Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? - Page 10

post #136 of 172

I'm using Luxman P-700u and SAEC balanced headphone cable for HD800. P-700u is transparent and has no color. Though I doubt it is worth money, I love it.

post #137 of 172

I would never get HeadAmp GS-X , no matter how good it is, if I had to wait for more than a couple of weeks.

The guy, whoever he is, should hire some marketing specialist to plan his business ahead.

Giving money means  getting something in return (right away).  Waiting period is very unhealthy.

post #138 of 172

I would never have a baby, no matter how cute it is, if I had to wait more than a couple of weeks.

 

My wife, whoever she is, should hire some gestation specialist to plan her pregnancy ahead.

 

Giving sperm means getting a baby in return (right away).  Waiting for her period is very unhealthy.

post #139 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by vovkinson View Post
 

I would never get HeadAmp GS-X , no matter how good it is, if I had to wait for more than a couple of weeks.

The guy, whoever he is, should hire some marketing specialist to plan his business ahead.

Giving money means  getting something in return (right away).  Waiting period is very unhealthy.

 

It is up to you but Justin's products are one of the top or if not at the top of the audio food chain.  His craftsmanship is second to none as well as the design prowess & attention to details.  It worths the wait in my opinion.  Maybe you will change your mind when you get to appreciate his products in person.  It sure did change me.

post #140 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseree View Post
 

I'm using Luxman P-700u and SAEC balanced headphone cable for HD800. P-700u is transparent and has no color. Though I doubt it is worth money, I love it.

 

Can't you pick that up locally in Japan for $2000 USD? Not bad.

 

-Daniel

post #141 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_head View Post
 

I would never have a baby, no matter how cute it is, if I had to wait more than a couple of weeks.

 

My wife, whoever she is, should hire some gestation specialist to plan her pregnancy ahead.

 

Giving sperm means getting a baby in return (right away).  Waiting for her period is very unhealthy.


you have issues. See the doctor asap.

post #142 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by vovkinson View Post

I would never get HeadAmp GS-X , no matter how good it is, if I had to wait for more than a couple of weeks.
The guy, whoever he is, should hire some marketing specialist to plan his business ahead.
Giving money means  getting something in return (right away).  Waiting period is very unhealthy.
Justin has a strong following so the plan works for him and his following. Sometimes a wait just heightens the initial joy upon delivery.......wink.gif
post #143 of 172
Quote:vovkinson
 you have issues. See the doctor asap.

Pot, kettle, black...

post #144 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post


Justin has a strong following so the plan works for him and his following. Sometimes a wait just heightens the initial joy upon delivery.......wink.gif


I know. was kidding. :)

post #145 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by vovkinson View Post

I would never get HeadAmp GS-X , no matter how good it is, if I had to wait for more than a couple of weeks.



The guy, whoever he is, should hire some marketing specialist to plan his business ahead.



Giving money means  getting something in return (right away).  Waiting period is very unhealthy.


 



GSXMk2 is a great amp but I have to agree with you.
I cannot imagine how long it will take to repair a unit knowing that it's a small business, (a one man shop.)

And beside you don't know how long the company will last. frown.gif i hope he does well, I am just saying (IMHO)
post #146 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vovkinson View Post
 

I would never get HeadAmp GS-X , no matter how good it is, if I had to wait for more than a couple of weeks.

 

The guy, whoever he is, should hire some marketing specialist to plan his business ahead.

 

Giving money means  getting something in return (right away).  Waiting period is very unhealthy.

 



GSXMk2 is a great amp but I have to agree with you.
I cannot imagine how long it will take to repair a unit knowing that it's a small business, (a one man shop.)

And beside you don't know how long the company will last. frown.gif i hope he does well, I am just saying (IMHO)


That's why I went with Luxman p1u route instead of GS-X. I have to admit though. the Luxman did not sound good when I first powered the amp (flat and boring)  but after "burning" it for a couple of hundred hours - it's a different story now, especially when using the balanced inputs .

Go figure...

post #147 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by vovkinson View Post


That's why I went with Luxman p1u route instead of GS-X. I have to admit though. the Luxman did not sound good when I first powered the amp (flat and boring)  but after "burning" it for a couple of hundred hours - it's a different story now, especially when using the balanced inputs .

Go figure...

 



Ya I might go with Dark Star/Liquid Gold instead of GSMK2, Ray's customer service and his response time continue to impress me smily_headphones1.gif
post #148 of 172

2 of the best choices for the HD800 are made by one man shops and (unfortunately) require fairly long wait times:

 

Tube: DNA Stratus

SS: GSX mkII

post #149 of 172

Sonic bliss?  Damned close. 

 

I second the Luxman advice.  Get any Luxman you can get your hands on.  I had a P-1u but not with the HD800.  Others say it's great with the HD800, and I can attest to how good it is with other headphones.

post #150 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post
Ya I might go with Dark Star/Liquid Gold instead of GSMK2, Ray's customer service and his response time continue to impress me smily_headphones1.gif

Cavalli and RSA are also one man companies essentially, so if that is really such an issue for you then they're out too.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss?