Anyone know anything about these?
Related Forum Threads
- PLEASE read if you like lady porridge or headphones Last post on 5/15/13 at 12:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 2/17/15 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
RHA SA950ipost #1 of 329/27/12 at 6:32amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 329/27/12 at 9:23ampost #3 of 329/27/12 at 12:06pmpost #4 of 3210/12/12 at 1:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by jonathanjong
Anyone know anything about these?
It's gonna be in Apple stores on October 30th or 31st I think. I've posted a little bit of info here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/630148/rhas-new-sa950i-is-gonna-be-in-apple-stores
Yeah, me too! Ima get a review sample of these as I'm pretty curious about how they sound.
I've got a pair of their MA350 IEMs and I have been very impressed with them so far - especially in light of what they are ($40 IEMs).post #5 of 3210/23/12 at 7:26am
CultofMac.com just put up a review...
Sounds pretty positive. They look nice...it seems the build quality is a little lacking though. The question for me is...do they sound better than my Incase Sonics, which are my daily commute 'phones.post #6 of 3210/24/12 at 2:08pm
tinyman392, have to gotten yours yet? Interested in what your initial impressions are. Feel free to PM me.Quote:Originally Posted by Ronin317
CultofMac.com just put up a review...
Hmm, the dude listens mainly to podcasts and audiobooks... bit weird.Quote:
Ima be doing a review on these soon. Don't have a pair of Incase Sonics though so I can't tell you how they'd stack up. Is there anything in my inventory that you would say sounds similar to the Sonics?post #7 of 3210/24/12 at 3:19pmpost #8 of 3210/24/12 at 3:55pmpost #9 of 3210/25/12 at 7:38amQuote:
Hmm, the dude listens mainly to podcasts and audiobooks... bit weird.
Ima be doing a review on these soon. Don't have a pair of Incase Sonics though so I can't tell you how they'd stack up. Is there anything in my inventory that you would say sounds similar to the Sonics?
I wish I had a better answer for you, as I only have limited experience with headphones, and only a passing listen on anything on your list. The Sonics have a balanced signature after break-in, Bassy if the music calls for it, and pretty clear mids & highs. They can get a little harsh, especially on more shrill and precise instruments like a violin , but I suspect that could also be a recording quality or compression issue. For the price they were on Woot (~$50), I'm happy as hell with them. The build quality and comfort are excellent as well. However, after listening to a pair of B&W P5's, I find myself wanting more. Does that help?post #10 of 3210/26/12 at 2:21am
LOL, yes and no.Quote:Originally Posted by Ronin317
I wish I had a better answer for you, as I only have limited experience with headphones, and only a passing listen on anything on your list. The Sonics have a balanced signature after break-in, Bassy if the music calls for it, and pretty clear mids & highs. They can get a little harsh, especially on more shrill and precise instruments like a violin , but I suspect that could also be a recording quality or compression issue.
I would say that it leans a bit towards the darker side. The mids aren't overly or irritatingly recessed to the point of lo-fi cans, but I definitely would not label it mid-centric. The low end can be a bit boomy at times, and I suppose "bassy if the music calls for it" could fit. I find the highs to be a bit rolled off for my tastes, though there are people I know here who would find them totally acceptable. I don't want to say too much as I have yet to put a whole lot of time into the unit yet, but they are certainly not bad cans so far.
I'll be putting in a lot more ear time this coming weekend. Are there any particular test tracks that you'd like me to audition with them?post #11 of 3210/27/12 at 1:46pmpost #12 of 3210/27/12 at 6:54pmpost #13 of 3210/29/12 at 8:14am
Quick impressions... Overall signature is very balanced with a slight mid-bass focus and soft, splashy highs. Mids are warm with a nice sweetness. More will come with time. I'm about 30 hours in with the burn in process.post #14 of 3210/29/12 at 2:38pmQuote:
Thanks tinyman! Nice description. It's starting to get that way for me with more ear time. The LF response seems to calm down after the first 8 hours or so.
Been very occupied with a couple other RHA units lately, so this one hasn't been getting my full attention as of late. However, my experience with the other RHA units has been that they are indeed the real deal and not just a Johnny-come-lately at all... and so far, the SA950i is fitting in nicely with those expectations.post #15 of 3210/29/12 at 3:28pm
Wondering if anyone has used these with an android device - or specifically a Galaxy S3? I'm thinking of getting a pair of these for my commute and need to be able to answer calls etc. Anyone been there with these?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RHA SA950i
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Beyerdynamic T51i w/ Apple Mic and Remote (Like Brand New) -- Free... 9 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 11 seconds ago
- › La Figaro 339 14 seconds ago
- › WTB Ultimate Ears UE Reference (EU) 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3