- 2 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K240 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productCAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 )tagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productKoss Pro4AAT Titanium Pro Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 9/27/12More
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productUltrasone DJ1tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need for Comfortable, Good Sounding, Bassy Headphones (Under $150) Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying Advice Sought ($70-150) Last post on 12/5/12 at 10:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alternatives to ATH-M50? Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So, this is my firest review on Head-Fi. My name is Jonny, I'm 23. Masters student studying Future Design, I work part time in my local phone store and I've been in love with audio since I was...
I would like to thank Christian from plusSound for providing the X8 GPC in return for my honest opinion. Introduction PlusSound started making cables around 2012, and has consistently been...
I've recentlty bougth them for office. All i wanted was a pair of fairly decent cans within the budget ive prepaired for this occasion. Unboxing was a surprise, in the package we get a nice pair...
If you are a bass head and like still like to hear to rest of the music, then this Burson V4 could be for you. Charles at Burson had offered the V5 in exchange for a honest evaluation. I did...
Preamble: Founded just last year in 2015, ORIVETI (http://www.oriveti.com/) is still a new company on the market that is however not new to the audio business, having members in their...
Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money?post #1 of 49/27/12 at 3:56amThread Starterthese headphone look phenomenal and I've heard they sound great but they are pretty pricy.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 49/27/12 at 6:00am
Yeap. Here's some alternatives:
Ultrasone HFI 580
Ultrasone HFI 780
CAD Audio MH310
Beyer DT770 PRO's
Koss PRO4AAT Titanium Pro's
Sony MDR 7506
AKG K240 MKII
AKG K271 MKII
Very best,post #3 of 49/27/12 at 1:27pmThread Starterpost #4 of 49/27/12 at 1:34pm
I can personally vouch for a number headphones being better, including the Ultrasone HFI-580 (which are only a little less expensive) and the Sony MDR-V6's (which are about half the price, and still better).
The AKG K271's are also much better, assuming you like a headphone that's a little light on bass. Though, again, they aren't much cheaper, unless you go used.
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 44 seconds ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Newbie help: Audeze Sine vs Meze 99 Classics vs V-Moda XS/M-80/100... 2 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 5 minutes ago
- › Cypherlabs AlgoRhythm Picollo Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSine 20 by AudioJunki3
- › PlusSound X8 IEM Cable by flinkenick
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by d1554573r
- › Supreme Sound Opamp V4 by snellemin
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear