Anyone know anything about these?
Related Forum Threads
- Comfortable On-ear headphones for gaming & general listening (RHA SA950i, MF100, V-MODA XS?) Last post on 5/29/14 at 7:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE215 - RANTING! READ THIS BEFORE BUYING WRONG HEADPHONES or IEM Last post on 12/23/13 at 5:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can anyone give me a quick answer on which to buy? ARH SA950I OR AKG K451???? Last post on 11/29/13 at 10:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
RHA SA950ipost #1 of 329/27/12 at 6:32amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 329/27/12 at 9:23ampost #3 of 329/27/12 at 12:06pmpost #4 of 3210/12/12 at 1:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by jonathanjong
Anyone know anything about these?
It's gonna be in Apple stores on October 30th or 31st I think. I've posted a little bit of info here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/630148/rhas-new-sa950i-is-gonna-be-in-apple-stores
Yeah, me too! Ima get a review sample of these as I'm pretty curious about how they sound.
I've got a pair of their MA350 IEMs and I have been very impressed with them so far - especially in light of what they are ($40 IEMs).post #5 of 3210/23/12 at 7:26am
CultofMac.com just put up a review...
Sounds pretty positive. They look nice...it seems the build quality is a little lacking though. The question for me is...do they sound better than my Incase Sonics, which are my daily commute 'phones.post #6 of 3210/24/12 at 2:08pm
tinyman392, have to gotten yours yet? Interested in what your initial impressions are. Feel free to PM me.Quote:Originally Posted by Ronin317
CultofMac.com just put up a review...
Hmm, the dude listens mainly to podcasts and audiobooks... bit weird.Quote:
Ima be doing a review on these soon. Don't have a pair of Incase Sonics though so I can't tell you how they'd stack up. Is there anything in my inventory that you would say sounds similar to the Sonics?post #7 of 3210/24/12 at 3:19pmpost #8 of 3210/24/12 at 3:55pmpost #9 of 3210/25/12 at 7:38amQuote:
Hmm, the dude listens mainly to podcasts and audiobooks... bit weird.
Ima be doing a review on these soon. Don't have a pair of Incase Sonics though so I can't tell you how they'd stack up. Is there anything in my inventory that you would say sounds similar to the Sonics?
I wish I had a better answer for you, as I only have limited experience with headphones, and only a passing listen on anything on your list. The Sonics have a balanced signature after break-in, Bassy if the music calls for it, and pretty clear mids & highs. They can get a little harsh, especially on more shrill and precise instruments like a violin , but I suspect that could also be a recording quality or compression issue. For the price they were on Woot (~$50), I'm happy as hell with them. The build quality and comfort are excellent as well. However, after listening to a pair of B&W P5's, I find myself wanting more. Does that help?post #10 of 3210/26/12 at 2:21am
LOL, yes and no.Quote:Originally Posted by Ronin317
I wish I had a better answer for you, as I only have limited experience with headphones, and only a passing listen on anything on your list. The Sonics have a balanced signature after break-in, Bassy if the music calls for it, and pretty clear mids & highs. They can get a little harsh, especially on more shrill and precise instruments like a violin , but I suspect that could also be a recording quality or compression issue.
I would say that it leans a bit towards the darker side. The mids aren't overly or irritatingly recessed to the point of lo-fi cans, but I definitely would not label it mid-centric. The low end can be a bit boomy at times, and I suppose "bassy if the music calls for it" could fit. I find the highs to be a bit rolled off for my tastes, though there are people I know here who would find them totally acceptable. I don't want to say too much as I have yet to put a whole lot of time into the unit yet, but they are certainly not bad cans so far.
I'll be putting in a lot more ear time this coming weekend. Are there any particular test tracks that you'd like me to audition with them?post #11 of 3210/27/12 at 1:46pmpost #12 of 3210/27/12 at 6:54pmpost #13 of 3210/29/12 at 8:14am
Quick impressions... Overall signature is very balanced with a slight mid-bass focus and soft, splashy highs. Mids are warm with a nice sweetness. More will come with time. I'm about 30 hours in with the burn in process.post #14 of 3210/29/12 at 2:38pmQuote:
Thanks tinyman! Nice description. It's starting to get that way for me with more ear time. The LF response seems to calm down after the first 8 hours or so.
Been very occupied with a couple other RHA units lately, so this one hasn't been getting my full attention as of late. However, my experience with the other RHA units has been that they are indeed the real deal and not just a Johnny-come-lately at all... and so far, the SA950i is fitting in nicely with those expectations.post #15 of 3210/29/12 at 3:28pm
Wondering if anyone has used these with an android device - or specifically a Galaxy S3? I'm thinking of getting a pair of these for my commute and need to be able to answer calls etc. Anyone been there with these?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RHA SA950i
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 23 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 27 seconds ago
- › Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones 55 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Fostex TH900 2 minutes ago
- › $100 IEMs For Rock/Metal 3 minutes ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 3 minutes ago
- › sennheiser game zero - help request 4 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 5 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)