Anyone know anything about these?
Related Forum Threads
- PLEASE read if you like lady porridge or headphones Last post on 5/15/13 at 12:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 2/17/15 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
RHA SA950ipost #1 of 329/27/12 at 6:32amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 329/27/12 at 9:23ampost #3 of 329/27/12 at 12:06pmpost #4 of 3210/12/12 at 1:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by jonathanjong
Anyone know anything about these?
It's gonna be in Apple stores on October 30th or 31st I think. I've posted a little bit of info here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/630148/rhas-new-sa950i-is-gonna-be-in-apple-stores
Yeah, me too! Ima get a review sample of these as I'm pretty curious about how they sound.
I've got a pair of their MA350 IEMs and I have been very impressed with them so far - especially in light of what they are ($40 IEMs).post #5 of 3210/23/12 at 7:26am
CultofMac.com just put up a review...
Sounds pretty positive. They look nice...it seems the build quality is a little lacking though. The question for me is...do they sound better than my Incase Sonics, which are my daily commute 'phones.post #6 of 3210/24/12 at 2:08pm
tinyman392, have to gotten yours yet? Interested in what your initial impressions are. Feel free to PM me.Quote:Originally Posted by Ronin317
CultofMac.com just put up a review...
Hmm, the dude listens mainly to podcasts and audiobooks... bit weird.Quote:
Ima be doing a review on these soon. Don't have a pair of Incase Sonics though so I can't tell you how they'd stack up. Is there anything in my inventory that you would say sounds similar to the Sonics?post #7 of 3210/24/12 at 3:19pmpost #8 of 3210/24/12 at 3:55pmpost #9 of 3210/25/12 at 7:38amQuote:
Hmm, the dude listens mainly to podcasts and audiobooks... bit weird.
Ima be doing a review on these soon. Don't have a pair of Incase Sonics though so I can't tell you how they'd stack up. Is there anything in my inventory that you would say sounds similar to the Sonics?
I wish I had a better answer for you, as I only have limited experience with headphones, and only a passing listen on anything on your list. The Sonics have a balanced signature after break-in, Bassy if the music calls for it, and pretty clear mids & highs. They can get a little harsh, especially on more shrill and precise instruments like a violin , but I suspect that could also be a recording quality or compression issue. For the price they were on Woot (~$50), I'm happy as hell with them. The build quality and comfort are excellent as well. However, after listening to a pair of B&W P5's, I find myself wanting more. Does that help?post #10 of 3210/26/12 at 2:21am
LOL, yes and no.Quote:Originally Posted by Ronin317
I wish I had a better answer for you, as I only have limited experience with headphones, and only a passing listen on anything on your list. The Sonics have a balanced signature after break-in, Bassy if the music calls for it, and pretty clear mids & highs. They can get a little harsh, especially on more shrill and precise instruments like a violin , but I suspect that could also be a recording quality or compression issue.
I would say that it leans a bit towards the darker side. The mids aren't overly or irritatingly recessed to the point of lo-fi cans, but I definitely would not label it mid-centric. The low end can be a bit boomy at times, and I suppose "bassy if the music calls for it" could fit. I find the highs to be a bit rolled off for my tastes, though there are people I know here who would find them totally acceptable. I don't want to say too much as I have yet to put a whole lot of time into the unit yet, but they are certainly not bad cans so far.
I'll be putting in a lot more ear time this coming weekend. Are there any particular test tracks that you'd like me to audition with them?post #11 of 3210/27/12 at 1:46pmpost #12 of 3210/27/12 at 6:54pmpost #13 of 3210/29/12 at 8:14am
Quick impressions... Overall signature is very balanced with a slight mid-bass focus and soft, splashy highs. Mids are warm with a nice sweetness. More will come with time. I'm about 30 hours in with the burn in process.post #14 of 3210/29/12 at 2:38pmQuote:
Thanks tinyman! Nice description. It's starting to get that way for me with more ear time. The LF response seems to calm down after the first 8 hours or so.
Been very occupied with a couple other RHA units lately, so this one hasn't been getting my full attention as of late. However, my experience with the other RHA units has been that they are indeed the real deal and not just a Johnny-come-lately at all... and so far, the SA950i is fitting in nicely with those expectations.post #15 of 3210/29/12 at 3:28pm
Wondering if anyone has used these with an android device - or specifically a Galaxy S3? I'm thinking of getting a pair of these for my commute and need to be able to answer calls etc. Anyone been there with these?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RHA SA950i
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 16 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 7 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 12 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player... 14 minutes ago
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2