- 2 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K240 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productCAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 )tagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productKoss Pro4AAT Titanium Pro Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 9/27/12More
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productUltrasone DJ1tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need for Comfortable, Good Sounding, Bassy Headphones (Under $150) Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying Advice Sought ($70-150) Last post on 12/5/12 at 10:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alternatives to ATH-M50? Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service. After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I...
Introduction – When I was first looking into a set of computer speakers, many brands tickled my ear but few really caught my eye. Edifier are a perfect example of a brand renowned for their...
Mine developed a noisy right channel after a relatively short time. Cambridge Tech support was poor and customer support was just as bad. This company is pennywise and pound foolish and should...
I’ve worked with Accutone IEMs before. However, I’ve never been so thoroughly satisfied a product of theirs. Almost every build-quality complaint I’ve had before lies dead at the feet of...
I have heard the littledot mkIV, and it pretty much sounded like any other solid state amp as well so i though eh, littledot is just another shammy company... but then I discovered the MKIII - and...
Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money?post #1 of 49/27/12 at 3:56amThread Starterthese headphone look phenomenal and I've heard they sound great but they are pretty pricy.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 49/27/12 at 6:00am
Yeap. Here's some alternatives:
Ultrasone HFI 580
Ultrasone HFI 780
CAD Audio MH310
Beyer DT770 PRO's
Koss PRO4AAT Titanium Pro's
Sony MDR 7506
AKG K240 MKII
AKG K271 MKII
Very best,post #3 of 49/27/12 at 1:27pmThread Starterpost #4 of 49/27/12 at 1:34pm
I can personally vouch for a number headphones being better, including the Ultrasone HFI-580 (which are only a little less expensive) and the Sony MDR-V6's (which are about half the price, and still better).
The AKG K271's are also much better, assuming you like a headphone that's a little light on bass. Though, again, they aren't much cheaper, unless you go used.
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Mitchell & Johnson – Electrostatz Headphones, Kickstarter Edition 2 minutes ago
- › SELL ME YOUR YAMAHA MT220! 5 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 6 minutes ago
- › The Head-Fi Times "A Ghetto burnout newspaper" 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD HUGO TT (as new & unused) 7 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 10 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 11 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Malfunkt
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by bhazard
- › Brainwavz Jive by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Nano iUSB 3.0 Power Supply by Army-Firedawg
- › iFi Pro iCAN by thatonenoob
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...