Anyone know anything about these?
Related Forum Threads
- PLEASE read if you like lady porridge or headphones Last post on 5/15/13 at 12:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best loud DJ Headphones for around £220/$350 Last post on 12/16/14 at 1:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- What effect does an audio processor have on headphones? Last post on 12/10/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Beyerdynamic 'Custom' Street headphone Last post on 12/12/14 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there IEMs that can match full size headphones Last post on 12/14/14 at 10:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
These are, without a doubt, the best In Ear Monitors that I own / have owned. Let me say that I purchased the pink color because it was far less expensive, less than $40. I purchased my pair from...
RHA SA950ipost #1 of 329/27/12 at 6:32amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 329/27/12 at 9:23ampost #3 of 329/27/12 at 12:06pmpost #4 of 3210/12/12 at 1:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by jonathanjong
Anyone know anything about these?
It's gonna be in Apple stores on October 30th or 31st I think. I've posted a little bit of info here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/630148/rhas-new-sa950i-is-gonna-be-in-apple-stores
Yeah, me too! Ima get a review sample of these as I'm pretty curious about how they sound.
I've got a pair of their MA350 IEMs and I have been very impressed with them so far - especially in light of what they are ($40 IEMs).post #5 of 3210/23/12 at 7:26am
CultofMac.com just put up a review...
Sounds pretty positive. They look nice...it seems the build quality is a little lacking though. The question for me is...do they sound better than my Incase Sonics, which are my daily commute 'phones.post #6 of 3210/24/12 at 2:08pm
tinyman392, have to gotten yours yet? Interested in what your initial impressions are. Feel free to PM me.Quote:Originally Posted by Ronin317
CultofMac.com just put up a review...
Hmm, the dude listens mainly to podcasts and audiobooks... bit weird.Quote:
Ima be doing a review on these soon. Don't have a pair of Incase Sonics though so I can't tell you how they'd stack up. Is there anything in my inventory that you would say sounds similar to the Sonics?post #7 of 3210/24/12 at 3:19pmpost #8 of 3210/24/12 at 3:55pmpost #9 of 3210/25/12 at 7:38amQuote:
Hmm, the dude listens mainly to podcasts and audiobooks... bit weird.
Ima be doing a review on these soon. Don't have a pair of Incase Sonics though so I can't tell you how they'd stack up. Is there anything in my inventory that you would say sounds similar to the Sonics?
I wish I had a better answer for you, as I only have limited experience with headphones, and only a passing listen on anything on your list. The Sonics have a balanced signature after break-in, Bassy if the music calls for it, and pretty clear mids & highs. They can get a little harsh, especially on more shrill and precise instruments like a violin , but I suspect that could also be a recording quality or compression issue. For the price they were on Woot (~$50), I'm happy as hell with them. The build quality and comfort are excellent as well. However, after listening to a pair of B&W P5's, I find myself wanting more. Does that help?post #10 of 3210/26/12 at 2:21am
LOL, yes and no.Quote:Originally Posted by Ronin317
I wish I had a better answer for you, as I only have limited experience with headphones, and only a passing listen on anything on your list. The Sonics have a balanced signature after break-in, Bassy if the music calls for it, and pretty clear mids & highs. They can get a little harsh, especially on more shrill and precise instruments like a violin , but I suspect that could also be a recording quality or compression issue.
I would say that it leans a bit towards the darker side. The mids aren't overly or irritatingly recessed to the point of lo-fi cans, but I definitely would not label it mid-centric. The low end can be a bit boomy at times, and I suppose "bassy if the music calls for it" could fit. I find the highs to be a bit rolled off for my tastes, though there are people I know here who would find them totally acceptable. I don't want to say too much as I have yet to put a whole lot of time into the unit yet, but they are certainly not bad cans so far.
I'll be putting in a lot more ear time this coming weekend. Are there any particular test tracks that you'd like me to audition with them?post #11 of 3210/27/12 at 1:46pmpost #12 of 3210/27/12 at 6:54pmpost #13 of 3210/29/12 at 8:14am
Quick impressions... Overall signature is very balanced with a slight mid-bass focus and soft, splashy highs. Mids are warm with a nice sweetness. More will come with time. I'm about 30 hours in with the burn in process.post #14 of 3210/29/12 at 2:38pmQuote:
Thanks tinyman! Nice description. It's starting to get that way for me with more ear time. The LF response seems to calm down after the first 8 hours or so.
Been very occupied with a couple other RHA units lately, so this one hasn't been getting my full attention as of late. However, my experience with the other RHA units has been that they are indeed the real deal and not just a Johnny-come-lately at all... and so far, the SA950i is fitting in nicely with those expectations.post #15 of 3210/29/12 at 3:28pm
Wondering if anyone has used these with an android device - or specifically a Galaxy S3? I'm thinking of getting a pair of these for my commute and need to be able to answer calls etc. Anyone been there with these?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RHA SA950i
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 51 seconds ago
- › The new Eddie Current 2A3x4 1 minute ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 1 minute ago
- › Budget Giant Killing Speakers! 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-ES9 with upgraded ESW11 pads For Sale 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Best audiophile metal and rock albums 5 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by witygass
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)