagged by System, 9/27/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by joe, 8/5/14
- productEmotiva mini-X a-100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productGrado SR-80tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Black Friday Dilemma -- LCD-2, HE-400 or HE-500 Last post on 11/29/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
I've been into vinyl previously but in the mid-90's, sold my high end VPI table and never looked back. I ended up recently with a bunch of new records and nothing to play them on, and decided to...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X A-100) Project - Page 16post #226 of 378811/25/12 at 8:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 378811/25/12 at 8:47am
Try running HE-500 off of a MiniWatt tube amp. On sale now at ALO. I tried a lot of amps and this is the best I ever heard. Running it from my Macbook Air into a DacPort LX,out to HE-500.post #228 of 378811/25/12 at 8:49ampost #229 of 378811/25/12 at 8:56ampost #230 of 378811/25/12 at 2:37pmpost #231 of 378811/25/12 at 4:16pm
He's a sweetie. If I knew what he looked like I'd probably offer him my hand in marriage.post #232 of 378811/25/12 at 6:01pmpost #233 of 378811/26/12 at 4:34am
I wonder if he can legitimately wear a white bridal gown. Hmmm...post #234 of 378811/26/12 at 9:03amQuote:
Unfortunately I'm already married.... But thats me in my avatar!post #235 of 378811/26/12 at 12:17pmpost #236 of 378811/26/12 at 12:43pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by chrislangley4253
In order to make the post somewhat relevant to the thread, I'll update with some impressions when the amp comes in. Granted they will be off my speakers.. But, my speakers aren't too shabby. I'm sure the Emotiva will offer a good improvement over this unknown model JVC receiver. I almost wish the T50RP were a little harder to drive :P
You can get a simple resistor or impedance cable to put between the amp and the T50RP to use it with the amplifier. Maybe a 50~75ohm resistor?
Very best,post #237 of 378811/26/12 at 12:59pmQuote:
Thanks, I'll look into that!post #238 of 378811/26/12 at 9:32pmQuote:
In that case the wedding's definitely off!
Oh, are you still talking about headphones, Chris? We finished with that long ago.
Edited by pp312 - 11/26/12 at 9:35pmpost #239 of 378811/27/12 at 7:22am
- HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X A-100) Project
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 40 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › LG G5 b&o module 58 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › NECO SOUNDLABS PORTABLE V.2 AMP 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Sunday, October 16, 2016 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...