- 2 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K240 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productCAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 )tagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productKoss Pro4AAT Titanium Pro Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 9/27/12More
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productUltrasone DJ1tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need for Comfortable, Good Sounding, Bassy Headphones (Under $150) Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying Advice Sought ($70-150) Last post on 12/5/12 at 10:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alternatives to ATH-M50? Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money?post #1 of 49/27/12 at 3:56amThread Starterthese headphone look phenomenal and I've heard they sound great but they are pretty pricy.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 49/27/12 at 6:00am
Yeap. Here's some alternatives:
Ultrasone HFI 580
Ultrasone HFI 780
CAD Audio MH310
Beyer DT770 PRO's
Koss PRO4AAT Titanium Pro's
Sony MDR 7506
AKG K240 MKII
AKG K271 MKII
Very best,post #3 of 49/27/12 at 1:27pmThread Starterpost #4 of 49/27/12 at 1:34pm
I can personally vouch for a number headphones being better, including the Ultrasone HFI-580 (which are only a little less expensive) and the Sony MDR-V6's (which are about half the price, and still better).
The AKG K271's are also much better, assuming you like a headphone that's a little light on bass. Though, again, they aren't much cheaper, unless you go used.
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Three Word Story 2 seconds ago
- › ZMF Master Model V1 19 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 26 seconds ago
- › The Sennheiser HD-600 thread 51 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 minute ago
- › Hello! Also Sony MDR-MA900 vs Fostex T50RP-mk3 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdyamic T1's for sale or trade 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse