Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X A-100) Project
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X A-100) Project - Page 126

post #1876 of 3639

Do you think it is worth trying to fix an old Luxman l-430, which has been played too loudly (one channel doesn't work)?

post #1877 of 3639
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

Do you think it is worth trying to fix an old Luxman l-430, which has been played too loudly (one channel doesn't work)?

 

It looks like a nice piece, you are better off asking over at AudioKarma regarding the repairs.

post #1878 of 3639
Hi there everyone. I was thinking of trying this bad boy. However my HP cables are terminated with a 3.5mm jack. Is it possible to order an adapter to use with the emotiva?
post #1879 of 3639
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohdkhamsya View Post

Hi there everyone. I was thinking of trying this bad boy. However my HP cables are terminated with a 3.5mm jack. Is it possible to order an adapter to use with the emotiva?

Yes. Most of the cable companies could make that for you.

Another option is to ask a DIYer here to make one like you've seen in the pictures.

Or if you have a soldering iron it is pretty simple to do. Even easier with solderless plugs.

Here is one I finished last week.
post #1880 of 3639
Aaaah. Okay. Now to figure out if I can get this amp shipped to Singapore.
post #1881 of 3639
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohdkhamsya View Post

Aaaah. Okay. Now to figure out if I can get this amp shipped to Singapore.

 

Use aliexpress or another site like it, Lepai amps are all over it.

post #1882 of 3639
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

 

Use aliexpress or another site like it, Lepai amps are all over it.

 

Cant seem to find the emotivas on aliexpress. Ill check if there's a local dist. Thanks!

post #1883 of 3639
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohdkhamsya View Post
 

 

Cant seem to find the emotivas on aliexpress. Ill check if there's a local dist. Thanks!

 

Didn't think Emotiva had resellers. Pretty sure they do ordering etc themselves.

post #1884 of 3639
Quote:
Originally Posted by nk77 View Post
 

 

Didn't think Emotiva had resellers. Pretty sure they do ordering etc themselves.

 

 

Damn. I'll see if they're willing to ship internationally.

post #1885 of 3639

They do - http://www.emotiva.com/faq/international_quote. You can't use the typical orders on the main web store.

They do Fedex since they have an "in" with them or something, I can't remember. You can ask for an alternative shipping service like DHL but it'd become markedly more expensive.

post #1886 of 3639
Hells yeah!!!! Woohoo. Thank you people. Excited excited. Is there anyone who would be willing to make me a nice diy 3.5mm female to banana plugs. Otherwise I'll get it from btg. Pretty decent prices too.
post #1887 of 3639
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohdkhamsya View Post

Hells yeah!!!! Woohoo. Thank you people. Excited excited. Is there anyone who would be willing to make me a nice diy 3.5mm female to banana plugs. Otherwise I'll get it from btg. Pretty decent prices too.

Brian from BTG-AUDIO does good work at reasonable prices. Can't go wrong with that.
post #1888 of 3639

The price plus shipping to Singapore is pretty steep guys. USD 300. This is not including the cable retermination I intend to do. Its making me rethink if I should get it. Plus, there's someone selling a 3 year old marantz sr3001 receiver for like USD100. I don't really know much about speaker amps to pair with my he 500s. Except for what I've already been told in my previous posts. Anyone care to comment on the marantz? It can accommodate a 7.1 speaker setup, and outputs a maximum of 60wpc @ 8ohms.

post #1889 of 3639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post


Yes. Most of the cable companies could make that for you.

Another option is to ask a DIYer here to make one like you've seen in the pictures.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Or if you have a soldering iron it is pretty simple to do. Even easier with solderless plugs.

Here is one I finished last week.

 

I think Mohdkhamsyawas looking at going from 3.5mm jack to speaker taps. Not sure how that affects using the Emotiva amp regarding common 3.5mm jack ground.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohdkhamsya View Post
 

The price plus shipping to Singapore is pretty steep guys. USD 300. This is not including the cable retermination I intend to do. Its making me rethink if I should get it. Plus, there's someone selling a 3 year old marantz sr3001 receiver for like USD100. I don't really know much about speaker amps to pair with my he 500s. Except for what I've already been told in my previous posts. Anyone care to comment on the marantz? It can accommodate a 7.1 speaker setup, and outputs a maximum of 60wpc @ 8ohms.

 

There are some good DIYers here that could get you some full cables and adapters for when you feel like using a speaker amp. Or BTG audio seems to be another popular one. Q-cables? Yes the Emotiva would have cost me more than half the price in shipping alone - probably sooner get that than the Marantz still. But for $100 it is quite cheap. Is the Marantz in good condition? Refurb'd? Do you want to use its inbuilt DAC? What headphones are you using?

post #1890 of 3639

See if you can find something closer to home? Its also worth looking at T-amps (Trends Audio) and something like the Lepai's. The Hifiman's definitely like speaker amps! The Mini-X with its free shipping to the US and good return policy is a no-brainer for US citizens. I stuck with the higher shipping costs to South Africa, because I wanted an amplifier that I could later use as a proper desktop speaker amplifier or make it easier to sell later on. The only other amplifier I could find with similar power delivery and form factor was the Rega Brio-R which costs more than double compared to the Emotiva over here, though it does have more features and a phono input.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X A-100) Project