Anyone know anything about these?
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 4/7/14 at 1:23am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE215 - RANTING! READ THIS BEFORE BUYING WRONG HEADPHONES or IEM Last post on 12/23/13 at 5:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can anyone give me a quick answer on which to buy? ARH SA950I OR AKG K451???? Last post on 11/29/13 at 10:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG K451 VS. RHA SA950i Last post on 11/29/13 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
RHA SA950ipost #1 of 319/27/12 at 6:32amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 319/27/12 at 9:23ampost #3 of 319/27/12 at 12:06pmpost #4 of 3110/12/12 at 1:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by jonathanjong
Anyone know anything about these?
It's gonna be in Apple stores on October 30th or 31st I think. I've posted a little bit of info here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/630148/rhas-new-sa950i-is-gonna-be-in-apple-stores
Yeah, me too! Ima get a review sample of these as I'm pretty curious about how they sound.
I've got a pair of their MA350 IEMs and I have been very impressed with them so far - especially in light of what they are ($40 IEMs).post #5 of 3110/23/12 at 7:26am
CultofMac.com just put up a review...
Sounds pretty positive. They look nice...it seems the build quality is a little lacking though. The question for me is...do they sound better than my Incase Sonics, which are my daily commute 'phones.post #6 of 3110/24/12 at 2:08pm
tinyman392, have to gotten yours yet? Interested in what your initial impressions are. Feel free to PM me.Quote:Originally Posted by Ronin317
CultofMac.com just put up a review...
Hmm, the dude listens mainly to podcasts and audiobooks... bit weird.Quote:
Ima be doing a review on these soon. Don't have a pair of Incase Sonics though so I can't tell you how they'd stack up. Is there anything in my inventory that you would say sounds similar to the Sonics?post #7 of 3110/24/12 at 3:19pmpost #8 of 3110/24/12 at 3:55pmpost #9 of 3110/25/12 at 7:38amQuote:
Hmm, the dude listens mainly to podcasts and audiobooks... bit weird.
Ima be doing a review on these soon. Don't have a pair of Incase Sonics though so I can't tell you how they'd stack up. Is there anything in my inventory that you would say sounds similar to the Sonics?
I wish I had a better answer for you, as I only have limited experience with headphones, and only a passing listen on anything on your list. The Sonics have a balanced signature after break-in, Bassy if the music calls for it, and pretty clear mids & highs. They can get a little harsh, especially on more shrill and precise instruments like a violin , but I suspect that could also be a recording quality or compression issue. For the price they were on Woot (~$50), I'm happy as hell with them. The build quality and comfort are excellent as well. However, after listening to a pair of B&W P5's, I find myself wanting more. Does that help?post #10 of 3110/26/12 at 2:21am
LOL, yes and no.Quote:Originally Posted by Ronin317
I wish I had a better answer for you, as I only have limited experience with headphones, and only a passing listen on anything on your list. The Sonics have a balanced signature after break-in, Bassy if the music calls for it, and pretty clear mids & highs. They can get a little harsh, especially on more shrill and precise instruments like a violin , but I suspect that could also be a recording quality or compression issue.
I would say that it leans a bit towards the darker side. The mids aren't overly or irritatingly recessed to the point of lo-fi cans, but I definitely would not label it mid-centric. The low end can be a bit boomy at times, and I suppose "bassy if the music calls for it" could fit. I find the highs to be a bit rolled off for my tastes, though there are people I know here who would find them totally acceptable. I don't want to say too much as I have yet to put a whole lot of time into the unit yet, but they are certainly not bad cans so far.
I'll be putting in a lot more ear time this coming weekend. Are there any particular test tracks that you'd like me to audition with them?post #11 of 3110/27/12 at 1:46pmpost #12 of 3110/27/12 at 6:54pmpost #13 of 3110/29/12 at 8:14am
Quick impressions... Overall signature is very balanced with a slight mid-bass focus and soft, splashy highs. Mids are warm with a nice sweetness. More will come with time. I'm about 30 hours in with the burn in process.post #14 of 3110/29/12 at 2:38pmQuote:
Thanks tinyman! Nice description. It's starting to get that way for me with more ear time. The LF response seems to calm down after the first 8 hours or so.
Been very occupied with a couple other RHA units lately, so this one hasn't been getting my full attention as of late. However, my experience with the other RHA units has been that they are indeed the real deal and not just a Johnny-come-lately at all... and so far, the SA950i is fitting in nicely with those expectations.post #15 of 3110/29/12 at 3:28pm
Wondering if anyone has used these with an android device - or specifically a Galaxy S3? I'm thinking of getting a pair of these for my commute and need to be able to answer calls etc. Anyone been there with these?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RHA SA950i
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audeze LCD-X 20 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Android: Neutron Music Player 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob