- 2 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K240 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productCAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 )tagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productKoss Pro4AAT Titanium Pro Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 9/27/12More
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productUltrasone DJ1tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need for Comfortable, Good Sounding, Bassy Headphones (Under $150) Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying Advice Sought ($70-150) Last post on 12/5/12 at 10:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alternatives to ATH-M50? Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money?post #1 of 49/27/12 at 3:56amThread Starterthese headphone look phenomenal and I've heard they sound great but they are pretty pricy.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 49/27/12 at 6:00am
Yeap. Here's some alternatives:
Ultrasone HFI 580
Ultrasone HFI 780
CAD Audio MH310
Beyer DT770 PRO's
Koss PRO4AAT Titanium Pro's
Sony MDR 7506
AKG K240 MKII
AKG K271 MKII
Very best,post #3 of 49/27/12 at 1:27pmThread Starterpost #4 of 49/27/12 at 1:34pm
I can personally vouch for a number headphones being better, including the Ultrasone HFI-580 (which are only a little less expensive) and the Sony MDR-V6's (which are about half the price, and still better).
The AKG K271's are also much better, assuming you like a headphone that's a little light on bass. Though, again, they aren't much cheaper, unless you go used.
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Will This Be Called The Westone "Epic" Tip? 10 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Marantz HD-DAC1 3 minutes ago
- › Cambridge meet impressions, 25 April 2015 3 minutes ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 12 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2