Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Apple EarPods Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple EarPods Appreciation Thread - Page 21

post #301 of 314

Finally received Ear Skinz today. They really improve the bass! Definitely more bass with far improved impact. I have two earpods. One with Ear Skinz and one without. The difference is very dramatic. I've been using regular Yuin foamies and this Skinz are much better. I say the Ear Skinz are definitely needed but brings the price of these headphones to $40. Personally, I have had the Yuin PK1, PK3, and OK1 and I'd rather have a pair of these Ear Pods with the Ear Skinz. Yuin earbuds are either unreliable, expensive, and/or require tons of amplification.

post #302 of 314

wind - now try stretching a pair of foamies over the fitted earskinz ........

post #303 of 314
These sound great, as good as my sony ex85s and monoprices nice thing is they very comfortable:D
post #304 of 314
I love my EarPods. Oh, baby, headbanging with EarPods are cool.
post #305 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcadoStalker7 View Post

I love my EarPods. Oh, baby, headbanging with EarPods are cool.


You guys might laugh at me for this.. but I got the JDS Labs C5D.. and decided to amp these just to see what would happen. 

The upper range clarity really opens up a bit. :D 

Don't worry, though, I bought the amp for my B&O H6. Not exclusively for these :) I just had to satisfy my curiosity. 

Also, when amping these, DO NOT click the volume buttons on the headphone inline mic. :P You will probably damage them if you do.

post #306 of 314
Late arrival at the party here, but I am a fast drinker so let's get on it!

I love how bloody brilliant these sound with my HTC One M8. Sheer bliss.

I kick myself how much I have spent and how much time I have wasted with IEMs of all sorts of shapes and sonic flavours over the last couple of years, when these little beauties have been readily available for such peanuts. Bah.

In fact, I would go so far as to say I can't listen to IEMs any more. They sound so unnatural in comparison.
post #307 of 314
And
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungryhoss View Post

Late arrival at the party here, but I am a fast drinker so let's get on it!

I love how bloody brilliant these sound with my HTC One M8. Sheer bliss.

I kick myself how much I have spent and how much time I have wasted with IEMs of all sorts of shapes and sonic flavours over the last couple of years, when these little beauties have been readily available for such peanuts. Bah.

In fact, I would go so far as to say I can't listen to IEMs any more. They sound so unnatural in comparison.
And if you pair them with a Zo2.3 you won't believe the results
post #308 of 314

i love my earpods.

using them in my sleep.

i pair it with my iphone 5c and ak10 :)

post #309 of 314

Can anyone recommend a full size headphone with similar sound signature? There is nothing I find wrong with the overall balance of the earpods, and the comfort is just perfect, I was wondering what would be a direct upgrade to it with the same balance

post #310 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigim101 View Post

Can anyone recommend a full size headphone with similar sound signature? There is nothing I find wrong with the overall balance of the earpods, and the comfort is just perfect, I was wondering what would be a direct upgrade to it with the same balance
Beats? Sorry. Couldn't resist.
post #311 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelai57 View Post


Beats? Sorry. Couldn't resist.

lol.. Ive tried about 10 pairs of headphones in the mid-fi tier that I can't seem to be satisfied with, I think i might just have to save up and get something like an hd600. 

post #312 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigim101 View Post
 

Can anyone recommend a full size headphone with similar sound signature? There is nothing I find wrong with the overall balance of the earpods, and the comfort is just perfect, I was wondering what would be a direct upgrade to it with the same balance


I'm assuming you want something similar to the EarPods...  Logitech Ultimate Ears over-ear offerings are actually similar in signature (since they are discontinued, they are pretty cheap now).  So is the NuForce HP800.  V-Moda's offerings may also tide you over, though they offer a little more control to the bass.  

post #313 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelai57 View Post


Beats? Sorry. Couldn't resist.

:tongue_smile:

post #314 of 314

Just received my iPhone 6.

The Earpods are fantastic.

I did a short test (source: iPhone 6, which is really excellent).

Apple Earpods

vs.

Sennheiser 25 and Nocs NS400

Seriously, those are very-very good...

Pretty neutral (on the warm side though), very airy, huge soundstage, excellent imaging, nice warm (but not recessed) mids, and what not for $29,90?

I hate to say it, but the Apple EarPods are just amazing (not only for the price).


Edited by Hairspray - 11/7/14 at 1:30pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Apple EarPods Appreciation Thread