- 2 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K240 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productCAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 )tagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productKoss Pro4AAT Titanium Pro Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 9/27/12More
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productUltrasone DJ1tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need for Comfortable, Good Sounding, Bassy Headphones (Under $150) Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying Advice Sought ($70-150) Last post on 12/5/12 at 10:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alternatives to ATH-M50? Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I’ll be honest. When I was offered a review unit of the Turbines, I was not really looking forward to reviewing them. The CGI render of the Turbines that Ghostek commonly uses for promotion...
Review: Cleer DU High Definition Dual-Driver Headphone Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is the Audio Expo North...
The ED9 is overall a good and very funny iem from China. build + design: The metal housing shows confidence and it looks like it won't break for a long time. I did like the looks...
(Player: Cowon Plenue D ; Earphone: JH5) Before I start, I must say that this was not the beginning of my experience with the brand cables. I own the Ares cable also (first model) and make...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money?post #1 of 49/27/12 at 3:56amThread Starterthese headphone look phenomenal and I've heard they sound great but they are pretty pricy.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 49/27/12 at 6:00am
Yeap. Here's some alternatives:
Ultrasone HFI 580
Ultrasone HFI 780
CAD Audio MH310
Beyer DT770 PRO's
Koss PRO4AAT Titanium Pro's
Sony MDR 7506
AKG K240 MKII
AKG K271 MKII
Very best,post #3 of 49/27/12 at 1:27pmThread Starterpost #4 of 49/27/12 at 1:34pm
I can personally vouch for a number headphones being better, including the Ultrasone HFI-580 (which are only a little less expensive) and the Sony MDR-V6's (which are about half the price, and still better).
The AKG K271's are also much better, assuming you like a headphone that's a little light on bass. Though, again, they aren't much cheaper, unless you go used.
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › is this really a problem with blind tests? 25 seconds ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 47 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 5 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 5 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...